“Watch for hidden costs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview

You added Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview to your Saves list
Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6045 Stanley Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3Y3, Canada (Formerly Falls Plaza Hotel Niagara Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #44 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Watch for hidden costs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011 via mobile

Upon checkin they charge your card for the security deposits. When I questionned this they told me that's how it is. I explained how it works at every other hotel and they could care less. When I asked when the money would be released back into my account, they stated usually 2 weeks. Not what I want to hear when I'm in an expensive vacation area to begin with. After much aggravation with the front desk, we were surprised our room had a large deck. If it wasn't for the deck we probably would have looked elsewhere. It was relatively close to the falls but away from all the commotion. They don't serve coffee in the morning requiring us to get it from the overpriced ihop in the hotel. Upon checkout, they found it the proper time to inform us that there's a 12.00 per day parking charge not included in the room price. Even after speaking with the manager they didn't care and became quite rude. Due to the fact this was our first time visiting we didn't know better, but probably wouldn't stay there again for future visits.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Bought a deal from this hotel through TravelZoo...for 100 we got a room for the night, bussing around Niagara, a $40 voucher to The Keg/East Side Marios or TGIF's, a $20 voucher to Dave & Busters and a $10 voucher to IHop in the main hallway.

We didn't spend that much else while there for the night, the hotel was kept clean, quiet and front desk staff were great and let us check in quite a bit earlier.

I would recommend this deal, or just this hotel to anyone visiting in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Streetsboro, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Room was very nice, clean and spacious. Front desk was friendly. On top of the room price, we had to pay $12 to park our car in the parking lot, and then they wanted to charge $7.95 a day for shuttle service and 6 bottles of water and a snack size bag of popcorn, which they called a "comfort package." Since it was convenient we went to the on premise iHop for breakfast. Both of us had 2 eggs, hash browns, 2 slices of bacon, toast and coffee. Total bill before tip was slightly under $44.00, so be advised if you go there for breakfast it will cost a pretty penny. It was convenient to most attractions. Just watch for extra charges.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel itself is ok. My issue with them is very bad service.
AC was broken when we arrived. Very Hot day. They fixed it, but
it broke two days later on a Saturaday. They didn't fix it. No
explanation either. Didn't sleep that night, room is an oven.
Manger not responding to complaint. So he doesn't care either....
Strongly recommend to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had booked a 2 queen bed room with private balcony for the Canada Day long weekend. When we get to the hotel in the early afternoon, we are told that the room was not ready to come back closer to check in time. We came back just after check in time and the room was still not ready. Finally almost an hour after check in time we were able to check in except that the room I had reserved was not available. Apparently, they were expecting new mattresses to arrive for that room, but it did not come in. They put us up in a room with a King size bed and a pull out couch. I was not happy about this since we were travelling with my son and this would not make for a very comfortable stay (everyone squished into 1 bed). The next day they gave us the room we initially requested. It was okay. The balcony seems a bit dirty. The knobs of the A/C unit did not function. The parking lot absolutely reeked of garbage due to the garbage containers being over-filled from neighbouring restaurants. On the plus side, the hotel was very quiet and the location wasn't too bad. Also, they had quite a bit of kids TV channels which is good if you have kids and weather does not permit any outdoor activities.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I wanted to give some positive feed back about the Ramada. The rooms were a nice size, and newly renovated. Each day the rooms were kept neat by the cleaning staff, but my friend and I kept it fairly neat as well. The floor we were on was very quite. We were on the 7th floor. They had nice flat screen tv's. Coffee maker.. IHop in the hotel but did not eat there. I would recommend to a friend.

The only negative was when I checked in they failed to inform me that my cc would be pre charged for any problems, which I found odd. Needless to say I almost had a heartache when I see the text from my cc company, but when I went to the front desk he immediately informed me what the charges were. I am not used to that, normally hotels ask for a cc in case of damage, not for pre charging them. Also the shower was very slippery almost fell.

All in all my Girly trip was a success. I would stay at this hotel again.

Little insight it is off the beaten bath but walkable to everything. There is a shuttle bus if you want to wait for it, but seriously walking was great! I think we walked about 60 miles in 3 days....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

This hotel seem to have had the room recently renovated, new carpet, good beds. The room air conditioner fan is noisy. Parking at the hotel is extra. At check-in you will be charged for a comfort package that covers the cost of 6 bottles (500ml each) of water and a bag of pre-popped popcorn plus shuttle bus service. You may not need this. You can park free at the casino if you join the players club (free), and bet $10 or more.

It is an okay hotel, nothing special about it.

Room Tip: whirlpool rooms are large. No view (parking lot, or other hotels are all you will see)