“Best view ever!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel to your Saves list
Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6755 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W7, Canada (Formerly Sheraton Fallsview Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Vassar, Michigan
“Best view ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Clean, beautiful hotel in a great location. But if you are going to stay, make sure you splurge on a falls view! There is nothing more spectacular than that view day or night. The only things that kept us from giving it a five star was that everything was so expensive. 25.00 a day for wifi 20.00 a day for parking and 20.00 a person for breakfast. Also our room wasn't ready until late, but it was worth it when we got in it!

Room Tip: Go for fall view!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4410, General Manager at Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear bhguile,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived at the hotel but am happy to hear that the view was worth waiting for. I hope that we will see you again soon.

1,470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Imperail Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Enjoyed our 3 day stay. Service excellent, food excellent! Great view from the dining room of the falls. Buy a bus pass which picks up in front of the hotel and takes you down to the falls. Steep walkway up otherwise. Only disappointed part was mailing postcards from the Hotel. They accepted them to mail them for us, but not telling us the postage was incorrect until the last day when I tried to mail one and the clerk told me they could not do it. I asked what happened to my other mail from previous days, the clerk went back and looked and they were there? What were they going to do with them? They need to check the postage before accepting mail. We had a broken lamp in the room which was replaced right away.

Room Tip: Higher floors with great views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Day bchrefuge,

I am happy to hear that you had an overall good stay with us. I apologize for the confusion regarding postage. I understand how disappointing that would have been for you. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night with husband and children. The greatest thing is the view so if you want to stay in your room, this is the place for you. It is a long walk down to the falls or anywhere. A bit dated for Marriott standards. Beds are very comfortable. Refrigerator was a bonus. Elevator was very slow, waiting 10 minutes. Parking lot was full and had to park in the over flow for the same price. Starbucks in the lobby. The area is over-priced. We opted for a sweet new Italian restaurant outside the main hub beside a delicious frozen yogurt spot called CC Swirls (don't miss this!). Our kids loved walking the Clifton Avenue strip at night. First time to Niagara Falls, glad I went but once you see it, you have seen it, in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sunny010133,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable time in Niagara Falls. I apologize for the waits incurred from our elevator system. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Seoul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family in the junior presidential suite. It was a gorgeous room with an incredible view of the falls. The problem with my stay was the staff seemed disinterested and not helpful. I had issues with checking in and out, housekeeping and room service. Was disappointed with the stay

• Stayed September 2013
Rama, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here on business September 17 - 19th. The room l stayed in was average/nice with two double beds. I enjoyed the in-room coffee and fridge and great view of Niagara Falls! While l didn't use the spa or hotel breakfast, the conference rooms were comfortable, and the hotel was nice with ample parking. I especially enjoyed that the hotel was on the edge of the "lights and action" and everything was within walking distance, with the furthest attraction (main Niagara Falls Casino) being a 20 min walk. Since l was here on business, my room was part of a block with a discounted rate. I have no complaints about this hotel and l enjoyed my stay but Im not sure l would/could personally pay the regular rate ($499 posted on door) for this room. (If so, then l would be paying for the great view.)

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have a good view of Niagara Falls.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We enjoyed a room on the 19th floor and couldn't get enough of staring at the Falls.
The hotel room was nice, but the main floor lacked a little atmosphere (very open and bright)
The pool is also very utilitarian.

Room Tip: Spend the money for the view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Being here for a conference, I got a good rate, and thus I found this hotel excellent value for money. I'm not familiar with their more typical rates, which might change my opinion. I agree with some others that charging a substantial fee for an outdoor parking lot doesn't seem right, and it should be lumped into the rate. The lobby was pleasant, and the room itself was very well cleaned, and the bed was very comfortable. My company wasn't willing to pay extra for me to admire the falls from my room, so got a "City View" room. That view is nothing to right home about. However, to be fair, I spent little time in my room other than to sleep, and I was still able to admire the falls while waiting for the elevators (an option that isn't available at the other Marriot across the road). I actually had quite a while to admire the falls, as the elevators were rather slow, at least at busy times. Staff were all friendly and helpful. My room lacked a TV remote control when I arrived, but a call downstairs got we one in just a few minutes. The wi-fi worked fine in my room. Luckily my conference provided wi-fi access, as the Marriott (as seems typical for higher end hotels) charges for it. I've never understood why the Super 8's and their peers provide it for free, but the 'better' hotels have to charge.
I enjoyed the quiet location at the end of the strip, but can see that wouldn't suit everyone. I found Milestones (the restaurant at the hotel) very good, but of course they are many other options within a short walk.

Room Tip: If you want a falls view, the higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel? Share your experiences!