“Comfortable stay, great breakfast & great sightseeing advice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast

You added Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5239 River Road, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E3G9, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 67 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Dallas
“Comfortable stay, great breakfast & great sightseeing advice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here back in August and had a perfect time. We stayed in one of the upstairs rooms. It was clean, cozy and very comfortable! Once we parked the car here, we walked everywhere else... to the falls, restaurants, and even the attractions street! Helena made an incredible breakfast of her own design. We learned after talking with her that she had attended culinary school and has a long background of cooking. She is also an excellent tour resource and provided us with many places to go to and also directed us to a local restuarant that was increible!! We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We enjoyed our breakfasts and found everything to be comfortable and clean. It is not as pretentious as some B&Bs, which we really like. The location was convenient and also pleasantly quiet. I am glad we chose to stay here over the large hotels overlooking the falls. It was a good match for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Southbridge, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed there during the labor day weekend and had a blast. The room was brand new in the lower level. The only thing that i was missing was air conditioning considering the aspect of ta hot weekend. The house is very nice and clean. Helena was very informative about attractions in the area. I would definitely recommend her home to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The home was beautiful with a comfortable room and a great view that over looked the gorge. The front porch was inviting and made our stay even more relaxing. Helena (the Host) made our stay special and the morning breakfasts were great. She suggested a great place to have dinner and places to visit while we were in the area. I enjoyed conversing with the other guest at the table. It is a great way to meet new people. We found the place very comfortable and relaxing after a day visiting the falls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I read so many good reviews about this place and I had great expectations, probably the people writing here are totally different from me. Starting from when I booked the place I was not sure about it, she promptly asked my credit card but when I sent it to her she did not bother about giving me a confirmation. We got there late in the night, maybe at 10pm and she did not even know my name when we entered. The room looked great but I immediately saw dust everywhere, on the floor hairs, the curtains incredibly dusty, the pops-corn ceiling was full of dust and the curtains holders had webs on them. In the morning from the bed with the sun light I could see dust on the walls. Why? The B&B could be very nice but the decorations are kind of weird, toilet paper rolls abandoned, a ladder in the living room, silicon bottle on the entrance room table. The towels were kind of rough and with stains of bleach. Nice shower. The no good point was the breakfast. We have not been asked about food allergies, we got some food and we did not know even what it was or what it contains. Too sweet, not tasty. We were looking for a coffee one afternoon because we were cold and instead of making us one, while holding a coffee mug in her hands, she told us there is no coffee place in Niagara Falls. I found this a bit odd. I think that Helena tries really hard but she did not reach yet the standard she thinks her B&B is.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Instead of going the route of the big hotel, my husband and I decided to try a B&B in the Niagara region. We just came back from a three day trip and we were definitely not disappointed with the Lion's head.

Helena was not there when we arrived (we came earlier than we thought) but her mother was there to greet us (sweet woman). The next morning, we met Helena, who is just lovely and has a certain energy about her that we instantly loved. I liked that she took the time to talk to us at breakfast and even gave us tips on where to go on our bike ride to Niagara on the lake . She was a very good hostess and even called in a person that brought us bikes to rent for our outing.

The house is lovely and the room we were in, the Van Gogh, was nicely decorated and clean. If you like older houses and enjoy architecture, this certainly will be a delight for you. It's really close to all the downtown Niagara Falls area but away from all the lights and noise that go along with it.

All in all, a wonderfull mini-vacation. Thanks Helena!

Room Tip: Van Gogh room was at the front of the house and seemed a bit bigger than the other rooms that we saw...