“Terrible Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn-Niagara Falls Lundy's Lane

Save Saved
You added Days Inn-Niagara Falls Lundy's Lane to your Saves list
Days Inn-Niagara Falls Lundy's Lane
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7280 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1W2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #60 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
London, Canada
“Terrible Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

We booked for 2 days in this hotel. First, the Internet was not working. We kept telling the front desk about the problem but never repaired it. I used to go to Starbucks each time I need to use the Internet which was frustrating.
The second thing that I did not like was you could hear each word from your neighbours. The rooms' walls do not isolate the sound. If your neighbours are staying until 3:00 am, then you have no choice to stay until they go to sleep.
Third there is no breakfast in this hotel. We tried their restaurant (Wimpy's) which is very bad like the hotel.
Fourth, the price is very expensive in comparison to the services that they provide

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dayslundys, General Manager at Days Inn-Niagara Falls Lundy's Lane, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We genuinely apologise for an unpleasant experience you had during your stay. We were able to fix the internet problem and create a platform that provides a strong connection with no outages possible. We hope this experience does not deter you to come back and stay with us again. Thank You

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
North Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011 via mobile

The biggest complaint was the lack of any hot water in the first room and the problem with scalding hot mixed with freezing cold showers in the second room. A service man tried to fix the problem, but told us that there was nothing he could do. We were sent to Nother room and that too did not have ANY hot water either. We were told that there weren't any rooms left bc they were booked. In the room where we all had to shower my niece was burned by the scalding water as was I . The rooms were obviously not cleaned during our three day stay. The only thing that was done were our beds.

• Stayed March 2011
Brampton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I have stayed at this Days Inn last summer and it was awesome. I don't know if its new owners, or management or what but the staff is horrible.Upoj check in there was hair in the shower, no towels, horrid stains on the toilet and the sheets were not changed! Housekeeping did not even service my room, and are RUDE!...This past summer when we stay it was packed and we still got service. Obviously the housekeepers are terrible, I even asked for my room to be done and the woman said yes and never came! They should definitely get new staff! How disappointing!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I planned a nice relaxing romantic trip and we were excited to find a hotel with such a great rate. When we checked in the front desk clerk was rude, we couldnt understand him and you could tell he was frustrated with my husband constanty asking him to repeat. Maybe they should have someone who speaks english deal with customers. Then we asked a cleaning lady for extra towles, she was old and very rude about it. I think it was her supervisor or something but a younger house keeper approached us and introuduced herself as Ashley when the older one left to get towels and apologized and brought towles way before the original person we asked. Ashley then came back with extra coffee soap and shampoo. The next morning she checked on us again. My husband left her a 10$ tip which I hope she got. She is the only one who made our stay somewhat berable. She even made kissing swans for us on our bed the next day! Thanks Ashley!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

There were obvious signs that the bedsheets were never changed when the previous guests left. After complaining to the front desk, we were given another room across the hall-way. This room had not been vacuumed at all. There were food crumbs strewn all over the carpet. The front desk was again informed about our second room. The next day, nothing was rectified by the hotel. Our short stay of two nights felt most uncomfortable due to the uncleanliness of the room. This was by far the worst Days Inn we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We went to the U.S. on black Friday to do some shopping but wanted to stay in Niagara Falls so we could shop more throughout the weekend. We didn't want to pay a lot so when we found the Days Inn at Lundy's Lane, we were sold. Amazing price for a quality hotel. When we booked, we figured we'd just get an average to low quality room, but we were wrong. The bed was incredibly comfortable, there was a flat screen tv, room was very clean, great staff and right down the street from the outlets. We were impressed. We would definitely stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Just got back from an overnight stay at the Days Inn on Lundy's Lane (7280 Lundy's Lane to be more specific, there's quite a few Days Inns in Niagara!)

Was there for the Niagara Falls International Marathon and I left looking for a place to stay until the last minute, so basically, I was just needing to find a place where we can crash! Found the BEST deal for Days Inn online and after a few clicks, we were booked!

Now I get a little nervous using online booking (even though I've never been given a reason not to) but I called to confirm the next day, and sure enough they had all our information! Can't complain!

Saturday we arrived and we knew that check-ins aren't usually done until after three so our plan was to do a bit of shopping at the outlet to pass the time :) We get ready to go check-in and I punch the address into the GPS and the voice pretty much told us to turn right and then she said "You have arrived." *LOL* Days Inn is literally over a bridge and right NEXT to the outlet. Short walk away which seems like a big bonus to me!

Check in was quick. We had printed off our hotel vouchers, but he had us all set and keys in hand within minutes for myself and my husband and for my friend. I did notice that there is only one elevator to the place, but it wasn't busy and with only five floors, it wouldn't have been such a bad thing to take the stairs either.

We were in the hotel part of the building (I noticed that there was inn, or motel kind of rooms attached to the building walking out into the parking lot) and we were in room 420.

I can't even think of anything negative to say at all! We walked in and the room was wonderful. I'm not a picky person to begin with so I didn't really scan the place with a magnifying glass. Washroom and vanity looked nice and neat and walking into the main room, the king bed and jacuzzi just looked really awesome! Small fireplace that my husband turned on and it heated the room just nicely and a flat screen TV that came in handy for some down time before bed after we got back from Clifton Hill.

Tried out the jacuzzi and it was just wonderful! The tub filled up nice and quick (we had an AWFUL jacuzzi tub for our wedding night at a different hotel that practically took until our wedding anniversary to fill up with water so this was a bonus). We'd brought our own bubble bath and the jets had everything nice and frothy and bubbly. It was just a nice bonus to have in the room and felt so good for tired, sore leg muscles! Had the TV going with Criminal Minds and some cold drinks and really, what can ANYONE complain about?!

The bed is on the firmer side which I tend to prefer so I had no complaints there. Sheets were clean and smooth and heaven to slip under and the pillows were soft and fluffy and I was off to dreamland in no time.

That was pretty much all the time that we spent in our room while we were there, but the time that we did spend was great. Couldn't even find anything negative to say! The hotel is newly renovated/redecorated? so everything looks nice and pretty, the lobby is nice and the pool is off to the right as soon as you walk in (which we did think was a bit offputting since anyone outside can pretty much see who's swimming, but hey, you want to swim in private? that's why they have big jacuzzi's in the room) and to the left is a small family game room with two tables and a bunch of board games you can use. Didn't have a chance to use it, but we're board game people so we thought that was really cool.

There's a new Wimpy's diner right next to the hotel which we didn't get to use either, but the menus are available at the hotel. The only thing our room cost didn't include was breakfast, but for the price we paid, I can't even complain about that, but it would have been nice to have that included as well (an added luxury, it doesn't take away from anything that it wasn't though).

Check-out was a breeze and we were off to the falls to run our race with no hotel worries.

Thanks everyone at the Days Inn!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn-Niagara Falls Lundy's Lane? Share your experiences!