“Tremendous View & Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls

Save Saved
You added Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls to your Saves list
Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6546 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #46 of 138 hotels in Niagara Falls
Euclid, Ohio
“Tremendous View & Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Like many, we bought the package (two nights, bfast at Applebees each day for two, dinner at Remington's, wine tasting for two at four wineries, free chocolate factory tour) and had expectations lowered by many jaded reviewers. Here we are at end of our trip with priceless view of the entire array of Niagara Falls --- Horseshoe, Bridal Veil and American --- unobstructed from our room!!! Absolutely Tremendous View and Value!!! Room is clean and not at all as the cynics described. TV is not flat screen but also not cathode vintage. Furnishings are fine, functional and in good repair, if not most modern. Heating is quiet, bathroom is spotless, beds are comfortable, bedding is tasteful. Restaurants included in package are above average in food quality, staffed with exceptionally friendly personnel, and are all included in very affordable package. My wife and I have traveled in 30 years of marriage throughout the world, staying in luxurious resorts as well as budget-sensitive accommodations. We have never seen a better value than this package, and never expect to have a better view from our room (7th floor) of one of nature's greatest wonders. We find the complaints about it to be vacuous and petty. This is a tremendous value with an incomparable view.

Room Tip: 7th and 8th floors are in basic package while perfectly situated to experience the falls, which are...

1,809 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

There was a group of 10 of us staying at the hotel celebrating 2 anniversaries and a birthday on the weekend of November 24th. At check in we were ignored for 15 minutes by 3 clerks with no customer service skills! The only good thing about the hotel rooms was the view...the bathrooms were a disaster! Dirty, tub wouldn't drain and water pressure was similar to that of a fire truck putting out a fire....ouch! The pool area was dirty, the water was freezing and the hot tub didn't have working jets....very gross! There were things floating around in the water!We purchased the Applebees family package which was a huge mistake. The service at Applebees was the worst I've seen! We had to chase the waitress down for service and even when she made eye contact with us she would keep on walking by us! Perhaps because we were part of a package, we weren't a priority for them....how dissapointing! The food was below average and customer service was non existent. Needless to say we will never come to this hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
East York,Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

we purchased the romance package for our 33rd anniversary. we were on the 19th floor facing the falls "AMAZING" the room was nice and clean. the tv and channel selection is in dire need of an upgrade . the staff was kind and helpful .our package included breakfast at Applebees and dinner at Remingtons both were great .all in all we had a nice stay.

Room Tip: "If you want a great view of the falls get the upper floors"
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I would recommend to all my friends and family to stay at the Oakes overlooking the falls hotel.
The room was clean and had a very excellent view of the falls. The staff was courteous and friendly. Checkout was easy and quick.
My fiancé and I enjoyed our night very much

• Stayed November 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We got a promo offer online to stay 2 nights at The Oakes Overlooking the Falls and the description said stay was in a room overlooking the falls. We were checked in the 5th Floor which had a view of the falls but not a good one. All you see is a glimpse or shadow of the falls because trees covered the sight. The TV set is an old one which doesn't work properly. The furniture set and lamps are outdated, no outlets available to plug in and the heater is noisy, as well the smell is not pleasant. The towels are a little worn-out and there is no microwave. The package included free wifi but it was not easy to get connected. Calls through 1 800 number are charged. m

This is far cry from my expectations and I was really disappointed. I don't think I would like to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you book a room that says overlooking the falls, be sure to ask which floor because they might ch...
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from staying at the Oakes hotel in Niagara Falls for my 10 year annaversary, check in was good, and view from our room was amazing. Once in the room we turned on the heater and it made so much noise while running, used the toilet and flushed it made so much noise I woke up my wife during the night, I had to help my wife get into and out of the jacuzzi tub because of the horrible design of it, took a shower in the morning and half way threw it I had to stop because the water was not draining properly and was starting to leak out of the shower. Once I checked out I was waiting at the front desk for 5 mins while the staff was outside having a smoke break. Once I told her about the room problems she didn't care or apologies for it. I will never stay here again. I have stayed at many hotels in Niagara Falls and this has been the worst I will never go back there!

• Stayed November 2012
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here in july. This hotel had everything. The rooms were nice, the staff was friendly and the pool and location was great! You have to pay $10 for parking which is expected in NF. This is not a five star however a nice hotel for families. Views of the falls are nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls? Share your experiences!