“You get what you're paying for” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls

You added Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls to your Saves list
Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6546 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #43 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“You get what you're paying for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Pros:
excellent views, location is very good, Remington is good food, good experience, Casino is close by, nice rooms, kind receptionists

Cons: Applebees is very bad and expensive for what you get,
pillows are horrible, there were suspicious origine stains here and there, Took pics but never showed management. Also, when I told them about my sh...y nigh they were not concerned at all.

Bring you own pillows, I was unable to fall asleep because the pillows were form the dollar store probably and very plasticy, rigid, sweaty etc

Room Tip: bring your own pillow!!!!! Pay for the fallsview
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For our yearly get away, my sister and I booked the Oakes. For the first night, we had found a Groupon with vouchers to restaurants. Since we needed a second night I called the hotel directly. To my surprise, the price is cheaper when you call than booking online. We had the Gourmet package with supper at Remington included. We bought breakfast vouchers for $7.50 per person at Applebee, which is a good deal in Niagara falls. When we checked in, we were given an upgrade to Room with a view of the Falls without even asking.
The beds/pillows are comfortable. The plumbing is a bit noisy from the other rooms. The heating was a bit hard to control, I would have liked a thicker blanket. There is free WiFi in the room.
Tip for parking: go park at the casino. We paid nothing as we went for a show. You get free parking also when you play at the casino. This is worth it. 5 minutes walk to the hotel.
I love the Oakes and will go again.

Room Tip: You cannot beat a room with a view of the falls
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
nicole g, Front Office Manager at Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, responded to this review, 5 days ago

We appreciate your comments, through this we are able to make the changes necessary to accommodate our guest with a higher level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kingston, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

View over the falls was great, we cannot deny that.

However, we got booked in connected rooms with another family. Although communicating doors were locked, they weren't sound proof and we were therefore being waked up every morning by a mom and dad yelling after their kid. For what was supposed to be a "relaxing vacation", the purpose was not achieved. Connected rooms should never be booked to two different groups of people that don't know each other. Even less to two different families...

When requesting a discount for that room because of all the trouble, the staff refused to give any form of compensation and was not flexible.

To conclude, please note that the room had no fridge. Ask if they are all in that same format if required.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has no communication with another.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
nicole g, Front Office Manager at Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, responded to this review, 6 days ago

We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We assign rooms at the time of check in highest to lowest and as they become clean from the housekeeping department. We will note your comments in regards to assigning connecting rooms to non family, as on busy weekends this at times can not be avoided. We do have fridge's for rental for 10.00 per day, you may request these at the time of booking or once checked in..

thank you again fro your review and comments

nicole
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was a little apprehensive about staying here after the reviews, but decided to give it a go as it was the best rate for a fallsview room. Check in was nice, friendly and efficient. Upon entry to the room, I discovered I had been upgraded to a jacuzzi room and I was very impressed with the size of the room. There was a sofa, a coffee percolator, wardrobe and drawers upon immediate entry to the room, then the bathroom with a separate shower, then the main bedroom with amazing views over the falls. The bed was huge and really comfortable and, unlike other reviewers, cleanliness was not an issue - although it did appear that the toiletries were half used. Lots of storage space and a heater (came in very handy when drying my clothes from the heavy rain).
I got soaked seeing the sights so the jacuzzi was very much welcomed when I returned. I had the jets on and no muck came out so the jacuzzi was kept nice and clean too.

My only issues with the room were that there wasn't an in-room safe, which I found really odd considering this was not budget accommodation - a hotel like this should 100% have in-room safes. The wifi was also a little dodgy at times and kept on dropping out, but no biggie.

I didn't try the pool or gym - the pool was quite busy and the gym was small, but seemed to have the essentials - although it was right next to a glass window next to the road/pavement. Put me off using it tbh.

All the staff on reception that I spoke to were really friendly and helpful - there was no evidence of service like in previous reviews. They were really good to book a taxi for me too.

For the price, room and service I got for my stay, I have no complaints - i couldnt fault my stay (although less rain would have been appreciated :-) ), therefore 5 star

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us in regards to your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback, whether good or bad. through our guests comments we able to improve our overall quality of service. We do offer an amazing range of rooms to suit any budget. From our traditional guest rooms with no view to our premier king Jacuzzi suites you can be sure to always for something that fits your needs.
I will pass along this review so that our staff see that great job they have done. We look forward to seeing you again!

Macclesfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I cannot praise highly enough this Hotel, it has it all including the wow factor. My wife and I checked into this hotel on the 2nd April for 3 days for our visit to Niagara Falls. Upon arrival we were explained everything from the polite and friendly receptionist, who informed us that the Wi-Fi was free (and it worked perfectly throughout our stay) and gave us some vouchers for our breakfast at Appleby’s next door (very nice breakfast with polite staff again).

We paid a very reasonable price compared to the other hotels in a similar location, for a Falls view room on the 6th floor room 629. Upon entering the room I was gob smacked at the view and the size of the room. A massive clean room with two double beds and a large bathroom with a massive bath with a terrific view of the horse shoe falls (see my picture from the room).

No noise could be heard from the other rooms, the TV was a flat screen affair with lots of clear channels, all other conveniences were there, Iron, Kettle for tea and coffee, Alarm clock etc. An ice bucket was provided as that you could get your free ice just outside the door. The bed was really comfy, and the maid changed the sheets and towels and cleaned up every day.

Although we didn’t use them, the hotel had a pool and games room, and was very modern and not in a state of disrepair. The Car Park was absolutely fine with lots of spaces to park, either round the hotel or Appleby’s next door for a reasonable $20 per day. The location is second to none, with the falls in front of you and down the hill to the Casino and shops and Clark Hill, and the central attractions, brill. Just opposite the hotel is the cable car down to the falls for a few bucks.

To get to the hotel from the main QEW freeway, is a piece of cake, and Marine Land is only a mile away (but isn’t open until mid-may).

The room temperature is fine and very controllable, as is the shower and bath for plenty of hot water for that huge bath tub.

I did read a few negative reviews about this hotel, and didn’t know what to expect, as we were travelling down from Toronto having flown from England, I hoped it would be okay, but I was wrong, this hotel is not just okay, it is impeccable in all respects, and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone. So don’t bother looking elsewhere just book the Oakes.

On a final note, I would just like to thank all the staff, who constantly smiled and could not do enough for you, and as for the see through lifts amazing.

We will be back, Thanks again, Mark and Michaela

Room Tip: Get a high room with a view of the falls
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark and Michaela,

Thank you for choosing the Oakes Hotel for your trip to Niagara Falls. We are the closest hotel to the brink of the falls with the greatest views. We are thrilled that you liked your room and all of our amenities that we have to offer. We also have an observation area on the 14th floor for those that would like a impeccable view with amazing pictures. This is a great location to view the fireworks that begin in may.

I hope on your next trip to Canada Niagara Falls and The Oakes hotel are on your list!

Until next time
Take care
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here in February hence it was very cold but our room was everything we hoped for. First of all the view of the falls was spectacular, even if they were rather frozen over !!! The room was one of the older rooms, very 70s in decor, however I found this actually added to the whole experience since I am tired now of your standard bland room. The room was clean, large with two good sized beds, even though we only used one, and most importantly it was warm. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept with no problems, which is unusual when staying at a hotel. The staff on the front desk were very helpful and courteous and breakfast next door in the attached dinner/bar was good with pleasant staff. The hotel location is perfect for the falls and within easy walking distance of all amenities and attractions in Niagara area. Would I stay here again, a definite yes.

Room Tip: Ask for a Falls View and go for a room on the 7th floor or above
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all our the comments we receive from our recent guests. Your feedback is what helps let others know of the great location and service that The Oakes Hotel has to offer.

sincerely
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed just the one night here but took one of the special deals which give us passes to 6 different wineries and a chocolate factory plus vouchers for a resturant for evening meal and one for breakfast. Good value - rooms are what they are basic but clean,but the views from rooms 1021 & 1022 are reall excellent .if you are going to the Falls a stay here would be just fine as you spend most time out and about anyway but it is very central and gives you access to everything.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate your time and comments. We hope you will share your experience's with friends and family!

Nicole

Been to Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls? Share your experiences!