“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview

You added Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6455 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3V9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Bethlehem, PA
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this hotel, but started getting cold feet the more negative reviews I read recently about this hotel. I was so nervous, that I almost booked somewhere else. I was pleasantly surprised that everything about this hotel is lovely. Upon check-in (no line at 3 PM), I saw a sign that the pool was closed for maintenance. I asked if it would be open the next day, as my kids were excited to swim. She said, yes, and also that we are allowed to use the Hilton's pool (which is attached to the Sheraton). This was amazing, as the Hilton pool has a huge waterslide. My kids were in heaven. The room was a good size, modern, clean, and the beds were fluffy and comfortable. It was a city view room, which was not a problem for us, as there are plenty of places to view the falls when we are not in the room. The bathroom was clean, white, and very modern. We worked out while watching our kids swim, and the workout facility was great. There were towels rolled up at every treadmill and elliptical, and disposable headsets to use at the machines to watch TV as you work out. In general, the prices at restaurants in Niagara Falls are outrageous. I was surprised, as touristy places in Philadelphia aren't remotely as high as they are in Niagara. This is not the hotel's fault. If you're creative, and do the research, you can figure out how not to spend $80 on breakfast for 4 in Niagara Falls.

Room Tip: Room 922 was fantastic, in the corner, and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Maedls,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review and more importantly thank you so much for giving our hotel a chance after reading some negative reviews.
We truly strive to deliver an exceptional experience to each and every guest, we are aware that problems can occur and when this happens we work to correct the issue so that everyone leaves our hotel happy.
Again, thank you for choosing our hotel.
Dana Albano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and had a good experience. However, this time my recent stay forced me to change my views about the service of this hotel.
Although situated very close to the falls and having excellent view from some of the rooms, I am forced to give terrible marks this time is due to the low service standards of the hotel and the fake promises. I called the hotel when I was on the way from buffalo and I was informed that I am getting a falls view room as been upgraded to higher category being a gold member with Starwood. I arrived at the hotel late and it was all dark. I a stored and just slept once I was in the room. In the morning when I got up, I was astonished to see that it was just a regular room with a city view. I asked from the front desk and the staff was not very happy to discuss anything about this. They just told me that the rate I have booked, I am not able to get the other room. If this is the case, why they have to promise just about half an before the arrival.
Total fake promises. Not trust worthy staff at all. Never believe their words what they say as they just want you to pay more money when you are at. The hotel on the last minute. You can not even cancel the booking at the last minute because it has passed the dead line already.
Another worst thing that they sent me the invoice on the last day with a higher price that what is mentioned on the booking confirmation. They try their level best from every channel to get the money out of their customers pocket. You really need to be careful while checking out. They promote quick check out and let you sign before only and late hen you leave the hotel just on trust basis that they will charge the correct amount so agreed, you will get a surprise on a later stage when you get the statement. What happens later on, a fight either with the hotel or with your bank.
This is unbelievable that Starwood hotels a acting like this. Looks like they are using the standards of a low class guest house.
Another blow, they have not even posted any Starwood points to my account whereas the rates I paid were eligible to get the points.
I think it is better to pay a little extra but go to another hotel as this hotel does not deserve any loyalty from the customers. Will be sending a copy of this report to the head office of Starwood hotels also so they can look into this seriously as if this kind of hotels are a part of Starwood, it is going to be very difficult to trust any other hotel in this group.

Room Tip: Not recommended to stay at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear David N,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am shocked to read the negative points you have listed in your review. Our staff tries their best to accommodate complimentary upgrades for our SPG guests. When we are busy we are not able to honour these requests, as the rooms have been reserved by other guests. I apologize if someone told you in advance that you would be receiving a complimentary upgrade, I would like to know who that would have been. The front desk staff and the hotel operator are aware that we cannot make those promises to any guest. Please be assured, our front end staff work extremely hard to ensure that every guest leaves our hotel 100% satisfied with the service we provided to them.
My apologies if your Starwood points were not posted to your account, the points automatically post if the reservation was not booked through a third party. Please contact the hotel and ask for Laura, our SPG champion, she can check your stay and ensure that you get the points you are entitled to.
Again, my apologies that our hotel did not meet your expectations.

Dana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Booked the JR presidential suite for $199/night...... Complete waste of money. You don't get much more than a regular/standard hotel room Not worth the cost. Everything about this hotel is to rip-off their guests anyway they can. $25 per night to park your car on their property! $50 for a $12 bottle of wine! Intentionally have the fewest cable channels possible with absolutely nothing on to force you to order one of their movies for $18 each! A standard breakfast with 2 eggs, bacon and toast $18.95? Never again! They take complete advantage of their guests. Pure greed! And the staff aren't the friendliest bunch.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Olyvur,
Thank you for taking the time to express your disappointment with your stay. We value all of our guest’s feedback, as we use all this information to improve on in the future. We never want our guests to feel like we rip them off, we work with every guest to ensure they leave our hotel happy with the service and accommodations they have just paid for. My apologies that we were not able to meet your expectations. Never hesitate to contact the front desk, they can work with you and find you a more suitable room.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

First stay here and I would definitely go back, above average sized rooms, good location, indoor walk way to Fallsview Casino, reasonably priced, especially for Niagara Falls which tends to be pricey.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steve P,
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. It’s always great to hear back from our guests who have enjoyed their time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warmest Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here on the 9th of March, got to the hotel at normal check in time, not thinking id have to stand in a line for over an hour and a half to check in.it was ridiculous. especially after driving a few hours. the staff were very friendly when i finally reached them. my room was nice, bed was comfy. Parking is 15$ but you can park at casino for free. the check in would have to be my only major complaint.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear AAM17,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you had to wait in line for so long. I am happy to hear that your stay was not ruined by the wait and that our front desk provided you with exceptional service.
I hope you will choose our hotel again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

They have a major problem with check in's here we waited over an hour. They need to come up with a better system maybe an online check in option and have a dedicated line. The front desk staff is constantly going to the back room to grab coupons and try to figure out what deal you have, I can't understand why these things are not completed before hand, absolutely no method to their madness. When checking in I had two different deals and I was advised that I would have to check back in again the following day to receive my vouchers and reset my key card even though we were in the same room. This wass absolutely ridiculous so I went down the next day to a huge line up and I just went right up to the front desk guy at the counter and told him that I already checked in the previous day and just needed my key cards reset and vouchers, he rudely motioned to the line, I told him to forget it that I wasn't lining up again and that I had already spent and hour in line yesterday. So he decided serve me, good move rather than having me making a scene and calling over the manager. When I advise him that their system was archaic and chaotic he replied well why don't you come up with something better. First of all I don't need a rude reply, you are in the hospitality industry act like it. Second of all I don't work there. Thirdly really no one can come up with a better system that is paid to do so it's such an obvious problem with many solutions I travel frequently so what are other places doing better. If you decide to stay here PARK ACROSS THE STREET AT THE CASINO if you are a PLAYERS CLUB ADVANTAGE CLUB MEMBER it's free if you gamble a bit, I have never paid, if you are not a member it's free go apply at the casino. Adios amigos!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Senior_V,
I sincerely apologize for the amount of time you had to wait to check-in. We do have all of our packages pre-made, but at times people show up without a reservation and the front desk has to make the packages on the spot.
I understand your frustration with having to check-out and back in again, this occurs when two separate reservations are made. I apologize we cannot change this.
Please be assured we are working on ways to reduce the amount of time it takes to check-in. We will be installing three new computers to add extra staff and we have added a lobby ambassador to help manage the line. In the next couple of months we will be updating our computers so that the computer itself is faster, our check-in system is internet based and can slow down the process.
I sincerely apologize for the staff member that was rude to you, we do not accept that type of behaviour from any of our staff.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I hope you will visit us again in the future, once we have implemented our new strategies.
Regards,
Dana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Late and in a middle of a Blizzard, I had to stop on my way home from flying into Buffalo. The roads were too treacherous for my family. I was greeted by a very attentive and welcoming front desk staff with a very quick check in process. Room was perfect for 3 very tired people. Room was freezing, but I adjusted the heat and within minutes the room was warm. Overall very reasonable rate and parking was free. The hotel itself was perfect. Now the bad news. There is an IHOP in the hotel and we made the mistake to have breakfast here. $76.00 for 3 people for a simple breakfast. Come on!, even the waitress had to warm me of the cost when I ordered an extra order of TOAST!.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Beachfinder66,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family during that nasty storm and more pleased to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations!
We hope you will be able to visit our hotel again in the future, hopefully when we are experiencing warmer temperatures.
Dana Albano

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview? Share your experiences!