“No view could be more fascinating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton on the Falls

Save Saved
You added Sheraton on the Falls to your Saves list
Sheraton on the Falls
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5875 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3K7, Canada   |
Special Offer
Couples Package From $149
Ranked #9 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Wiesbaden, Germany
“No view could be more fascinating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here four days and was never tired to stand at the Windows I had a room with fireplace in the 16th with that amazing view....Unforgettable
Thanks to all for the upgrade which was given me (gold member )

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,053)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a two night stay at the Fallsview Sheraton in early January in order to see the Falls in the winter. We weren't disappointed!
Check-in, despite the large number of families checking in at the time we arrived, was relatively quick and the young lady who checked us in was most welcoming and efficient.
Parking is just a short drive away, but your walk back to the hotel is indoors.....you just have to be prepared to pay $19 per 24 hours with "any number of times" in and out privileges during your stay.
Our room was on the 21st floor. We had a King bed, sitting area and fireplace (although fake, I would presume due to fire regulations) with an excellent view of the Falls....very cozy, quiet and romantic.
We purchased the "couples package" that gave money off at any of the three restaurants and the spa, a wine tour and a credit at the Casino. We used the package deals at the Fallsview Restaurant buffet where the food was good, but, we felt, a little overpriced. We also used a part of our package deal at Windows, the new Jamie Kennedy restaurant. The food and service was excellent and with the $40.00 off using the couples package, an excellent deal.
The wine tour at Trius was worthwhile and, of course, we came home with a few bottles of their best wine!
We did not use the spa credit, so no comment here.
On our last day we went to the Casino, used our $25.00 credit and came out a winner...$250.00!
One of the options we liked was not to have maid service and if this choice was made, a $5.00 credit per person was left in the room to be used at the Starbucks in the hotel lobby. We went there for an enjoyable light breakfast on our last morning, where there was also a comfortable seating area.
Check out was very easy as we opted for our bill to be sent to our home via email. We also reviewed our bill on the in-room TV before leaving to make sure there were no problems....a good option to use.
Overall, our stay at the Sheraton on the Falls was excellent!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the upper floors with a good view of the Falls
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was only in Niagara for 1 night, so wanted to stay in a hotel with a falls view. I was not disappointed. Checked in within a couple of minutes. Excellent service from the lady at reception. Yes I agree the lifts took longer than average. But gladly, I am not an impatient man. The view of the falls was definitely worth the wait for the lift. Oh and I could have done without the fire place too, but I was not their for the fire place.... The room was as comfy as usually. I slept very well. Recommended.

Room Tip: Best tip for choosing a god room, one with a falls view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Room was okay. A typical hotel room with a king bed and a sofa bed. We booked a King room with fireplace. Personally, I thought the fake fireplace that did not give out any heat whatsoever was lame and tacky.

The hotel is in a good location and central for most things to do in Niagara. Parking was an additional cost. I booked directly with the Sheraton and miscalculated the cost of the room as sales tax was not mentioned in the original quote.

Room Tip: If Niagara Falls is on your bucket list - may sure you get a Falls View room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DonCNiagaraFalls, General Manager at Sheraton on the Falls, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member, We appreciate you sharing your comments with us about your stay with us in December. The fireplace is a great feature and we get great feedback from our guests especially during the winter months. Being a 22 story highrise hotel, real fireplaces with wood logs are against all fire safety laws, but we thought the electric heated and faue finish enhanced the room's amenities, even the great view of the Falls. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again, Don
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wanted to splurge for one night and combed through the hotels available that would give me a great view of Niagara falls Canadian side. I also wanted a fireplace and a King room. Ended up with a Fallsview King room with fireplace, jacuzzi tub and floor to ceiling view of Niagara Falls. Breathtaking. This hotel is a 3 min walk to shopping on Clifton hill and the rest of the sites. You have a choice you can use valet parking for 30.00 a day or the hotel will charge you 19.00 a day for the car park next to the hotel. There is little to no parking around the area so parking becomes important. I chose the valet service as everything was in walking distance so I didn't have to move the car once. The room type I chose was a King Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. Floor to ceiling windows and views of both USA Falls and Canadian Falls. It had a sitting place, fireplace and was lovely. There is a daily wireless access charge if you want to have internet in your room. Had to force myself to to go out to do shopping as I didn't want to leave the room. When booking ask for a room that is on a higher floor as the view gets better the higher up you go. If you want to treat yourself for a night and do a mini shopping trip then this is the hotel for you. I wanted to get away for one night and feel like I had been away for a week. Thanks Sheraton.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I would struggle to find too many good things to say about this hotel. Check in process seems to take ages (there was even a line!), the lifts took a long time and given what we paid for a room, expected much more. We had a fallsview king jacuzzi room - well we could see the falls if we stood in the right hand corner of our room and stuck our head out and looked across and the jacuzzi was so small that most people would struggle to get into it. I didn't even bother to use the jacuzzi. I asked about changing rooms to one with a better view of the falls but was told I'd have to pay an extra $200 per night to do that - why would I pay again to get a view of the falls when that was what I paid for?!

Room Tip: Check how much of a view you will get if you book a fallsview room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was here from the 20th-22nd with my boyfriend for a holiday excursion, and it was simply the most amazing trip ever. Definitely splurge for the fallsview rooms (and maybe the jacuzzi ;)). We had the Fallsview Deluxe on the 21st floor, and it was as close to the falls as we could be without a corner suite.

Hotel staff were very kind and helpful, we checked in within 10 minutes and 4 hours before the actual check in time. Room was very clean, tasteful and the bed was so comfortable. Fireplace is great, too. I'd suggest you bring your own wine and snacks, though, as the Sheraton's supply isn't very great and very pricy. Bathroom was very clean, just the mini fridge was malfunctional, but easily fixed by removing the shelves.

Rooms are quiet and soundproof by our experience. I don't recommend the food, however. Neither Windows nor room service are very inspiring. I recommend the Rainbow Room over in Crowne Plaza for a romantic dining experience.

We also did the waterpark (fun!). Room service was timely, but food was somewhat unappetizing and pricy. Parking is a little confusing with self park (we kept getting lost in the parking lot) but we figured it out. Definitely a good romantic getaway for two. The fallsview are amazing, especially with the lights off and curtains open at night.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great, but definitely go for the deluxe fallsview, they're higher up, and splu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton on the Falls? Share your experiences!