“Very nice place and great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

5239 River Road, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E3G9, Canada   |
Special Offer
SPRING SPECIAL $20 OFF
Southbridge, Massachusetts, United States
“Very nice place and great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed there during the labor day weekend and had a blast. The room was brand new in the lower level. The only thing that i was missing was air conditioning considering the aspect of ta hot weekend. The house is very nice and clean. Helena was very informative about attractions in the area. I would definitely recommend her home to others.

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The home was beautiful with a comfortable room and a great view that over looked the gorge. The front porch was inviting and made our stay even more relaxing. Helena (the Host) made our stay special and the morning breakfasts were great. She suggested a great place to have dinner and places to visit while we were in the area. I enjoyed conversing with the other guest at the table. It is a great way to meet new people. We found the place very comfortable and relaxing after a day visiting the falls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I read so many good reviews about this place and I had great expectations, probably the people writing here are totally different from me. Starting from when I booked the place I was not sure about it, she promptly asked my credit card but when I sent it to her she did not bother about giving me a confirmation. We got there late in the night, maybe at 10pm and she did not even know my name when we entered. The room looked great but I immediately saw dust everywhere, on the floor hairs, the curtains incredibly dusty, the pops-corn ceiling was full of dust and the curtains holders had webs on them. In the morning from the bed with the sun light I could see dust on the walls. Why? The B&B could be very nice but the decorations are kind of weird, toilet paper rolls abandoned, a ladder in the living room, silicon bottle on the entrance room table. The towels were kind of rough and with stains of bleach. Nice shower. The no good point was the breakfast. We have not been asked about food allergies, we got some food and we did not know even what it was or what it contains. Too sweet, not tasty. We were looking for a coffee one afternoon because we were cold and instead of making us one, while holding a coffee mug in her hands, she told us there is no coffee place in Niagara Falls. I found this a bit odd. I think that Helena tries really hard but she did not reach yet the standard she thinks her B&B is.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Instead of going the route of the big hotel, my husband and I decided to try a B&B in the Niagara region. We just came back from a three day trip and we were definitely not disappointed with the Lion's head.

Helena was not there when we arrived (we came earlier than we thought) but her mother was there to greet us (sweet woman). The next morning, we met Helena, who is just lovely and has a certain energy about her that we instantly loved. I liked that she took the time to talk to us at breakfast and even gave us tips on where to go on our bike ride to Niagara on the lake . She was a very good hostess and even called in a person that brought us bikes to rent for our outing.

The house is lovely and the room we were in, the Van Gogh, was nicely decorated and clean. If you like older houses and enjoy architecture, this certainly will be a delight for you. It's really close to all the downtown Niagara Falls area but away from all the lights and noise that go along with it.

All in all, a wonderfull mini-vacation. Thanks Helena!

Room Tip: Van Gogh room was at the front of the house and seemed a bit bigger than the other rooms that we saw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Helena at the Lionshead was just a dear. We were fortunate to be the only guests on our late summer Monday/Tuesday night stay and enjoyed her company and conversation.

The room was excellent. One of the remarkable amenities was the quality of the linens that she provides. Very special indeed.

Also, some of the best blueberry pancakes I've ever had!!

My wife and I had a wonderful experience with Helena.....thank you.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Helena, the owner of 'Lion's Head B&B' truly is THE most priceless gem of the home. Into the mix is the uniqueness, warmth, cleanliness of her B & B and over the top generous hospitality, Lion's Head is the place to stay in Niagara Falls!!

Sheri McConnell

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We agree 100% with all the positives about Helena and her Bed and Breakfast.We had had reservations at the Marriott but decided to try the B & B. Boy, did we make a fantastic choice! The house itself is a treasure then you add in Helena and her "over the top" breakfasts! We made use of the front verandah with wine several nights. Our 3 night stay could not have been better! We will definitely go back to Lion's Head as we have found a new friend!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!