Even though the rooms were nice the service from the staff was not. We were there with our two sons for our youngest hockey tournament. The whole team stayed so about 17 family's for two nights. Everyone went to the pool and the hotel uses so much chlorine that all the parents eyes were burning and we weren't even in the pool. All the kids eyes were turning red and we had to leave the pool area within 15 minutes. Several parents mentioned the chlorine levels but the hotel wasn't concerned. No swimming the second night. There was a second team on the floor below us and the hotel called the police on them and threatened us that if we didn't remove ourselves from the hallway of our floor they would send the police up to us too. Our team had the whole floor and the only way to talk to all the parents was in the hallway. The police thought it was a joke and left us alone telling us not against the law to talk and drink in the hallway. When we got home I found the hotel bill in one of the bags and noticed the parking charges. We knew they charged $9 a day for a vehicle however we had two and they billed us $20 a day for the second vehicle and didn't even advise us when we checked in. Plus anyone off the street can park for the day for $5 what a rip off as we are patrons of the hotel. I called regarding the charges and two days later I get a call back and the man calling didn't care that we weren't informed and even lied to me that my husband had asked and he was told of the extra fee. This was all BS. We will never stay at this hotel again and neither will any of the other family's from our team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Niagara Falls Howard Johnson Hotel By The Falls is a 3 Key-Green Certified family-oriented, pet-friendly, full-service hotel that offers you wonderful Niagara Falls Hotel Accommodations consisting of 198 newly renovated spacious guest rooms including Family Suites, Whirlpool Guest Rooms and Traditional 2-Queen Bedded Guest Rooms, as well as our Balcony Rooms overlooking all the action below along the Clifton Hill District. The hotel also offers plenty of on-site above ground and under ground self-parking for your convenience as well as an on-site WEGO Stop to let you get around town without having to move your car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel By The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson