“First and last time...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   5234 Ferry Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1R5, Canada   |
Ranked #101 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
WNY
“First and last time...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I bought a groupon deal for the hotel and booked for mid december 2014. Normally we visit several times a year, including in December for shopping and the WFOL, so I have been a falls regular for 20 years. This was the first time we booked at this hotel. Typically I will get a groupon for the Hilton or something closer to the falls. Upon check in, there was a sign that the pool was closed for maintenance. I inquired and they said they were not sure whether it would be open during my stay or not. (there was no mention on the website, or on the electronic board outside). I have a three year old daughter who was so looking forward to swimming (and a huge let down). No comps were offered. I asked whether they had shared access with a neighboring hotel for the pool and they said no. Strike one. Fortunately, I booked a jacuzzi/fireplace suite and hoped that would suffice. I should mention I was also charged $15 per night for parking (during the slowest time of year, in the middle of the week). On the way to the room, the hallways were very cold and were so the entire stay. The room itself was poorly lit, but nice. The hot tub was two person and the gas fireplace was a nice touch to the room. Overall it was clean and up to date. The fireplace blower got extremely loud after it ran for a while. The first night we received a phone call at 11pm from the front desk, asking if anyone in the room was smoking. I said no and expressed my displeasure in waking myself and my family up. The toilet in the bathroom ran constantly and shook the pipes every 45 seconds throughout the night. The king bed was hard and relatively uncomfortable. I woke up at 630 to take a shower that next morning and no hot water. I let it run for a good ten minutes and it was ice cold. Went to lobby and the front desk was unhelpful and unconcerned. They said the manger will be there in a few hours. I'm glad they helped me solve that problem ! Went to breakfast without showers and returned around 11, to find the water had finally been fixed. Talked to the manager and she was relatively unhelpful, but pleasant. She offered no comps to the room or a fix for our trouble ( a place for my daughter to swim would have been great). Our last day the 'hot coffee' in the lobby was cold (at 730am), but the girl at the desk got some made right up for us, which was appreciated greatly! I overheard the manager talking to the front desk clerk on the day our our checkout that they normally do not charge for parking. So at checkout, I made sure that parking got removed from my bill and the was my compensation for all the problems. Overall, I would not recommend the hotel. Stay somewhere closer to the falls, with good reviews. Its worth the money and overall you will be more satisfied than staying here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you can.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my stay and I can't wait to book again. I enjoyed how close everything was ie. resturants, casino, liquor store and tourist attractions including Niagara Falls. I appreciated the fact that the room was preheated I understand It's a small thing for some but a huge thing for me. Most of the time the rooms are cold and you have to hear them up yourself.

• Stayed November 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Convenient location for a refurbished Quality Inn in Niagara. Easy walk or drive to Clifton Hill, bit of a hike to the falls.
Long halls, but ample rooms with new furniture and amenities
Nice pool and hot tub jaccuzzi. Turn the dry sauna on 15 minutes before you want a nice sauna

Room Tip: close to elevator
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was amazing! Got a deal, stayed and it was just absolutely amazing. I plan to recommend to other friends & family.

Staff were courteous , kind, & helpful when we needed things. Should have picked up two nights.

Went as family (all of us are adults though, parents, and their daughters with respective partners).

Front Desk was helpful, informative, kind, courteous. They were very welcoming & and made it absolutely wonderful.

Room Service was also great.

Room was extremely clean & neat.

There were a lot of bonuses of why I loved it so much. We plan to stay there again in the New Year. <3

Special Thanks to Front Staff & Room Service upstairs - Thanks for making all of our stay very special!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Bought this deal on groupon. Birthday weekend for my brother-in-law! Upon check in we were told there were no rooms, they had plumbing problems? Why not inform us. We bought weeks in advance so a simple call to give us a heads up! Not! We had to go look for alternate rooms elsewhere for the night. The wonderful Travel lodge across the street had rooms. They told us that this happens at least 3 times a week. They get people coming over for rooms because of the horrible service. The check in staff were very rude and very disrespectful! Spare the disappointment and book elsewhere!

Room Tip: Don't bother with this place. Go somewhere else!
Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Overall stay at Quality Inn was excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the location was perfect walking distance from Niagara Falls, with many places to keep us occupied. We enjoyed it so much we needed to stay one more night and was able to keep our same room for a reasonable price. Definitely will stay here again for our next trip!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014 via mobile

Booked here in September for a mini getaway for me and my husband , we travelled from way up north for the weekend .
This hotel was very nice
Very nice lobby area , where you could get coffee in the morning
Front desk was very friendly , kind , and helpful with any questions and with directions to different places
We stayed for two nights and the housekeeping was very on top of things ,and room was all always clean.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!