“City View = view of generator and roof :(” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6455 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3V9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 138 hotels in Niagara Falls
Ontario
“City View = view of generator and roof :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The room was fine, neither amazing nor dirty and disgusting. Since we ended up doing about 25 hours of walking in 3 days, the jacuzzi tub was amazing. I hate rooms that have the sink separate from the toilet/shower. After I shower, I have to touch the door handle which means I have to wash my hands again. Weird set up. The bed was too soft and didn't provide any kind of support for my back. The decor was slightly dingy. The room also had no mini fridge so no where to stash stuff :(. If City view means looking at a generator and an asphalt roof then they must have a different meaning for view. Go if you want average rooms. Skip it if you want something better than average for the price (views, service, rooms, etc.) Peeve 1: $15/day for parking... are you kidding me?? Peeve 2: On Fallsview but the actual front of the hotel (i.e.) parking is on the other side... confusing on a busy street.

Room Tip: Don't pick a city view... see review above
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
fourptsmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear AverageLooksGood,

I am very upset to hear what you thought of our hotel, all of our staff works extremely hard to ensure that every guests experience is a memorable one – in a positive way. I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations.

I hope you would give the Four Points by Sheraton another chance to ‘wow’ you.

Warmest Regards,

1,351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. We choose a city view with a Jacuzzi tub and got a corner room on the second floor (room 219) and it was really spacious. Check in was fast and easy. The room was very clean. The bed was really comfy and huge, my husband misses it. The jacuzzi was really nice you should definitely opt for this feature. The walk in shower was kind of small, it was hard to shower in. I wish there were black out curtains, it was kind of bright from outside at night. The East Side Mario's in the hotel wasn't the greatest, it was really slow service and it wasn't even that busy. The food was pretty good though. The iHop there is really nice, food was a bit expensive but well worth it. Our server was really awesome, he made the experience that much better. Overall a really nice stay, would recommend. It's really close to everything and there are two WeGo stops just outside the front doors.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are really big compared to the other rooms (I looked at the fire escape plan)
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I and my family stayed here for 2 nights in April this year, There was a big line for check in took 30 min to get to the front desk. We book the falls view room couple of months earlier, but they said all the falls view rooms are gone and nothing available in falls view wing. I showed them the fallsview confirmation which I booked coupel of months earlier. They offered us another room in city view and I was very upset and talked to the Manager who ultimately arranges a room at falsview. Not a great experience. Room was Good but the fallsview was not great in our room. we see the mist and roof parking lot of the front hotel. If you want a falls view try another hotel. There some other options available.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bashih,

Let me start by apologizing for the confusion and lack of professionalism you experienced during your stay, specifically during the check-in process. I am pleased you did receive what you were entitled but unfortunately it was a hassle in getting to that point. I assure you the situation you experienced was an isolated incident and your next stay here will go much smoother.

We look forward to hosting you again,

Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We took a Travel Zoo and did a midweek overnight, September 2013.

The Good first...
- Our room, (804), was newly refinished and was super clean. It had new furniture and fittings, and had a new and very comfortable mattress with soft, clean sheets.
- Our bathroom was new, super clean and very well lit.
- Our free wireless internet was more than adequate
- Lots of outlets in the room to charge devices, including an iPhone compatible alarm clock.

The Bad...
- Check in was slow and noisy, and for no good reason besides cheaping out on staff. Every time we were in the lobby, there was always a line up to check in or out, we were almost 15 minutes checking in and we are SPG.
- Parking is $25 a day and a rip off, plain and simple.
- Although we didn't use the room phone, the charges are insane, embarrassingly so...
- The onsite East Side Mario's, IHOP, Starbuck's and the Ruth's Chris charge at least 1/3 more than the same items at other locations for the exact same thing!! Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else, don't get screwed over...

We might come back, but there are a hundred other options in the city...

Room Tip: ask for an 8TH FLOOR room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear MikeBenninger,

I am disappointed to hear that you don’t think that you would return to our hotel. We are in the process of brainstorming ideas to shorten the wait at check-in. We are always fully staffed at peak check-in times but something is still slowing us down. I apologize for the wait you had to endure.

I hope that you received impeccable customer service that would entice you to return!

Please do not let these issues keep you away from our hotel; we are always working to improve your experience. Please give us another shot.

Kind Regards,

Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Room is ok but not great. Paid for a falls view and there is a small slit of falls between the trees and you can see the mist and the river. Not worth the extra charge. Tried to talk with guest services but they did not answer the phone when I called x2. If you want a falls view try another hotel or find out speciffically what you are buying before you commit.

Room Tip: I am on the 12h floor and the falls view is completely obstructed by trees.
Dear Muscleenergyman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable time while you were our guest. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future so we may provide you with a quality stay that you expect and deserve.

Warmest Regards,

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in August as a late wedding anniversary celebration. After reading some mixed reviews about this hotel, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. We barely had any complaints! Our stay was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We booked early via Expedia.ca and we got a king jacuzzi room, which we were quite excited about. Some of the tips I read on this website from other travelers advised me to request a room away from the elevators, on a higher floor and in the new tower, so I made sure to call the front desk about a week in advance to put these requests on file. When we arrived, the check-in line was long and we had to wait about 25 mins to check-in, but this wasn't surprising given the summer vacations crowds. The woman at the front desk was very friendly, and when I mentioned our room requests, she said they had already noted them down and set aside a room for us one week in advance! This was a very pleasant surprise, and therefore I highly recommend everyone to do this.

When we got to our room, we were delighted. Nice size, perfect bed, and almost spotless. The view from the room was great, we had signed up for a city view room but since we were given a room on the 10th floor, we could see the mist rising above the falls and it was a wonderful sight. The jacuzzi tub was pretty clean but had a little rust on the drain, which was unfortunate. Apart from that, everything was great. We really enjoyed the jacuzzi, we experienced no noise or disturbances during our 2 night stay, and we slept very comfortably. The glass walkway to the casino was really useful, especially if you want to grab your coffee from Tim Hortons which is in the food court of the casino, and we also appreciated the fact that the hotel connects directly to the Hilton next door, which was so useful when we wanted to go for the breakfast buffet. The location of the hotel was ideal, close to a lot of restaurants and walking distance to Clifton Hill and the Falls themselves. I will say though that the hotel's layout could be improved upon, it was rather confusing at times, despite the numerous sign boards.

Overall, we had a great trip, very relaxing and peaceful. I'm already planning our next trip back, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Request a room in the new tower, where the rooms are newer and larger. Also request a room on a high...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sggahq,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us and other readers. It is great to hear that you had a great ‘late wedding anniversary weekend’! Our staff truly tries hard to accommodate every guest request and ensure that every guest has an amazing stay. I am thrilled that you took notice of the little things the front desk agents did to ensure you had a great time.

I hope you will choose our hotel again in the future!

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My friends and I were participating in an event in Niagara Falls and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in mid-August.
We made the reservation over the phone several days in advance. When we arrived to check in around 11:30 pm the front desk informed us that they gave up our room as they couldn't charge the credit card that was provided over the phone to keep the reservation. Wouldn't you think that someone should have contacted the person and clarified the credit card info or least informed us that the reservation is lost? No, not the case! The cardholder contacted his credit card and was told that there was no attempt to apply any charges from the hotel. Clearly, the Sheraton employee who was taking the reservation had not written the credit card number correctly. It took us over 40 minutes (it was well past the midnight at this point) to get the room. We were told since no more 2-Queen Bed rooms are available we would get a room with ONE King Bed (Whirlpool, Cityview) plus a pull-out sofa, the complimentary parking and a room fridge for the entire stay. We also were given discount coupons for IHOP. We could get a room with 2 beds for the following night.
The "cityview" provided us with a "lovely" view of the concrete roof of some nearby structure. I guess at this point it didn't matter as it was close to 1:00 am and we were ready to sleep. The room didn't have a Whirpool and we din't get the fridge. We phoned the front desk and were told that they didn't have any fridges left and to try again tomorrow. My friend and I have food allergies and brought with us some perishable food items that needed to be refrigerated. We covered food in ice since that was the only way to keep it from spoiling. The pull-out bed was uncomfortable to sleep on.

The following morning we went to the reception again as we had to switch to the room with 2 beds. Again, it took over 30 minutes just to confirm that we in fact do have a reservation. We asked if at least today we can get the complimentary fridge as was promised to us. We were told there is only 1 fridge left and if we want it we have to pay $20 extra for it. There was no record in the system about the fridge from last night! We were frustrated and asked to speak to the Manager (waited for him for another 30 min or so!). The person at the front desk was doing her best to help us but she wasn't authorized to waive this extra fee. As we were running late to the event, we just gave up waiting for the Manager and agreed to the charge (thankfully, it was waived at the check out).

After we checked out my friend realized that she didn't have her sandals. They weren't at the hotel's lost-and-found; my friend went with a staff member to both rooms to look for them. The sandals (expensive designer brand) weren't found.

We often stay at Starwood properties at different locations (including Sheraton) and it's always a pleasant stay. This is the first time we had so many issues so I highly doubt we'd return to this specific hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear NadyaK416,

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

In the meantime, please allow me to address a couple of your concerns. I sincerely apologize for the error done by reservations. The front desk runs credit cards when the night comes to an end, all reservations with invalid credit cards are cancelled. I am truly sorry that this error caused you to lose your requested room type.

I am disappointed to hear about your troubles with receiving a fridge. It is true that we only have a certain number of mini-fridges available to rent. I wish we would have had one available your first night to make up for the inconveniences we had caused you.

I understand how your experience has left you with a negative impression of our hotel. I hope one day you will return so we may prove to you that your experience was not up to the standards of service we normally provide.

Kind Regards,

Dana Albano

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview? Share your experiences!