Recently we booked this place for one night, we are two adults traveling with our 5 year old. We got a really good price on-line and decided to give it a try since it is a Howard Johnson establishment. Let me first outline that we are very well traveled people and we are not overly picky. The basic requirements we have in choosing a place to stay is cleanliness and a well kept property. This place does not even meet the bare requirements!
Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Check in was quick and that is the end of anything positive. Upon entry to the room we noted a noxious smell in the room. Even our 5 year old asked what was the bad smell. The only way I could describe the smell is rotting old vomit! The room itself was very dark, and with extremely stained filthy carpets. The room was also very cold, the date was October 13th not an overly cold day but a day that does require some heat in a room. We turned on the heating unit in the room and after 15 minutes noted that it barely blew luke warm air into the room and not warming it up at all. All in all this room was absolutey DISGUSTING. I would not stay in this room even if it was for free. I would rather sleep in our car! The only aspect of this room where it looked somewhat clean was the bathroom that had what looked like a new tub surround.
We ended up leaving the room and decided that there was no way that we would stay here, let alone stay here with our child. My husband went to the front desk to get a refund. We ended up getting our money back minus a $20 cancellation charge. We then proceeded to look for a room in a higher end hotel and we ended up at the Embassy Suites Hotel which was more expensive but well worth it to have a clean, warm and inviting room to stay in!
Honestly please do not stay here if you like clean rooms without noxious smells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests can enjoy comfortable guestrooms and convenient amenities such as an outdoor pool and free wireless internet at great low rates. We are just a short drive from a variety of attractions at the Howard Johnson Express Inn in Niagara Falls, Ontario. This motel is just minutes from Niagara Falls, Canada One Outlet Mall, Casino Niagara, Maid of the Mist boat tours as well as some of the area's best golf courses. Guests at the Howard Johnson will also enjoy a free continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson