Our first visit to the Falls area as part of our honeymoon in October. Unfortunately didn't have a room with the falls view, we overlooked the back where the convention centre is but not a bad view either. When you leave your room, the windows next to the elevator have an amazing view of the horseshoe and American falls.
The room was nice, clean and spacious enough and a good amount of storage space for clothes / cases etc. Coffee machine for the morning was good though beware the bottled water sat next to it. On closer inspection they have tags round them stating they are nearly $5 each if you use them. A ridiculous amount considering just down the street you can buy a bottle 3 times the size for 3 times less the price.
Breakfast vouchers were given to us on arrival which was a nice surprise as we didn't know about that. Food choice for the buffet was good and we were reminded twice by our waitress that "voucher covers the food but not the service" In other words, they expect a nice tip so remember to bring more money with you.
There is a small gift shop right inside the entrance of hotel and just along from it is an ATM which will come in useful if like us you find yourself running out of $$'s.
Found out before we went that Maid of the Mist service stopped just before we got there which we were disappointed at but obviously that's nothing to do with the hotel, just the time of year we went at. We found on our last day that Clifton Hill is a great place to visit too. I thought it was just the Skywheel and a few small things but it's bigger than we thought with a lot of amusements for all the family. The Skywheel is a must, you get fantastic views over both falls and all around Niagara from it and the Movieland Wax Museum is worth a few giggles. Crazy golf is good fun too.
Also recommend buying a WeGo ticket for the buses, they were a fantastic way of getting around, never too long to wait on any one particular colour route with some great drivers and we got to see a lot more of Niagara than we would have on foot.
I would definately stay here again, all in all it's a great place to stay with fantastic views if you can get a good room. The thing that would make it more perfect would be a road leading from the hotel right down to the falls :)
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Gateway On The Falls Hotel
- Marriott Gateway On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Fallsview
- Niagara Falls Sheraton
- Sheraton Fallsview Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Marriott Gateway on the Falls - a world-renown AAA four-diamond, 5-star Niagara Falls hotel. These luxurious Niagara Falls hotel accommodations are located in the heart of the Fallsview Boulevard tourist district, directly across from the Scotiabank Convention Centre and only one block from the Fallsview Casino Resort. This ‘Green Certified’ hotel has 407 guest rooms, most of which overlook Niagara Falls, including Whirlpool, Fireplace, Jr. Presidential and 2-Room Family Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott Gateway on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.