“Very Nice - Better than Expected!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skyline Inn

You added Skyline Inn to your Saves list
Skyline Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Bender Hill, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3K1, Canada   |
Special Offer
Waterpark From $159
Ranked #32 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Maryland
“Very Nice - Better than Expected!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights and it was a wonderful stay. On my previous trips to the area, I stayed at an upscale hotel with a fireplace and falls view for much more money per night, however, this hotel was just as nice, if not better!! I didn't have a view of the falls but the other perks were better! $5.00 Starbucks voucher for not having room service each day, a refrigerator in the room (upscale hotel didn't have one) and the use of the pool and exercise rooms in the Crowne Plaza, Sheraton on the Falls and Hampton Inn!!! I had the best of both worlds - a reasonable priced hotel room with the use of the other hotels amenities!! Perfect!! The staff was great, no problems during my entire stay. Would stay here again. Great deal!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

First off this hotel is in a fantastic location. It is just a street over from the border entrance and the beginning of all the exciting attractions in Niagara Falls. It is within a few minutes walk of Clifton Hills and the falls. It is also directly accross from the casino and Planet Hollywood. The rooms look exactly like they do on the internet. It was very clean, the beds were comfortable and it was nice having a mini-fridge. We stayed on the second floor in corner in the non movie courtyard. The bathroom was a tad small but nothing that would cause too much of a problem. Noise was not an issue, we were out late, but I can see how it could easily be if you are early to bed, or a late sleeper. This hotel serves families and every one knows how kids can be slamming doors and what not. We stayed for two nights and this was plenty enough time for all the attractions in Niagara. Oh and one more tip, bring WAY more money for food than you think you will spend. I have been to alot of major tourist towns and I have never seen this kind of price gouging. It was so bad that we will probably never visit this area again. Believe what everyone says about the Perkins. My husband had an egg breakfast and I got pancakes and our bill was $34....no kidding.

Terrebonne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our stay was very comfortable and located right behind Clifton Hill. Staff members were friendly and very helpful. The Falls were a short walk from hotel. We really appreciated the 5$ starbucks vouchers they gave us on the days we were not requesting room service. Finally, the price we payed was very low for the quality and location of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The price was right, it is very well located, and a really nice hotel. It is walking distance to the falls and to Clifton Hill. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the bathroom very clean. The room included a refrigerator and had nice courtyards among the rooms. During the night they play a movie on one of the courtyards and the experience is really nice, since people go out with their kids to watch the movies and is really nice. We had problems with our luggage, and the hotel staff was friendly and assisted us nicely. They also printed us a map when we were looking for a specific place. The hotel offers Wi-ffi which was very useful also. It was really a good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I arrived late on a Thursday night and can't find the hotel's parking lot, therefore I parked at the casino's parking opposite the hotel and the fee was $20 per night. I walked 3 minutes uphill to get to the lobby. The check in was quick, and when the front desk staff know that I parked in the casino, he gave me the hotel guest parking ticket, therefore, I paid $10 per day instead. (However, the parking spots of the hotel are not adequate for a Friday night parking and fortunately I got the last parking spot at 11:00 pm. on the 2nd night.)

I needed to walk upstairs from the check in. The door sensor was not responsive until many tries. The room was clean, the TV was very old and the quality was bad. The furnitures, wall papers were OK and well kept. The internet keyboard for the TV was not working. I was on a business trip and I found out that there was no power outlet for my laptop and the internet connection was pretty slow despite it was free!!

The room was quite quiet despite it is a family type hotel. Some renewal is on the outside is preferrable. It is very close to the busy centre of the Niagara Falls and you could find many bargain restaurants around the area. Overall Great price and location!

Room Tip: If you have leg problem, try to get a room in the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just spent a weekend getaway there. The hotel was nice but nothing special. The room was very clean. I found the beds to be a bit to hard for my liking. And also, Im a light sleeper, so when it came to our neighbours waking up at 6am, 7am ect. I was up with them. The one thing I really didnt like was that when your neighbour was opening or closing their door, it sounded like yours was. Which made me jump everytime.
Also, online when you book, it says there are several different pools to use. This is true, but you have to walk to a whole different hotel to even get to it, making it very inconvienent.
Overall, just a typical hotel.

Richmond Hill, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A nice night in the falls with some gambling, good food, fun and games was marred by the following:

Unfortunately, we had a very bad experience staying here... it wasn't completely the hotels fault, but nonetheless, it has left a very bad taste in our mouths, which means we won't be back.

Apparenty there were alot of tournaments on this past weekend in Niagara Falls.. but knowing that, the hotel should have increased the presence of security, as to not have the rowdy people disturb those who where there to actually enjoy their stay.

Our situation involved security being called 3 times (between 2 and 3am) and our neighbours being removed from their room... lots of screaming and crying after they were evicted... NICE. Needless to say, on the 3 hours sleep we had, we were in no way wanting to stick around in the morning, we got the heck out of there pretty fast to get home to the comfort of our own bed.

The staff when we checked in were very helpful and accomodating, particularily Josh.. But we were not convinced the overnight staff were capable of handling the issue we ran into... took almost an hour to get security to put an end to the party.

Its too bad because this hotel is in very close proximity too all the fun stuff in town including steps to Casino Niagara, and the first impression was very good, even though it wasn't a "Chain" hotel.

The only interesting thing we found was in our room, which had 2 double beds, also had a small cubby hole room with bunk beds in it... perfect for a family to get away in, as the hotel is also attached to the water park.

Because we booked through a 3rd party company, the hotel itself couldn't do anything to reduce our rate or offer compensation, except to remove our parking charge... which was a good thing, as we weren't aware of a parking charge when we checked in.

The 3rd party company has offered a small credit to my account, which i'm happy to accept, but again, I kind of expected the hotel itself to make it right some how.

Anyways, to sum it up.. we won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay away from doors near stairwells
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Skyline Inn? Share your experiences!