“Quick trip up North” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel to your Saves list
Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6755 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W7, Canada (Formerly Sheraton Fallsview Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #24 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
Cohasset, Massachusetts
“Quick trip up North”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went over the border before a Patriots football game in Buffalo and booked a junior suite for 3 of us. Room (21st floor) was very nice and had a great view of the Falls. We got a package that gave us a discount at a local golf course (Grand Niagara), which was a very nice track. We were able to walk to dinner near by and had breakfast at the hotel in the morning. Breakfast was very good and service was also good. Overall, a nice property and good service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4410, General Manager at Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to read that you felt we provided great service and we hope that we will see you again!

1,451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Check in was not ready, Been told it takes an hour after you actually arrive at the hotel.. Rooms are nice just because of a good view but very old and outdated. Jacuzzi is a plus. Very loud aircon system that can wake you up in the middle of the night as soon as it turns on.
Been to quite a few Marriott in Asia before and got a totally different higher opinion... That is why I chose this one.

Shuttle not normally free of charge is a big mistake.

Breakfast buffet supposed to close at 11, arrived at 10.50 am. All gone because another function going on. Noone informed in advance. Luckily the lady was helpful and helped us to get something from the kitchen..

Concierge was helpful. Thanks to them.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are sorry to hear that we did not provide you with a perfect stay. I apologize for the wait at check in and that you were not informed that breakfast would be closing early. I am happy to read that our associates provided you with breakfast so that you can start your day right. We do have plans to renovate our guestrooms. I hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Danbury, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on the 24th Floor which was accorded to me as a Marriott Platinum Member. As always, the view of the Niagara Falls is amazing from the Canadian side and it is worth a Million Bucks! However, not all hotels offer a view from your hotel room. If you are like me, you will want to soak in the view of the Falls every waking moment and it is important to be able to do that from the convenience of your hotel room if at all possible.

There are two Marriott's at the Canadian side of the Falls - Marriott Gateway to the Falls which is this one and the other is Marriott Falls View and Spa which is smaller but well established. This hotel has been converted from a Sheraton to a Marriott since as we all know, most if not all hotels are independently owned and franchised. Both Marriott's are owned by the same investor group and managed by the same owner. Marriott provides the standards of quality and Management expertise that is supposed to provide identical standards and levels of service from one Marriott to the next. That is one reason why business travelers like me like to stay at one chain versus the other.

I did have a few annoyances during my one day stay and one major hotel faux paux. I initially complained to Marriott National Customer Service directly and got NO response to date despite being a multi-year Platinum Member. Then, I pulled out the Welcome Letter written to me by Mr. Gordon Chow, General Manager of the Gateway Marriott Hotel and amazingly enough he responded within the hour, took care of my complaint and addressed it appropriately - all in one GO! Needless to say, I was blown away by that kind of customer responsiveness.

Mr. Chow might wish to offer more insight into the state of renovations into the progress of this Gateway Marriott to world class Marriott standards - which in my opinion is still a work in progress conversion from the Sheraton. However, I am troubled by Marriott Corp's own lack of responsiveness - not responding to a customer in a timely and responsive manner is a Cardinal Sin of Hospitality but thankfully, the General Manager of this hotel, Mr. Chow redeemed himself and his Management by offering a quick response.

I Recommend this hotel, unsure now about the Marriott hotels in general!

Room Tip: Always ask for a Falls View room and decline one on the 24th Floor because the view is partially obs...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4410, General Manager at Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor from your stay with us. I thank you for your comments regarding myself and our responsiveness to your concerns. Marriott Customer Care sends out the concerns to each hotel so that they may reply to you. We did receive your concerns to them and closed the case as we had already contacted you regarding your concerns.

We hope to see you again soon!

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel for many reasons.

The common areas were very clean, guest rooms were clean and well kept, housekeeping was excellent. Furniture and beds appeared newer and bathroom recently redone.

View from rooms and restaurant is in my opinion the best in Niagara Falls. No buildings or parking garages obstructing your view.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel was busy but I never felt as if service was affected by this. Service remained quick and seamless.

Self parking was easy and onsite (no walking across the street or around the corner to get your car like at some Niagara hotels).

I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4410, General Manager at Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are delighted to read your comments and hear how great your stay was with us. I am glad that you found our associates helpful and enjoyed eating at our onsite restaurant, Milestones.

We hope to see you again!

Alpine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

WOW! Breath taking is all I can say. We stayed on the 27th floor and what a view! Service was wonderful! I used the valet service and they were prompt having my vehicle ready for each day. Service in the restaurant and bar was a bit slow, but then in Canada I found all service to be laid back not rushed like in the U.S., but excellent. Prices are comparable and food was excellent. The breakfast buffet was pricey but worth it as the selection is fantastic. Highly recommend getting a room with view of falls and the higher the bettter. Room was ample allowing us to relax and enjoying the view, watch television, read a book and enjoy a glass of wine.

Room Tip: Must get a room with a view off the falls, best to get a room above 17th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are delighted to read your wonderful comments from your stay with us. I am glad that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us and thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel and associates. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days a meeting so the family was not with me. The conference center is just across the street (back entrance).
The falls view room has spectacular view from myy 6th floor room, and from the bed!
The restaurant was excellent.
There is extra fee for the falls view room, parking and internet.
The pool is so so. Limited options on the cable TV.
The AC system is old style and has bit of noise.
I would love to stay here again with the family in falls view rooms.

Room Tip: For better view of the falls, stay at the floors 6-12. You can see the falls almost at eye level!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to let you know that we will be renovating our pool area to reflect the new design of the hotel. We hope to see you and your family here soon!

Ryde, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The room was amazing, the views was amazing the breakfast was amazing! The prices was shocking 6:95 dollar for a bottle of water in our room, we got married and it was a perfect day and perfect for us but couldn't afford to stay for longer, they add 13% tax onto everything 25 dollars a night for Parkin but of course 13% on top of that, I'd go back just to look at the falls again its incredible :)

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are happy to hear that we provided a perfect location for your wedding stay. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and hope to see you soon for another celebration!

Gord Chow

Been to Marriott Niagara Falls Gateway on the Falls Hotel? Share your experiences!