“Great hotel but don't expect anything with vouchers and taxes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6455 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3V9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 138 hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto
“Great hotel but don't expect anything with vouchers and taxes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Nice room, large sink, expensive faucets, older building but well kept. Best voucher was The Keg Steakhouse, prices same across Canada, view right over the falls.
READ small print for Travelzoo special. Firstly:

We were told the hotel tax would be $27.32. When I got the invoice it
called the tax a "room charge package" and then charged HST on top of this
tax of $4.59. You cannot charge tax on top of tax.

Secondly:

The $60 voucher for Ruth Chris Steak House really isn't very representative
of a valuable discount as This Ruth Chris Steak House advised they were a
franchise and didn't have to acknowledge any of Ruth Chris web site prices.
We found the prices much higher than other locations.

Same applies to the $10 voucher for IHOP discount as their prices were 50% higher than those I have previously encounter. (i.e. an omelette for $17.00, you'd be looking at $40 for
breakfast for 2)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1,282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Indonesian first
Middleboro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had an eight hour drive. Beautiful country settings, we had a wonderful ride! We arrived at the Four Points Sheraton at 6pm. Check in is officially at 4 pm. We were greeted by a pushy and rude car wrangler....he called himself. Made my husband stay with the car, and made me go in and sign us in. I don't appreciate someone in my face at the beginning of my vacation adventure! My poor husband who drove without a problem, happy to finally arrive!! Instead my husband is totally stressed out from the hotels "car wranglers". By the way...my hubby has a heart condition!The women at the front desk were knowledgeable, I can't say pleasant either. Me as an American felt like I should never have crossed the boarder. My happy vacation smile was taken away by these cruel people. WHY?? I am here in your country to spend my hard earned money?? Enough of that! Our room was really nice, nice big king bed, nice bedding, very comfortable. We got the Fallsview Room, we could see the falls, but not as good as I expected. We Did Enjoy our time at the Skylon Tower....Amazing views of both the American and Canadian Falls!! With a Revolving Dinner while you enjoy the Views.This is a MUST DO!! We also did the Journey Behind the Falls....that was an up close and personal with the Falls. You do get wet, even though you have a poncho to wear. But its FUN!!

Room Tip: FallsView Room floors 14-18, has a view, but better if you stayed at the Casino hotel across the str...
Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
fourptsmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Donnaa855,

I sincerely apologize for every staff member that you encountered who did not interact with you in a professional way. There is no excuse for their lack of professionalism and I am embarrassed to hear about their attitude. Please be assured that your experience is the exception, and not the norm. We take pride in knowing that every day we are providing all of our guests with quality accommodations and service.

I hope the next trip you make to Canada will start off in a more positive direction.

Kind Regards,

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went with some travelzoo vouchers and it was big mistake. It wasn't specified that the food/vouchers could not be combined and when the gave me the actual vouchers it was one per use. The hotel offered little to no help on when I expressed this, simply advising me to take it up with the 3rd party. I had booked a king whirlpool city room and was put into a room with no whirlpool. When I called to let them know, I was told that I was wrong and that I had the right room. Sure enough I had paid an extra $10 on each voucher for the whirlpool room that hotel redeemed for me and refused to provide me with. Now every food voucher that I was provided for the hotel that I could actually redeem seemed to only cover the ridiculous mark ups that these restaurants already had included in their prices.....not to mention that these restaurants were the only ones to charge me the tourism tax. This hotel made absolutely no attempt at making my stay with them enjoyable or give me what I paid for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trinidad_duane,

I am very sorry you felt we were not able to provide you with quality customer service in dealing with this inconvenience. Your feedback is very important to us and all of our staff works very hard to ensure that all of our guests have a wonderful stay. I regret that you did not feel this to be the case.

I apologize that you were not informed beforehand that the dining vouchers could not be combined. The front desk agents have no authority over the restaurants and therefore could not force them to accept more than one voucher at a time.

Thank you for your review and again our apologies for any upset this trip may have caused you.

Regards,

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Many thanks to Jason on the front desk. We had accidentally booked on the American side and there we were at the end of a long day, standing in the lobby of the Canadian Sheraton. Jason took the problem in hand and in no time we were checked-in and in our room. Close to the casino (boy I wish there was an elevator or escalator on the way back to the hotel from the casino). Love having a Starbucks on premise but wish there were microwaves and refrigerators in the room. Other than that, an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get a room with a view on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelingGrammy2011,

I am happy to hear that in the end everything worked out perfectly for you! What a stressful situation to be in, and what a relief for you that the front desk agent was able to find a room for your party. Thank you for taking the time to write a review highlighting our amazing staff member!

Warmest Regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

In the day that I arrived it was extremely busy. But the front desk staff were very efficient. We had our room upgraded for free which was really nice. The hotel room was very clean and spacious. It was also in walking distance to the Skylon Tower where we had our dinner reservations. The only downside to this hotel I that you had to pay $15 + tax to park ACROSS the street. Not nice when it's cold and rainy :-(

• Stayed September 2013
Dear TriniSultress,

Thank you for taking the time to share you wonderful experience with us. We truly appreciate hearing back from our guest’s when they enjoyed themselves.

Please think about staying with us again when you are in the area.

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

after a drive to Manhattan and Washington D.C. we all ended up a one night stay at this hotel.
You'll have to drive around to find the entrance to the lobby not at Niagara Falls Blvd. We were assigned rooms that were really beautiful. The complimentary coffee bad is cute. The only negative is that there was no fridge. We had some leftover food which we just left at the table.
Overall, the location is right with IHOP and Ruth's Steak House just below it.

Room Tip: Don't patronize the 6.99 all you can eat breakfast you see right across the hotel. The name of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here last weekend for a cycling event. The desk folks were helpful and accommodated my late checkout request.

The young ladies working at the in house Starbucks didn't seem to want to serve any customers, actually didn't seem to really want to be there.

The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. The room we had was a little weird because the tub and sink were exposed but the shower and toilet was enclosed in a small closet.

Lastly at 2am some idiot in an adjacent room started screaming. I guess that's what you'd expect in Niagara falls for the $109 dollars I paid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview? Share your experiences!