“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview

You added Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6455 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3V9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in January 2013. View overlooked parking lot but not a problem as we booked a cityview. Close and easy access to Fallsview casino. One critique is that the jacuzzi was next to the bed and I'm used to having a jacuzzi in the bathroom. More of a preference/aesthetics thing. One criticism about the website is that I tried booking two different packages from their website but the dates that the package says it's available weren't; as an example, the SPG package for this hotel is supposed to run from January to March 31, Thursday to Sunday but yet the package can't be booked for any date in February or March and the dates in January don't even cover Friday and Saturday. As the packages are a draw (since this hotel is far from Clifton Hill) I'd more than likely book closer to Clifton Hill if a package is not available. Check in/out was fast and efficient. Staff that I dealt with were pleasant. IHOP breakfast was excellent but terribly overpriced - $49.36 including tax for 2 people - eggs and ham and coffee - nothing else. Would not pay to eat at IHOP unless part of a package/promotion due to cost. Indoor walkway was a great addition. Would stay here again if I got a decent rate but due to lack of attractions other than casino and lack of decently priced food options I would not choose this location if the rates were comparable to hotels closer to Clifton Hill. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The first time i stayed at this hotel, they treated us so well. This time I asked for early check in, as we were coming from Embassy Suites the night before and the front desk told me that the best they could "maybe" do would be 3:00pm, instead of the 4:00pm. So we ended up going to the Us for the day to not waste our day. When we arrived at 8:30pm to check in, we were told "well you are coming very late, so what did you expect?". They put us in room 220, which was HORRIBLE! There were cracked tiles all through the floor near the tub, there were scratches on the walls, red marks that looked like they had been splattered above the bed (which is creepy) and a torn/frayed bedspread. As it was our Wedding Anniversary we had really hoped they could upgrade us or atleast give us a better room that was not ugly and damaged. The view from the room was the air conditioning vents and the top of the roof. This was not a nice room at all and very loud with the constant water sounds through the pipes and the heating units making noise all night. Then the front desk offered us the old section, and when we got to that floor it smelled like cigarette smoke, so we stayed in the original room. When we told them it smelled, they did not seem to call anyone up to that floor, so I guess they don't care if people smoke in non-smoking rooms? The next night we complained again and they moved us to a different room, in the same section, the same type of room (which is what we paid for anyway). It was the corner room, which was much larger, with the t.v being further from the bed, and the shower 1/2 the size of the other suites. The room was so clean, smelled so nice, and the condition of the room was fabulous in comparison. However, even with cranking the heat to 32 degrees, it was still so cold. I am not sure if it was because it was a corner unit or just a large room that could not heat up very quickly. We also opted to not get room service for the $5.00 card that could be redeemed for groceries at participating retailers. This is what the paper said, and then when we asked the front desk about it, they said it was for Starbucks in the Hotel only. So, when we went to get a muffin, we were told that we had to buy more than just a muffin as the voucher was for the full $5.00, and they would not let the $0.02 go. So we would have had to pay a few dollars to use the voucher, which we ended up keeping because neither my husband wanted anything else they sold. So that was a bit of false advertising. Basically, for the price we paid, we could have gone to any hotel and received the same amenities. We are thinking of going elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: They tell you that the new section is better, but ask to see the old section. t really is a prefere...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great; room was nice, clean, excellent washroom and great design. Hotel only one of the best I've stayed in at the falls. The only thing is that our room was across from the storage room on the 4th floor and at about 4am and then again at 7am we were woken up by the storage room door closing over and over. When we asked about it nobody knew "why the storage room would be used at those hours" I don't know either?

• Stayed January 2013
fourptsmgr, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Bobbytr,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel. We regret that your stay was disturbed by the sound of the storage room door, throughout the night. We do have associates, including maintenance and housekeeping personnel, on duty 24/7 who utilize these rooms. We'll ensure our staff are more mindful of our nearby guests, especially during the late night hours.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Four Point for 1 night with a group of my friends, We had booked a 2 bedroom suit and a single king room. The suit was I think on the newer side of the hotel so the layout of the washrooms and the room was better and the room itself looked nice and bright with city view. The single king room that I stayed in was all nice and everything but my city view was half blocked by the newer side of the building and the other half had the view of the parking lot across the street. But I did have an odd view of the falls, so I guess it wasn't bad.
The bathroom layout in the single room was a bit small and odd. The door was directly infront of the toilet and blocked off the tub, keep having to dodge in out between the bathroom fixtures to get around.
The rooms were ok to pleasant in cleanliness, but I did find some random hairs in the tub and the bathroom that did not belong to me, so yikes!
Another thing that was weird was the random hallways that connected the new and old part of the buildings together. I don't think guests should see where the hotel staff keep the massive bins filled with garbage or empty room service trays by the service elevator, t was all kind a strange.
Now, to the good part! The hotel's location is great! It is across the street from the Fallsvew casino and is connected by a bridge to their building and also connected to the Hilton hotel by a hallway,which is connected to bunch of restaurants. I recommend Brasa, the food and staff were great! and for your morning after hangover cure, iHop is just downstairs in the lobby!

Room Tip: If you don't care about looking in to the fallsview parking lot or having your view blocked by b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
fourptsmgr, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Solmaz A,

We appreciate you taking time to write a review about your stay. Upon the addition of our new tower, our hallways did become a bit more elaborate, but we're glad you were able to navigate around alright. Our hotel's location is certainly convenient, especially for those heading to the Fallsview Casino. We're delighted you had a nice weekend at our hotel!

Kind regards,

Rooms Division Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I read reviews, feel totally different than most. I am definitely a 5 Star resort person when vacationing. The room was immaculate. We stayed in the newer building, corner room, jacuzzi, city view and we were super impressed. The hotel has access to many restaurants and casino and you don't even step outside. The Access to the falls and the Main Strip are right at your door step. The staff are professional and care. I read a review about not having curtains that close and if they looked, the curtains don't close but underneath the sheers there are Black Out Blinds, in order to sleep in. I'm not sure what's happened during the past reviews, but we would definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed January 2013
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I made reservations through Sheraton's website for this hotel only to arrive and find that they did not have my reservation... and they had no rooms available. When I booked, there were several choices of rooms available (according to their reservations page) so I chose one and provided all of my information (name, credit card, etc.). This is how I book with hotel chains on a regular basis without issue. The Sheraton sends you an email noting that your reservation 'request' has been received and it will be confirmed shortly. I thought I missed my confirmation email in my spam, so I went to the Sheraton link for my reservation. When it showed my reservation information, AND a 'reservation number', I assumed I was booked. My mistake... I was not. But I never received an email saying that my reservation request could not be honored. We found another hotel in the area, but I just wanted to warn those booking with Sheraton that they seem to do it a bit differently than other hotel chains when booking on-line.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
fourptsmgr, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Mike S,

I'm sorry to hear about the mix-up with your hotel booking. Starwood Hotels tries to make the reservation process uncomplicated and easy to use, however it seems this particular experience was not the case. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please consider reserving with us again, and feel free to contact our in-house reservations line, toll free at 1-888-238-9190, to confirm your booking.

Maple, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Impressive ,very clean and comfortable. Service top notch ,you are helped by happy people. We checked in late ten minutes before kitchen was closing end they still cooked us some amazing wings. Close to falls and casino we will definitely go back.Pawel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear kalmuk,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We're thrilled to hear that you received exemplary service from our staff; from arrival to our dining outlets.

We hope you visit us again in the future!

Julie Tanos

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview? Share your experiences!