“aweful experience!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Michael's Inn By The Falls

You added Michael's Inn By The Falls to your Saves list
Michael's Inn By The Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5599 River Road, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 3H3, Canada   |
Ranked #70 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“aweful experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

the a/c was so loud, it was hard to fall asleep. the weekend we stayed, there was a heavy rain fall. there was a crack in the ceiling that ran from the balcony door to the washroom, which was leaking water. when we asked to switch rooms they refused and offered us free breakfast vouchers, which we already had. terrible customer service and rude management! ended up having to switch hotels (motel 6, which was cleaner and had bigger rooms) because it was so bad!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two night June 21. We booked this through hotwire and received a excellent price. I would not pay more than $75 per night. The hotel is a little outdated but it was clean and the shower had great water pressure with hot water. The location was close to the falls and rainbow bridge. We walked all over Niagra Falls and had a great time. Did not spend a lot of time in the room. Did not try the restaurant so I can not comment on that. However, it was great for us as we did not pay a lot of money to stay in Niagra Falls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Tidy room, however it didn't feel as clean as it seemed very outdated. Not bad for a "motel". Would recommend if your on a budget. I got a groupon for $69. Would not pay more than that for this motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for Canada Day because it is so close to the falls, Staff was very nice, lobby has been updated. Room was a cityview room, very clean, air conditioning good, but the room did seem a bit outdated.It has been under new management for 2 years. The breakfast in the morning is a buffet but for 8.99 it is not worth it plus drinks are extra.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived to find no one at the front desk and it took two atempts to get some one to check us in, when the guy did come out he was not very freindly, first impressions make a difference.
the Lobby was clean but had not atmosphere,and even though there was a bar it was never open. The rooms were clean but in need of decoration very out dated. beware of dangerous showers. Broken chair and very old on balcony,which also could do with painting. would not stay again.

Room Tip: stay closer in town
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I checked out the website and it looks nice and glamorous as though it was a vintage look. Once I got there I felt like I had been bamboozled! It was dingy the room smelt like wet Landry, we opened up the balcony door and the screen dropped out! The sheets seem like they are from the 1920"s all in all it was a horrible experience we checked in late night close to midnight by morning out both eatin curtains let the light shine in so we just got up and checked out. Worst hotel experience EVER!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for a Saturday night girls getaway. We booked through Expedia's deep discounts. I had never heard of this hotel when it popped up on the screen as the hotel we were getting. The outside of the hotel really needs some work however the lobby looks as though it has been updated. Our room had 2 double beds and was kind of in a lower area of the hotel almost like a basement. The room was dated and the wallpaper was peeling in spots but it was probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever been in. Fresh white bedding with no stains and smelled freshly laundered. The beds were super comfy with nice plump pillows! The bathroom tiles were from the 1970's I'm sure but not one stray hair or speck of dust anywhere in that bathroom. The towels were plentiful and also very clean. I have stayed in the Niagara Falls Hilton and it was so dusty in the room I couldn't believe it but this room was immaculate. The air conditioning was a bit on the noisy side but it worked very well. We had a slight problem with the young adults in the room next to ours yelling and screaming at 6:30 in the morning but after calling the front desk (these kids did not stop for over 2 hours and I had had enough) the situation was dealt with immediately (we heard their phone ringing) and they were silent after that. My only true complaint is that I feel I was over charged which may be the fault of Expedia and not Michaels Inn. I heard another couples final bill during check out and it was significantly less than ours. The hotel is in a great location walking distance to everything and I really think they could charge premium rates if they did the much needed upgrades to the property. Parking is $10 but we were able to park there from 1pm when we arrived on Saturday before our room was even ready until 5pm the following day after we had checked out that morning so it was worth it to leave the car there all day and do our sight seeing. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I got a much lower price than we paid this weekend or they did some modernizing. It was ok for one night though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Michael's Inn By The Falls? Share your experiences!