A friend of mine booked the 2-storey Penthouse at the Sheraton on the Falls. He did this as a few of use were to use it with him and we wanted a view of the Falls.
DO NOT BOOK THIS SUITE.
Totally BS!!.....we walked in and felt as if we were whisked back-in-time. The Brady Bunch stairs and furniture threw me aback.
The MAIN thing: walking into the room and smelling the worse ODOR ever!
Looks like the Sheraton hasn't upgraded their CARPET in 20 years. The stench just inside the front door hallway was so disgusting. Smelled like dirty socks or as if someone tried to clean the carpet with a WET dirty MOP! DISGUSTING!
I have stayed in Vegas in many suites and I do think the Sheraton needs to learn what goes into a suite. Especially a penthouse worth $435 a night!
-NO TOWELS were left in the bathroom
-NO mini-FRIDGE in the room (normally ANY suite/penthouse has this option)
-The AIR-CONDITIONING was NOT working properly (we didn't notice this till around 2am when we got back to our room. we had dropped off our luggage and went to gamble/eat)
-The BALCONY???? Give me break! The website states:
"This room also features a view of Niagara Falls from the lower floor step out balcony"
KEYWORD: STEP-OUT balcony. Literally about 7 feet X 3 feet.
It is not paved...it is a gravel patio.....not very comfortable (you CAN smoke out there)
*FYI: THIS hotel has NON-SMOKING rooms ONLY!
ONE THING: the staff was very very NICE. Concierge nice. Restaurant Servers and Bar staff nice. Too bad they have to work in a run-down hotel and make excuses for it.
I would NOT recommend the Restaurant, except for DRINKS ONLY!
Great view of the Falls, nice staff. We went there for drinks as we had to wait for a room to be done. (again check-in is for 4pm. It was not ready until 4:45pm. Strange. You would think that the Penthouse would be priority with it being so stupidly over-priced and expensive
This hotel should be shut down.
I would NOT recommend booking here.
Also no control on kids. Parents no where to be found. Kids in/out of elevators as if they were 'rides at Wonderland'......no security enforcing "where are you parents?"
My one main beef was the 2-STOREY PENTHOUSE SUITE.
FORGET IT. SAVE your $435 and go to Fallsview Casino Hotel, at least that hotel is UPDATED and doesn't smell
My message to the Sheraton on the Falls Owners:
-Quit being so cheap. Rip out the lame old stinky carpet.
(do like Fallsview and get a carpet with removable SQUARES)
-Upgrade your 1970's furniture.
-Put some bucks into the A/C.
-PS....check-in TIME......hey have it for 4pm. WHAT???
(we never got our room till 4:45pm.......ridiculous!)
I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See photos......sorry forgot to take a pic of the upstairs (bed/bathroom)
The bed was okay........bathroom huge.......everything else ......MEH~!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA/CAA 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls hotel offers the largest, most luxurious Fallsview accommodations in Niagara Falls, Canada. Located directly across from Niagara Falls and in the heart of the tourist district, the hotel features the best views of the Falls which are showcased by the floor to ceiling windows in all Fallsview rooms & suites. Sheraton is also home to outstanding guest services & amenities which include two new fallsview dining experiences; the 4-Diamond award winning Windows by Jamie Kennedy and the Fallsview Buffet. In addition, the hotel offers the breathtaking new Christienne Fallsview Spa, and indoor connections to the attractions, dining, and entertainment located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort including Casino Niagara, and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton