“Front desk staff Athena was great,helpfull and friendly as always.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino

You added Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino to your Saves list
Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5657 Victoria Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3L5, Canada   |
Ranked #54 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Waterloo, Canada
“Front desk staff Athena was great,helpfull and friendly as always.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Tower room was quite nice with a nice view. Very clean and had a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

This is our third trip to the falls. This was our second time staying with this hotel and it was perfect. When we come back in a couple months we will definatly be staying at this Days Inn. It is a great location; great staff and parking area. Close to the casino and falls. Its about a minutes walk from one of the casino and like a 10 minute walk to the falls. Its 5 minutes from the Ripleys Believe it or Not. That way you have an idea of the location. THE BEST HOTEL! The only thing I would change is for the room to have a mirror ourside of the bathroom! Other than that it was PERFECT!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This hotel is a run down dingy hotel!! The staff are nasty rude people who don't deserve anything. Their rooms in the court yard are old and broken smell like crap. They bathrooms are dirty and everything falls apart in their. Their t.v has only 5 channels. Don't even want to take a show their, the hot water only come on for like 2 mins. Their windows are falling apart, their are bugs in the rooms. Worst experience of my life!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

My wife and I had stayed previously at this hotel, April 2009 and May 2009, respectively. We liked the hotel and location so much that we decided to come back here for our annual trip to the Niagara Falls area in May 2010. All three times, we had stayed in the Tower, a room with a balcony facing Victoria (on two of the three occasions, we actually got the same room).

The April 2009 stay was probably the stay with the best value, as we had taken advantage of an Expedia special which featured a $25 voucher for Remington's of Niagara restaurant next door.

The May 2009 stay was probably the least value of all the stays - likely because it was getting to the busy period, plus the fact that I had to pay a premium to get a Tower room.

The May 2010 stay was of middle value; the Saturday night stay (which added about 120% to the cost of the room, just because it was Saturday) definitely took away from the value that we got during the Thursday and Friday nights' rates. Ah well, we knew this going in.

The rooms were quite nice, always kept clean. On the second of our 3 visits, the wireless Internet was not working, and the front desk did not anticipate it being fixed during our stay (3 nights); however, I did bring my Internet USB stick, so it wasn't a total loss. Still, if I had been a guest who was relying on the hotel's service, I definitely would have been quite put out.

The location is probably the most ideal of what this hotel has going for it: it's close enough to Clifton Hill (1/2 block walk, North along Victoria) to be convenient to walk to the festivities, or couple of bars in the area, but far enough away that you aren't constantly waiting for pedestrians when you drive into/out of the hotel parking lot. It's right across from the Fallsview Waterpark and Casino Niagara, as well. Definitely, an ideal location.

Parking is an extra fee that is charged per day and there was plenty of it -- both surface parking as well as a covered parkade. The lowest level of the parking garage is a little creepy as you have to walk through the bowels of the basement of the hotel, passing the laundry facilities and staff area.

The indoor pool seems quite nice, although, we didn't get to use it during our stay. We would have done so for our August 2010 visit with our daughters (the first Niagara visit with the whole fam damily), but the cost of Days Inn Clifton Hill was prohibitive and we ended up staying at the Days Inn North of the Falls (see review).

All in all, the Days Inn Clifton Hill is a very nice hotel, and I would definitely stay again, if the price is right. However, I've noticed the price of the stays getting higher and higher, to the point where other hotels are attracting our attention. Case in point, we recently booked the Days Inn Centre Street location (which is only a block further West from the Clifton Hill/Victoria intersection -- so, not that much further than the Clifton Hill Days Inn) for an upcoming May 2011 Niagara stay -- and the cost of the hotel was approximately 65% that of this Days Inn. Not saying that Days Inn Clifton Hill isn't worth it, and I don't have any experience (yet) with the Centre Street location, but still...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I would never suggest anyone staying at this Hotel.

They had horrible service with giving your reserved room away and with staff attitude horrible and the rooms were dirty and the heating/air does not work at all.

Dirty rooms, dirty stair, carpet look like at cebra, stains, stains, stains.

Alarm went off 4.00am nobody cares,

PLEASE DONT STAY HERE is lke at motel, The main tower is nice ( we stay in january, so we went back, big big mistake)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stay in January 2011, in the main tower, beautifull.
So we decide to go again w/family.The give to us 2 room at the MOTEL BESIDE (245-246)
Going from the parking lot to the 2nd floor stair, discusting, dirty, human feces, etc.
We call to make reservation REMINGTON REST (goog food , excelent service) they never make the reservation.
The room clean, carpet look like cebra, stain, clables not attache to wall, etc.
Nite time, 4.00 AM alrm stair went off, nobody show up, people running in the hallway like was 4 PM.
We ask to be weak-up at 10.am, still waiting for the call.
I PROMISE: I WILL DO ANYTHING POSSIBLE TO LET KNOW MOST THE PEOPLE I KNOW TO NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE. AGAIN. AT LEAST TO THE MOTEL BESIDE THE HOTEL ALSO KNOW BY DAYS INN CLIFTON HILL.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed at Days inn Clifton Hill during Family Day Holiday. I booked two rooms for my family. Check in was fast, but was very dissapointed when we did not get the adjoining room I had requested on the phone. Our room was pretty spacious, which we had hoped since it was a family suite. It had microwave, fridge and a SINGLE person pull out sofa bed. We had the city view from our room. Just across from the Casino Niagara.

Dont expect anything spectacular from this hotel, that way you would not get dissapointed. It does not have any fancy decorations, no new carpeting, what like I said its not a 5 star hotel, its not even a 3. But if you just need a place to sleep for a night, then I would recommend this hotel. But if you want comfort and relaxation, look else where.

The price is pretty decent, cant complain. The only other complaints I have are: not enough towels, pillows, and bad customer service. Specially the manager Pat. It seems that she chooses guests she wants to help. She seemed very rude to me, but seemed very friendly to the other guest who was after me. She even offered them free tickets to a magic show, which I found very rude, because I am a guest my self and was not treated the same way.

I asked if I can get an extra pillow, but was told I had to pick it up my self in the lobby. Strange. So when I did, I was told, they only had one extra pillow left. Also, when it was time to check out, I called the lobby because usually they leave the bill under the door, but was told that I had to pick it up myself, since she was by herself.

If parking underground, please always bring someone else with you. It can get pretty scary down there. (parking is $10).

Hotel was ok, staff not so much.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino? Share your experiences!