Our group of friends had rented rooms at the Four Points in Niagara Falls on Feb 23, 2013, across from Fallsview Casino. We had 4 rooms in total, none were on the same floor, they were actually in separate towers....and by no means was that a concern at all. The beds looked great, clean and comfortable and the room had the basic necessities of what one would expect from a standard double room. No complaints there. What is extremely alarming is that this hotel found it acceptable to rent out rooms that were very recently renovated and not properly ventilated from the toxic carpet glue and wall paper glue that was used in the renovation.
We were hit with the scent immediately upon entering our room. We couldn't immediately distinguish the exact nature, as we typically stray from sniffing glue like most other people. We shut off the heating, thinking it was coming from the central air and opened up the windows as much as it would allow. We left the room shortly thereafter to meet up with the rest of our friends and go out for dinner an drinks. We came back to the room shortly after two, only to be hit with the stench once again, and this time with a vengeance. After only being in the room for 10 mins, some of us got headaches, others felt their throats scratching. We reported this to the front desk, and they informed us that the entire hotel was booked up and there were no other rooms available. We escalated to management, who also confirmed that we could not be moved to another room due to lack of availability. After some time, our room was visited by a maintenance worker and the manager herself to investigate the smell. Both confirmed that the odour was from the recent renovations, in particular the glue used in setting the new carpet and wall paper. The manager offered to set us up in a room at the Radisson, and in hind sight we should have probably accepted the offer. At the time, we were so upset at the circumstances that we just decided to stick it out for 3-4 hours with the open windows. One of the girls with asthma was set up on a cot in one of the other rooms. In the end, our odour room was comped by management, which was appreciated given the circumstance, but a small consolation for what we endured. We woke up with raspy throats and freezing from the open windows in the month of February.
I strongly believe that Michelle, the manager, did her best to offer a solution once the issue was raised. However, the bigger problem is that the hotel found it acceptable to make these rooms available when they were not guest-ready, which makes me wonder in what areas are operational standards and service compromised? This is the reason for my low rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview is connected to Fallsview Casino/Dragonfly Nightclub by indoor walkway. Our hotel is near Maid of theMist boat ride and Scotia Bank Convention Centre ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
- Four Points By Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Fallsview Plaza Niagara Falls
- Hotel Fallsview Plaza
- Fallsview Plaza Hotel