“Beautiful, fallsview room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel

You added Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel to your Saves list
Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6755 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W7, Canada (Formerly Sheraton Fallsview Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nottingham, England
“Beautiful, fallsview room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2007

We were more than pleased with this hotel. We were on floor 9 and the view of the falls from our room was fantascic. The room was large, clean and had two extremely comfortable, queen sized beds. The service was good and all in all, the hotel helped us to have a fantastic experience seeing the falls and enjoying a hard earned break. The price was also very reasonable. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The view
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

The reviews we read before booking the hotel were mixed. We decided to roll the dice since the hotel is overlooking the falls and hope for a great stay without any disappointments. When we arrived the two valet were away from the entrance talking and did not bother to return to the entrance. This is the worst I can say about the hotel. All the other staff of the hotel provided superb service. We stayed in room 2621 (a recent guest provided pictures of the same room with their review) and had an amazing view of the falls. I do not understand how hotels get guests on the American side of the falls since the falls face Canada. We went down to the falls for a few hours in the afternoon, had an early dinner, and returned to the room to have a bottle of wine and watch the falls. We had booked an upper floor fallsview room but were upgraded when we arrived to a room that also had a fireplace, separate bedroom, and oversized whirlpool tub. We will undoubtedly be staying at the Sheraton Fallsview again when in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

• Liked — The view of the falls.
  • Disliked — Nothing that is worth talking about.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

Was a bit worried about this hotel due to the mixed reviews. I was pleasenly suprised. We spent two nights at the Sheraton Fallsview, 9-11 April 2007. Arrived after 7 hours of driving from Boston on the front there were no valet service. The hotel looked pretty much deserted until we got inside. The front desk seemed a bit annoyed and wasn't very hospitable. Got our room keys # 2621 executive suite + fireplace. The front desk was quickly forgotten. the room is beautiful, the view breathtaking, romance oooozzzing from every corner, inc. the great whirlpool of a bath. the bathroom is huge, the double bed wasn't the most comphy I have slept on, but it was only 2 nights. Enjoyed a good meal at the steak house, medium well for me thank you. Overall a great couple of days.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the fron desk
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

we upgraded to this hotel with a room view of the falls with our agent for only a little extra , after some deterimined haggling.

our room was very clean and beds were very comfy. Air con delivered uninterupted blasts of icy air on demand. TV was good ( although we had problems with pay for view movies). Bathroom was nice and shower was excellent. only downside few toiletry freebies.

all staff were polite , and service pretty good.

the cut above steakhouse was okay, steak s good but not spectacular , i guess you pay for the view of the falls while you dine rather than just beef.

Location is good , just don,t try to get down to falls level on foot by going right from the hotel lobby , all you will get is a steep muddy hill like silly me . go left towards the casino or better yet drive down.

i would stay here again if i came back and could get a good deal on the room with a view of the falls

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

I booked a superior room with the winter pass package for the Good Friday long weekend from the hotel's website for $209 per night. The package came with vouchers for 4 buffet breakfast (2 for each morning we stayed), a voucher for 2 buffer dinner for 1 night, compliementary parking and 4 tickets (2 adutls + 2 Child) to the Butterfly Conservatory, Bird Kingdom, Skylon Tower and Journery Behine The Fall. This was a very good deal. The room we got was on the 31st floor, the top floor of the hotel. Actually, the hotel has a 32nd floor but it has only 2 rooms and is only accessible via a staircase from 31st. Our room has a huge window (floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall) that provides a fantastic view of the falls. We didn't have to go outside to take pictures of the falls. The hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has the Kids Eat Free policy that is applicable only before 7pm. However, our waiter did not give us any trouble even though we arrived after 7:30pm. Food there was excellent. We also paid $5 for the hotel shuttle to take us to the falls and Skylon Tower. It is $5 per day per room with umlimited usage between 3pm and midnight. The shuttle can take you to and from any attractions in the area. The shuttle was running on the on-demand basis but it always arrived within 10 minutes after we paged the driver. This saved us a lot of parking fees. I definitely will come back and stay.

• Stayed April 2007
Essex - Near London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

What a fantastic hotel!!! Before booking to stay at this hotel I had looked on tripadvisor at the reviews of other hotels in the area. From the reviews I read I decided to book for the Sheraton Fallsview.
My boyfriend had no idea what room I had booked, it was a surprise...
We had stayed in Toronto with a friend and travelled by car to the hotel, although our first port of call was a helicopter trip over the falls, which again was a surprise... So it was my first chance to see the hotel from up high :o)
We arrived at the hotel at at around 12pm, I knew check in wasn't until 3pm so I went in to ask if we could park. Not only could we park up we were allowed to check in to our room. At the check in desk the staff were really friendly, commenting on how nice my hair looked, you don't get that very often. Also the check in staff said to me that my boyfriend had booked a lovely room, on which I replied, 'Hey I booked it!'
I had seen pics of the room online but nothing was going to prepare me for our room. It was on the 22nd floor which gave us club passes for the breakfast room which was just next to our room.
Describing the room is difficult and I have pictures for you to see, so definitely take a look. The room is on 2 floors, the bed, extra TV and main bathroom being upstairs with floor to ceiling views of the falls. When checking tripadvisor there was no one who had taken pics of room like this so I took lots, with this site in mind.
Our stay at the the hotel was fab and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Niagara falls area. Since coming back I have looked at other reviews which have not been so good. I could not fault our stay and would definitely stay there again in the future.
Hope this review helps some of you :o)

• Liked — The fabulous room and it's amazing view
  • Disliked — Nothing... it was all good!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
beaver falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2007

The sheraton fallsview was a very nice hotel! You can see the fall from your room. The staff was awsome. The hotel was very clean it is fit fo royalty. I will enclose some pictures i took from the window. The window is the whole one wall of the room!

• Liked — it felt like home the bed was so comfertable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel? Share your experiences!