“Family friendly with direct water park access” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Skyline Inn

Save Saved
You added Skyline Inn to your Saves list
Skyline Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Bender Hill, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3K1, Canada   |
Special Offer
Family Waterpark Package
Ranked #24 of 138 hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Family friendly with direct water park access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went during Xmas vacation with preteens for a little waterpark fun on a promotional package. Place was busy but had no problems. We arrived at 11:30 and the room was ready for us which was superb.

It's a converted motel with glassed in courtyards. Well kept and updated. Not super chic, but definitely practical. Some on site parking or big multi-story garage att'd to casino right across the way (both $10 with in and out incl, we went in at 11:30am and out at 4pm the next day, np).

Direct indoor walkway to the waterpark is a definite plus. No line-up to get in! This is one edge the Skyline has over the other hotels in the complex. Watching dripping wet families slog it back to the Sheraton through the food court and arcade of the Fallsview complex (brrrrrr!) made me glad we chose this place.

If you dislike children, this is NOT the place for you. It's all families and teams.

Room Tip: Courtyard 2 is the one with the nightly bedtime movie, so could be a plus or minus for your family...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Skyline_GM, General Manager at Skyline Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
KaWaMiDa,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay at Skyline Inn at Falls Avenue Resort.

I am happy to read that we were able to get you into your room early on the day of arrival. Even through Skyline Inn offers a 3pm check in time we do our best to have our rooms cleaned as soon as possible in the event of an early check in. We can not accomodate an early check in for all guests but we will offer this service whenever it is possible.

Our main Skyline Inn parking area is the multi level structure located directly infront of Skyline Inn. While it is true there are limited parking spaces directly at Skyline Inn, these are mainly used as a registration area for arriving guests.

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the feature of our Skywalk to our Fallsview Indoor Water Park at Falls Avenue Resorts. Our walk way is climate controlled for your comfort and offers easy access to our Water Park and to the rest of Falls Avenue Resort.

I am glad to read that your family enjoyed their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Skyline Inn at Falls Avenue Resorts upon your next trip to Niagara Falls.

915 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Mississauga, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a great time. Went for an overnighter and used the waterpark for both days. The service at the Skyline was wonderful. The staff are so courteous and friendly. Plus the room is clean. We watched 'Up' with the provided yummy popcorn in the courtyard. The kids loved that experience!

I was happy with where our room was as well. I requested a room far away from Courtyard 2 (where the nightly movie plays) and we slept like logs. The beds are comfy too!

Room Tip: If you'd like to go to bed before 1030, request a room far away from the movie courtyard.
SW00,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay at Skyline Inn at Falls Avenue Resorts. I want to take this opprotunity to thank you for your kind comments regarding our movie night, our friendly staff, and our clean rooms.

At Skyline Inn it is our goal to provide you with a fun, clean, quiet, and restful place to relax while you are visiting Niagara Falls with your family. I am very happy to read that your family enjoyed their stay at Skyline Inn and experienced all of these things. I look forward to welcoming you back to Skyline Inn soon.

Brampton, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Do not stay in the Courtyard area!! Stayed at Skyline for 1 night and was completely unsatisfied. Apparently there was a hockey team staying in the Courtyard area outside our room. Inconsiderate parents who let their children run rampant in the hallways till all areas of the night, while they conversated in the courtyard area while drinking alcohol. The noise was insane to say the least. I called the front desk at 11pm to notify them of the noise and was told that Security was on the way. I still heard the noise for atleast 1 more hour before falling asleep. My son awake at 1:50am and I could still hear the noise going on. I called front desk at around 10:00am to notify them of how long the noise went on for and they told me that they knew who the individuals were and that management would be talking to them. Ok but what about the fact that my family had an awful sleep due to the noise and not a mention of compensation for this. Not even a simple thing as to later check out time. And to add onto that the package I got included vouchers for additional amenities that included an expired voucher. If you are planning a stay at this hotel, make sure you know of any large groups staying there and stay away from them. The courtyard area is a definite stay away zone for staying.

Erin H,

I would like to take this opprotunity to apologize to you regarding your unsatisfactory stay at Skyline Inn at Falls Avenue Resorts. Please know that it is not our standard to place families and hockey teams together in the same courtyard. Our team has used your situation as a learning tool to avoid these situations in the future. Please know that our guests come to Skyline Inn and expect to have a clean, comfortable, quiet, and relaxing stay and this is our goal to provide. I am disappointed that you are one of those few guests who did not experience this. Please see the personal note that I have sent you in regards to your situation. I look forward to changing your mind about Skyline Inn and I stand ready to assist you when you decide to return to Niagara Falls. Thank you for posting your comments through Trip Advisor as we do require feedback from our guests in order to grow and meet the needs of our guests. I look forward to hearing from you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The rooms and furniture are dated and dusty. Even the reception area looks and smells old; there were holes in the reception armchairs! The family movie night is pathetic- they show old shaky movies- even the kids got bored.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Skyline_GM, General Manager at Skyline Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Ibtissem,

Thank you for posting your Trip Advisor review regarding your stay at Skyline Inn.

I want to thank you for outlining your concerns through your review. I want to apologize to you for failing to meet your expectations when you were a guest at Skyline Inn. I am very sorry to hear that there was an odour in our reception area when you arrived at Skyline Inn. Our housekeeping department does regular touchups in the lobby throughout the day. Our housekeeping department has already followed up to ensure that all items on the lobby duty checklist are being performed properly as our standard remains that our lobby should be odour free.

I apologize to you that our arm chairs were damaged. Unfortunately this was a recent developement after our high volume period. We do regular have damaged furniture repaired and reupholstered as will our arm chairs in the lobby.

I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy our movie night at Skyline Inn. Our hotel carries over 40 G rated movies which are regularly alternated. Some of these movies are older classics and some are brand new releases. We do this purposely to offer variety to our guests and children. At Skyline Inn we pride ourselves by pleasing our guests and we do everything we can to accomodate requests. I will therefore review the movie selection process and see to it that those movies we play are to our guests liking.

I would strongly encourage you to contact me directly as I would appreciate the opprotunity to change your mind about Skyline Inn. I am certain that given another opprotunity we will exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your review as our establishment can not grow without our guests providing us with their honest comments and perceptions of Skyline Inn. I again apologize to you and look forward to speaking with you regarding your stay with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel's indoor skywalk access to the water park across the road is an excellent feature. Everything else however, is somewhere between slightly above average and good. The rooms and fittings are dated, and the interior and exterior need sprucing up. The hotel has a homely "family-run" feel with courteous, helpful staff. The waterpark is o.k., but not great for serious thrill seekers or older children. Our first stay was 4 years ago, and after this second stay the kids have advised there's no need to return.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face the courtyards
TorontoTraveller84,

Thank you for posting your Trip Advisor review of your stay at Skyline Inn.

I want to apologize to you for not exceeding your expectations while you were a guest at Skyline Inn. Our hotel was fully renovated and upgraded in 2007. We also performed a minor renovation of our Deluxe Family Bunk Bed Suites in 2009. It is of course always our mission to research, review, and contemplate new ideas for a more modern look and feel for the future. Your comments regarding our furnishings, decor, and exterior are very much appreciated. We will keep your comments on file for those times when we do review our decor for an upgrade.

I am sorry to read that our Fallsview Indoor Water Park was not to your liking. Our Water Park is geared towards all ages from young children through teenagers and adults. Since this is an indoor activity thrill seeking is something that would be difficult especially with the volumes of young children that are present in the park. Our Water Park team will of course keep your comments on file for the future.

Should you return to Niagara Falls in the future please do not hesitate to contact me and I will personally see to it that you have a plesant stay.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Skyline Inn. The water park was fun for all ages. I surprised at how many slides my 3 year old was able to go on without assistance. We will definitely be back next year!!

Sarah S,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review regarding your stay at Skyline Inn.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Skyline Inn and Fallsview Indoor Water Park.

Our Fallsview Indoor Water Park location is designed to accomodate children of all ages as well as teenagers and adults. We are happy to hear that your family enjoyed their time there and we look forward to welcoming you back to Skyline Inn and Fallsview Indoor Water Park in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked a waterpark package with this hotel, and were really pleased with it. Its a unique set up, where all rooms face inwards, around small covered courtyards. This great when traveling with kids- they can run around, and you know where they are. Its also nice at night- our kids went to bed, and we opened a bottle of wine in the courtyard right outside our room. Better then sitting in a dark hotel room listening to the kids sleep. They also show kids movies in 1 courtyard on weekends. One of our children was sick that night, and housekeeping was there within 10 minutes, and cleaned everything. When I offered the lady a tip, she refused it. Really, she was amazingly fast, and super kind.
The only downside to this hotel is that because it is so family friendly, you have to be prepared for a little niose at night. It quiets down by 10ish, but there are kids zipping around until then.
The skywalk directly to the Fallsview waterpark is fantastic too.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to night time noise, ask to be on the second floor. Ground floor rooms are rea...
polarbeach,

Thank you for posting your Trip Advisor review of your stay at Skyline Inn.

We are glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations while you were a guest at Skyline Inn. As you mentioned Skyline Inn is a family friendly establishment which is very kid friendly. We do our best to keep our courtyards as comfortable and inviting as possible for both parents and children. We have four such courtyards decorated in a tropical plant theme to give the impression of a warm, outdoor courtyard without the hassel of actually having an outdoor courtyard.

As you mentioned we play a movie for the kids in courtyard two. All movies are rated G and are child friendly. We also hand out complimentary popcorn to the kids for the movie time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Skyline Inn in the future.

Anthony,

Been to Skyline Inn? Share your experiences!