“Not the best alternative” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Canuck Inn and Suites

Save Saved
You added Canuck Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Canuck Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5334 Kitchener Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1B5, Canada (Formerly Red Carpet Inn & Suites Fallsway)   |
Ranked #108 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Not the best alternative”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We arrived without a reservation and the hotel was one of the few economic alternatives that were in the area. We stayed two night to visit Niagara Falls Canada side. The hotel and its furnishings are old. Not clean and they smell of cigarettes in their rooms. One of the advantages is that it is a short distance from the falls. Overall a resolve but do not recommend it. I understand that for the same price you can get better at another location in this area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
St. Catharines, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

great location 5 minutes walk to clifton hill very clean a kitchen in the lobby so you can use the micro and kettle and lots of table and chairs for people to use and also a very nice pool and the owners and staff were very friendly and very helpful also reasonable rates will be going again with our grandchildren!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Everett, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

My bf and I stayed here from July 26-july 28 and we were pleased with our stay. The horrible reviews are not warranted. This hotel is better than most of the NYC hotels/motels I have stayed in For $40/night it was the best value and in a great location. It had free wifi, tv, ac and plenty of free parking. No microwave or coffee pots but we weren't planning on staying in the hotel all day. Some people complained about noise but it was perfectly quiet when we got there, although it became busier during the weekend. The service was superb. The people who run the place are very welcoming and eager to please. The only complaints I really have concern the weird shower water (can get really hot suddenly) and the scratchy sheets (we brought our own sheets to cover the bed). If you want to save money, this place is a good option if you're just trying to travel for cheap. Everything around Niagara Falls was so expensive. We were glad to save money to spend it on the tourist attractions. Don't forget to check out the lobby for coupon books and maps!

• Stayed July 2012
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I found this hotel to be perfect for my needs. When we arrived, the owner Asrar was very accommodating and made sure that we had everything we needed. This hotel is centrally located and only a short walk to all attractions worth going to.(About 2km to Fallsview-west or bottom of Clifton Hill-south). This was a very affordable hotel ,but the service, friendliness, and cleanliness match the best hotels in the world. I will stay at this hotel again and Thank You again for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oakville,Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here with my dad and my girlfriend on July 11th. I have to admit, at first it seemed a bit sketchy but once we got talking to the owner, my first impression was quickly laid to rest as he was extremely friendly and accommodating. My girlfriend and I are both disabled, and it was very easy for us to get in to the room with our wheelchairs. The room was very clean, it had air conditioning, and the beds were very comfortable. The motel is a short distance from Clifton Hill and the falls. All we really needed this hotel for was a place to sleep. This place met our needs perfectly and I will definitely be staying here again.

P.S. I agree with Dan P's review , give these guys a chance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

It certainly seems as though people have had a bad time of it at the Red Carpet, but our experience was not like that at all. We went into the stay with some concern over what we would find based on what we'd read, but we had to go cheap so that made the choice clear.

The service at the front desk and with cleaning staff was excellent. The gentleman at the front desk allowed us to check in nine hours early for a small fee, as we had come from three hours away. He had no trouble in matching us with our reservation through Expedia. He assisted us in getting the admittedly poor internet service to work as well as it could. He was a nice guy, too!

Checking in to our room, we found a clean space with functioning air conditioner, fridge and television. The reception was fine. The bathroom had a very faint odor, but seemed spotless. There were clean towels and accessories. The beds (we were upgraded to two-bed for free after they told us the one-beds were full) were clean and nicely made.

We didn't see any hold, damage, staining or bedbugs. The pool looked nice, and people were swimming in it that night. If we could have had a coffeemaker, a microwave and some coffee we would have been happier, but this place bore no resemblance to the house of horrors other reviewers have described. A second gentleman at the front desk in the morning nearly cried when I told him we would be writing a positive review.

We hope you'll give these guys a chance if you're looking for something cheap and of good value. Maybe there was a change of management, or a radical change of business approach. Either way, these folks had good attitudes and provided good service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there on a trip. It was the worst hotel I've stayed at. I got sick from the smoke in the room. And I was sick the rest of my trip.
Definately the worst hotel I've stayed at but it's the worst

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Canuck Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!