“A great kid friendly well located family Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skyline Inn

You added Skyline Inn to your Saves list
Skyline Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Bender Hill, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3K1, Canada   |
Special Offer
Waterpark From $159
Ranked #32 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Haldimand
“A great kid friendly well located family Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Check inn was quick easy and very early. The staff friendly.
The room was pleasant and clean. The small fridge is great when traveling with children. The location is within walking distance of most attractions and the skywalk to the waterpark is very convenient.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Hamilton, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

This was our second visit to the Skyline Inn, and it was as enjoyable now as it was the first time, we got the Family/Fallsview Waterpark package. The front reception staff was wonderful and very helpful. The rooms were immaculate, clean and very modern in decor. It was like being home away from home. Also when it came to the waterpark, being in a hotel that is connected to the park is a bonus. When I looked on-line and compared pricing for the same package that we purchased, Skyline Inn was the best deal AND for obvious reasons the BEST hotel choice.

Peterborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Stayed at the Skyline recently over the "Family Day" holiday. We had a great time. We enjoyed the Skyline entirely. Being an Innkeeper myself and a Dad, I appreciate cleanliness and function. The warm, glass hallway connection to the water park, which was our little group's focus destination, was really a blessing, or "cool" depending on what speak you prefer. Accommodations were good, fridge, tv, coffee, looks like there has been some updates recently. What I thought was an excellent value add, was the courtyard set up. My daughter played with her little friend a ton right outside our room, and they enjoyed a movie in one of the courtyards in the evening. A short walk, in bathing suits to the waterpark, which has a broad age appeal by the way.
Short walk to see the Falls, friendly staff, excellent temporary check in parking, all in all, glad we went, the kids are still talking about it. So am I actually. Thanks Karen.

Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

I was pleasently surprised with the Skyline Inn. We had a WaterPark package and the hotel was worth ever penny we paid. Front desk was very nice. We were surprised to find our room was ready at 11:00 am. Which was great. We were able to unpack and change to our bathing suits with ease.

Hotel is divided into indoor courtyards. Room was a good size, beds very comfortable. Lots of pillows and blankets. Room had a refrigerator and coffeemaker. Plenty of towels!!! Hotel had a movie for the kids in one Courtyard, while we were able to sit in the other and enjoy a bottle of wine. Only problem was the room had a musty smell. You got use to it right away.

Very easy access to the waterpark.

Albion, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

We took our children for the waterpark package. Waterpark was excellent. Rooms need help. Very outdated. Our room had a musty smell, almost like wet clothes. The chairs were stained with something. The curtains were dirty and stained in various spots. At the top they had rust all over them. The pen didn't even work to complete the survey. I had to bring it home and send it back. We don't get a lot of chances to take our kids on vacations (we have 4). This could have been a lot better experience. Very disapponted in room quality.

ontario,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

my husband and i stayed there for one night on feb 4th 2009 and we were treated with respect and prompt service. the staff was terrific and the rooms were spotless. we also loved the courtyard it was a great place to relax and have a tea and read the paper. the courtyard is clean with a gazebo and very nice furnishings. it was literally a two minute walk to the casino niagara. the staff was very prompt and courteous and was quick to make sure our room was satisfactory to our needs. i loved it and would recommend this to anyone looking for a good deal thats close to the casino. the rest there has excellent food at fairly good prices.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

I went to this hotel with my aunt and her two children aged 8 and 11 for a night away and to go to the water park.
We check in and go to our room (1704 I think). The room reeked of cigarette smoke. This is after we just signed a waiver that the property was entirely smoke free. We asked to be moved and were assigned to room 2005. The room was 2 queen size beds, a fuzzy tv and normal hotel amenities. It seemed fine for the night as we were only going to be sleeping there. We went to the water park and had a nice day with the kids. The water park is good fun. The walkway to the water park was handy as well.
We also ate at the Perkins restaurant twice which is attached to the hotel. The food was great but over priced compared to other Perkins chain restaurants I have been to.
Now, on to the terrible.
My aunt and her two kids were lying on one of the beds watching tv. I crawled in the other bed in my pj's to settle down for the night. I was trying to get comfortable and I felt something sticking into my back. I thought it was a tag on the sheet or something. I flicked on the lamp, it was a Trojan condom wrapper. A used condom wrapper in this supposedly CLEAN bed. We were horrified. The children were traumatized as they didn't understand why I lept out of bed hollering at 11:00 P.M. My aunt called the front desk and they sent two managers up. They both came in the room, inspected the bed, apologized, took the condom wrapper and left. Then a maid came up to replace all the bedding. As she was stripping the bed other stuff starts flying out of the sheets. A package of salt and pepper came out on the floor. We were stunned. What the heck!??!
Anyways, the next morning we went to eat and my aunt went to see the manager about a discount on the room or some type of compensation for the trouble the night before. She was told that they were sorry, this never happened before and maybe if she comes back again they would give her a discount on a room. What a joke for customer service.
If you are going to Niagara Falls with your family, take my advice, head for a better hotel.
They advertise kids movies in the courtyard every night but the courtyard is so cold it was impossible to sit there on the floor and enjoy a movie. You needed your jacket on to walk the halls. I have pictures of the room and everything that happened for reference (email me as I won't be posting it on here because it is not fit).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Skyline Inn? Share your experiences!