“Better than an Inn but service not typical of most Marriott hotels” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5950 Victoria Ave, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3L7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Better than an Inn but service not typical of most Marriott hotels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked with this hotel for our 1st wedding anniversary. This was our second time at this hotel and probably our last. I chose to book here again because our first time here was great and because they had a good 2 night package. Upon check in we got a very new concierge. I can understand the learning curve associated with being a new employee but he was a little too laid back for lack of a better word? It didn't feel too professional but he did try to upgrade our room and needed help from management and when she came out she accused me of using a fraudulent card. Instead of trying to use the card again to see if there was an error on their part just making me feel like a fraudster was not appreciated. I had to insist to try it again and when she realized there was no issues with the card there was no apology just a surprising look like she was stunned I wasn't a fraudster. Aside from that, the rooms are clean, modern and spacious and the breakfast buffet offered by the hotel is great. If customer service is important to you, this place does not hire consistent staff. Some of the front desk staff are wonderful but some not so much so it really depends on the day. Location wise this place is about a 10 min walk to the falls and about a 5 minute walk to the Clifton Hill strip.

• Stayed May 2013

1,026 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Toronto, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked the "Presidential Suite" for a family night away. The Presidential Suite has a seperate bedroom, then another pull out couch in a seperate family room - perfect for us as we have a 6 year old and a 3 month old baby. We arrived to check in at 2:55pm. The girl at the desk - in training - told us that our room may not be ready yet because check in is not until 3:00pm... We were 5 minutes early!!! Anyway I gave her our last name and she checked the room status - it hadn't even been cleaned yet. She told us we'd have to wait at least another 45 minutes. I explained that we had been in the car for 4 hours and had a 3 month old in the car too!! She said there was nothing she could do - they only have 1 Presidential Suite. I went back to the car and explained everything to my husband who then also went in to speak to her. Both of us asked for the Manager but he never came to speak to us. We stood in the lobby for an hour and waited for our room to be ready..... The best they did for us was comped our parking - $11. The room itself was fine. I'll admit that we have stayed in some great, beautiful rooms in our travels but this was not one of them. It was clean, but dated. dated bathroom, shower and old jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room. Went to connect to wi-fi and couldn't find a network so i called down to the front desk - the signal is not strong enough to reach the rooms, so there is only wifi in the lobby.... UGH. As a Marriott Rewards member this was by FAR the WORST Marriott we've ever stayed in. definitely not up to Marriott standards in terms of service. Will never stay here again.

washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My relatives and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Niagara Falls this past weekend (May 10th and 11th). We reserved two rooms. Overall this is a nice hotel - no real view of the falls, though we got a tiny glimpse of the American Falls from our window...The rooms were clean, and a good size, and were comfortable. The location was great - a 15 min walk to the horshoe falls and close to Clifton Hill and the touristy stuff.

Unfortunately, however, wifi was totally out during our entire two day stay with only access at the lounge downstairs (we had to get a pin code from the front desk that was unique per computer). The staff wasn't really apologetic and there seemed to be no updates or information as to when wifi would be up again. I find this totally unacceptable at a large chain hotel with a solid reputation; this kind of technical issue shold be resolved in a couple of hours at most and if not, the guests should be offered some kind of amenity or voucher etc.

Another issue? When my dad (who couldn't make the trip) called our room, it took the front desk about 10 minutes to transfer him over. He was on hold for the entire time. Also, not acceptable. Although when my dad pointed this out, the staff did apologize.

Would I stay here again? Probably, because our rates were very good (AAA rate of $90 for one night and $135 the next) and the rooms were confortable, and the location was great. But I'd call first to make sure the wifi was functional.

Marion, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night in May. The front desk staff were very helpful and allowed us to check in early. We had a large room with a view of the Skylon tower and a fireplace. We had a very nice buffett breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday. The best thing about this hotel is you can walk everywhere from here. We never used our car until after we checked out. I would definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Recently had a wonderful time at Courtyard by Mariott Niagara Falls via Travel Zoo. Checked in on a Monday in May and they upgraded us to a lovely room with zaqcuzzi and fireplace. with the Travel Zoo package we got the room ($119.00 value) $40.00 voucher for the Keg on the property, $25.00 Petro Canada card and a wine tasting on NIagara on the Lake which was actually pretty awesome. We also got a wonderful buffet breakfast with this deal. The room was awesome. the only down thing was the walk to the falls. Not bad on the way there but walking up Clifton Hill on the way back was a challenge! But all in all it was a great deal !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel - it seems the hotel has been recently renovated. The front lobby is modern, clean, very nice! Extremely friendly front desk staff. Helpful, always said "hello" when we passed through the lobby. Our room was on the 7th floor - recently renovated, very spacious. Our room was clean, bed was very comfortable. Nice white bedding. It seemed like there were a lot of people staying in the hotel, but it was very quiet in our room - no hallway noise or neighboring room noise. We were about a 5 minute walk from Clifton Hill and a 10 minute walk to the falls from our hotel. Very nice location. The Keg is attached to this hotel and we had a wonderful, tasty breakfast there the morning we left. $15/pp and it was well worth it. We felt very safe walking in this area in late evening after viewing the lit-up falls. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Geneva, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I recently booked a one night get-away at this hotel. We booked a special that included the room, a gas card, a buffet breakfast, a voucher for a restaurant and a wine tasting. The hotel advertised free wi-fi as well. When we arrived we were told that the breakfast was not available due to the kitchen being renovated. They promised to reimburse us for our breakfast cost. The breakfast of one omelette, toast coffee and juice at Denny's across the street cost us $26 each! When we presented the receipt they only would honor $30. I would have much rather eaten at their buffet. The wi-fi was almost non-existent. I overheard another guest complaining about it also. The only saving feature of this get-away was a nice room with a comfortable bed. The staff was kind, but not really helpful. The manager was on a break when I requested to talk with her. I have called and left a message, leaving my phone number, but have not received a return call after a week. The gas card and the wine tasting voucher have not been used yet. We were told they would be valid for one year. I'm not hopeful based on this experience.
I WOULD NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. They do not deliver on their advertised promises. Courtyard Marriott in Niagara Falls, Ontario, you have lost my trust and my business. We have booked many of these get-away weekends with Hilton and Embassy Suites and have never been disappointed before. From now on, they will get my money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bev N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on Monday regarding your experience at our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies again for the problems you encountered with our internet connectivity and Breakfast renovations.

We are in the process of upgrading our internet service to better serve the needs of our clientele.

We hope that you will reconsider visiting our hotel again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!