“Will be back!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Des Moines
“Will be back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was our first time visiting the Falls as well as our first time staying in a B&B. We were so LUCKY to find Ambiance!

We stayed in the yellow room, which had it's own full bath. It was very reasonable for the room and all it included (free parking and breakfast!). Scott is an amazing host who cooks a breakfast better than you'd find at most of Niagra's restaurants so make sure you wake up for it!! He's around to answer questions and give local recommendations and you can tell he loves what he does.

It's very clean and within walking distance of pretty much anything on Niagra's bus route. You could even hear the Falls from our room! We also booked a wine tour that I found online/Scott recommended and they picked us up right from the B&B.

Great place, we will most certainly be back and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
It was a pleasure that we were able to have you as guests for your first trip to Niagara Falls and also your first Bed and Breakfast stay. Thank you for the lovely comments and i am pleased to hear you enjoyed your few days at the B&B and in the Niagara region. The wine tours are also indeed an enjoyable experience. Glad you were able to enjoy that. The exciting part about owning and operating a B&B is the wonderful people we meet who arrive as guests and leave as friends! Thank you again and we look forward to having you return.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York, N.Y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Ambiance for one night on New Year's Eve in the yellow room.
The house itself is beautifully decorated - comfortable and classy. And the temperature in the house was perfect, neither too hot or too cool. Great bed also.
Scott is so warm and welcoming. He was flexible on arrival and departure times. He offered helpful information on dining, things to do and walking around. When he saw we were enjoying some wine in paper cups, he replaced them with nice wine glasses. And he even loaned his personal computer when we needed to conduct some business.
"Chef Scott's" breakfast really was excellent - particularly all the fresh fruit, yogurt and granola.
After doing tons of research on other listings, we think we got the absolute best value in Niagara Falls in terms of location and hospitality. It's just a short walk down the hill to the path to the falls, or up the hill to the main drag with other attractions. We didn't use our car during our short visit, even with the cold.
My only wish is that the bathroom was separated from the room we stayed in. Even so, I enjoyed soaking in the tub after a long day on the road, while watching the TV.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the B&B on New Years Eve and were able to relax here and then take in the New Years celebrations by the Falls.
As far as the bathroom, the Yellow room is unique with the bathtub/ shower section in the bedroom area. Of course the toilet facility is still private ensuite. However, glad to hear you were able to enjoy the bathtub, while watching the t.v.
Hopefully, you will be able to visit us again in the non-winter season and bring your bicycles, as we discussed (or rent them locally) and enjoy the many nearby scenic bicycle trails and other wonderful sights in the Niagara area.
Thank you for taking time to write a review on you experience here for others. It was a pleasure to meet and chat with you both and look forward to welcoming you again.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We travelled from Boston having been around the world;New Zealand, America & Canada. The guest house was easy to find, and although we turned up late, Scott the host was very welcoming & accommodating. The rooms were very clean and traditionally furnished in a tasteful comfortable style & the facilities were just what we required after a tiring trip- ensuite ect. The hosts were very friendly and gave brilliant advice on places to visit....The breakfast the next day was wholesome and healthy, there was plenty of choices beginning with fruits, yogurts, muesli, home baked muffins, toast and cooked eggs and sausages. We were treated like 'special' guests and made to feel very welcome.I would recommend this guest house to anyone. we had two rooms- two young adults with parents. The house would not be suitable to very young children but would be first choice for anyone else!!! Great value for money and on return to England, I had to share this wonderful experience with everyone else!!!

Room Tip: The blue room was great, clean, tidy, ensuite, plenty of towels, Tv , large double bed, quiet &...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
It was a pleasure to welcome you and your other family members to the B&B and to Niagara Falls near the end of your long travels.
Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking the time to write a review and allow other travelers some insights of Ambiance by the Falls B&B.
It certainly brings us a genuine satisfaction that you felt "at home", while being away from home.
We have enjoyed hosting many wonderful guests such as yourselves from the United Kingdom and hope you will one day be back to this region of Canada and stay with us again to explore more of the Niagara Falls area.
All the best from my wife Diane and I for a Happy New Year.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I went there for one night stay on 1st Dec 2012. One thing I never forget, the most warm welcome by Scoot & his wife, Diane! He was really a nice person & good host. He tried his best to make your stay enjoyable. I stayed in one of the room called yellow room. The room was clean, simple & so beautiful. It makes you feel at home! On the next day he prepared a really good breakfast for me. Whenever you're in need of help, he willing to helps you as much as he can. On the day I arrived, I need a ride to the bus station as I planned to visit Toronto. He's so kind that he helped me to check the bus schedule & sent me over there. He lend me his umbrella, help me with print out the boarding ticket. I really appreciated & enjoy my stay there! So if you have plan to visit Niagara Fall, this is the best place to stay! I highly recommends Ambiance by the Falls! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Scott G, Manager at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, as i know there are many choices in the area . It was my pleasure to assist you. It is heartwarming to hear that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay here and that we were able to be part of your first experience in Niagara Falls.
As well,thank you for posting the lovely pictures of the home for other travelers to view and also for taking time to write a review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The beds and pillows are very good, breakfast is delicious and plentiful, Scott makes you feel welcome and is full of information and tips. I was in the yellow room, which was quiet except for the relaxing sound of the falls and river. We were within walking distance to the WEGO bus lines (get that pass!), but we also were so close to the Falls that we walked all over the area. The house has a personality and welcoming atmosphere, nicely decorated. I love meeting fellow travelers each morning, something you cannot do in a large hotel. I felt perfectly safe walking back from the Falls after dark. Excellent choice! Thank you, Scott (Diane was away when we were there).

Stayed September 2012
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you Diane for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure to host yourself and your friends from Germany while visiting Niagara Falls. It is nice to hear you enjoyed not just the Falls but also your experience here at the B&B. That is very important to us! My wife and I have worked hard since purchasing the B&B in May of 2011 to bring a warmth and welcoming feel to the B&B, so we are pleased you felt that type of "ambiance" in the home.
Hopefully, we will be able welcome you back again in the near future.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This was my 2nd B&B experience here. I stayed here about one year ago and had to come back for a few more days to enjoy the Niagara region while visiting southern Ontario. I enjoyed my stay here last year and was not disappointed this time either.
The B&B has made some nice decor changes from even one year ago and it was still nice then! The Yellow room which I stayed in this trip was very nicely decorated.
Scott and Diane were also able to provide great info on some other nearby things a shorter drive away to see and visit besides the Falls. Niagara-on-the-Lake was a wonderful scenic afternoon trip as well as the Welland Canal. Also enjoyed sitting out on the backyard deck with some wine in the evening. Scott cheerfully provided a wine glass and opener.
The breakfast was again very good and filling. Enjoyed the conversations with Scott and other guests at breakfast!
This experience was exactly what I was looking for! You are wonderful hosts and guides. Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2012
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thanks for again choosing to spend some time at our B&B while visiting family in Southern Ontario. It's good to know you had enjoyed your stay here previously and came back. Nice that you were able to spend some time to just "relax".
Yes, we have been making quite a few decorative/ furnishing changes to the B&B since purchasing it in spring of 2011. Glad you have noticed and liked the improvements! For us, as another guest had told us, the B&B is "kind of like a gemstone; keep polishing it and it then becomes a jewel"!
Hopefully you will return again in the future from Western Canada, for a getaway, when visiting family in southern Ontario!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Scott's hospitality was 2nd to none, very informative and helpful. Very welcoming and an amazing breakfast.

Great location and close enough to everything. Nice experience to stay in a local home and not a trashy unit on the falls.

Scott went out of his way to help us, even booking our return taxi to Buffalo airport and getting a good price for us.

We were the the youngest there, but the other guests were super friendly and we enjoyed breakfast together.

I also liked that they were eco friendly.

Book here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
It has been our pleasure to welcome guests from all around the world.Enjoyed having you here while on your trip from Australia and it's nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Niagara Falls!

Been to Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!