“WOW the marriott was fantastic!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa

You added Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6740 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“WOW the marriott was fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

My husband and I loved everything about this hotel. The kids loved the arcade downstairs and had tons of fun with the other activities they had. The view from our room of the falls on the 7th floor was breathtaking. As soon as I walked into the room words can't describe how I felt. We got the 2 night package deal. The breakfast buffet was yummy. We had breakfast with a full view of the falls from where we were sitting. We also got a dinner voucher with our package which we used toward room service. The food was great. The staff at the hotel were very helpful. We will be staying here again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,266)
  • Hebrew first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

Just thought I would respond after my boyfriend & I stayed at the Marriott last week. We were actually staying and working in Toronto and thought we couldn't miss the opportunity to do Niagara.

Please do not read this review thinking I am a total whinging nutcase - I'm not. I had a great time at Niagara and can't wait to go back, but I just don't want people to be stung and made disappointed over stupid things that all come back to one thing - money!

I booked a one night getaway with whirlpool after reading these reviews and looking through the hotel website. I thought it seemed pricey, but worth it at the time as it's not every day you get to see Niagara Falls from your hotel bedroom, so money is no object!! We did chuckle at the mini bar - you can even purchase the basket that everything sits in for $24!!

Anyway, we arrived at lunchtime on the Friday and it happened to be chucking it down with rain. We didn't feel like traipsing around in the rain so jumped onto the Elite Tour thinking this would be a great way of spending a rainy afternoon seeing the Falls and surrounds. Beware - this tour is a total rip off as we were soon to discover!!

They gave us an irritating tour guide/driver - 'Okey Dokey', who proceeded to race us around the good stuff (Journey behind the falls, Skylon Tower, Butterfly sanctuary) THEN made a 45 minute stop at a crappy souvenier shop that charged double Toronto prices!! Beating the queue at Maid of the Mist wasn't a bonus as it was 7pm and there was no queue anyway!!

All these admission charges add up to no more than approx $50 per person. So the $150 dollars pp that Elite charge just means an expensive bus ride!!!

Back to the hotel: I booked the package on the understanding that we would receive dinner & breakfast . By the way of the dinner package, I didn't expect a five course meal, but I did expect to get at least two courses each. As a previous respondent mentioned, they give you a $75 dollar voucher which just about covers 2 cheapest meals on the menu and nothing else. It was actually one of the foulest meals we've ever had - and I'm not a fussy eater and neither's my bloke!! The waiter (Todd), however, was one of the best waiters I've ever had. I think it would be better if they had a special A la Carte menu for package guests.

We did get to see the fireworks from the restaurant which was great and the reason I booked for the Friday night.

After raising issues with the hotel, they did deduct $75 from our bill, but doing this shouldn't be necessary as it is a once in a lifetime trip and money issues shouldn't cloud it.

Overall, expect to leave the Marriott a little poorer and a little wiser!!

P.s.
Please don't forget to do Niagara on the Lake. It's so quaint!!

Had a fab time in Canada - people are so friendly - can't wait to go back!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

The Fallsview Marriott is a wonderful facility, giving panoramic views of the Falls, well-equipped rooms, courteous service, and generally good facilities.
Where I find fault is in pricing. Across the board. Prime tourist season I can understand, upscale amenities are great, but then there's the gouge factor. $450+ ($cdn) per night in a 15-floor room is beyond upscale expensive, it's a money-grab.
We went for dinner in the hotel (we had a $75 dinner voucher). The food was good, but certainly not exceptional. The bill (before the voucher) came to over $320 ($cdn) for two dinners and a bottle of wine. We would have been further ahead to tear up the voucher, go to the Keg next door, and have a better meal to boot.
Breakfasts were buffet style, with an omelette station, but fairly basic in offerings. They had waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, roasted potatoes, juices, muffins, and some danishes. For $25 ($cdn) per person. For that, I'd be expecting to see at least eggs benedict, pancakes, french toast, some better pastries, hot cereals, and so on.
The Spa (according to my wife) again was very good, but not exceptional, and certainly not worth the $200+ for a facial & pedicure.
$20 per night for valet parking, and the list goes on.
The final bill for our three nights there: over $2000.
Final comment: It's a great place to go if money's no object. The facilities & amenities are great, but the price you pay is way over the top.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2004

Marriott Fallsview lives up to your expectations. Not inexpensive but very well positioned with a great view of the Falls and the service was excellent. We upgraded as did other reviewers and were happy we did. To the 21st floor - great view of the fireworks. Optimal views are probably from 15-18 we looked a little down on the falls. I understand from 15 you can see it from your bed! Restaurant was mediocre and expensive for dinner but breakfast was great and the chef at the custome egg station was great. The tour everyone was raving about was very good but don't plan on taking your time with family photos - they move you through a lot in a little amout of time. This was both good and bad.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2004

The Marriott does it again! We had an amazing experience at the Marriott. The view is amazing. We just stared out of our big window at the falls. We even watched the fireworks that night. The hot tub was a plus. The beds were fantastic, and the room was spotless. Expensive, but worth every penny.

Goffstown, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

My husband and I purchased the 2-night package for the Marriott Fallsview, and we really had a most enjoyable time on our vacation! I read all the reviews posted here to familiarize ourselves with what to expect, and I found all the information from previous travelers to be very useful. We DID get the upgrade song-and-dance at check-in, but it was not a surprise to us thanks to the other reviews. We decided to take the upgrade, and as it turned out it was well worth it. If the girl asks you "are you afraid of heights?" it is a very GOOD thing as she put us on the 21st floor, 2 floors from the top! Our room was wonderful and we have no complaints about it. The view was fantastic and we enjoyed watching the lights and fireworks at night. (fireworks are Friday and Sunday nights)

We used our $75.00 dinner voucher for room service rather than going to the dining room, and we were able to get an appetizer, a HUGE plate of nachos and a cheeseburger and fries, and only went over about $11.00. Yes, it's VERY expensive for food but we didn't want the voucher to go to waste when we had already paid for it. The food was great, by the way.

We also really enjoyed the breakfast buffet for the 2 mornings, for which we also had vouchers. You only have to pay extra for gratuity and the rest is included. They have just about anything you could possibly want for breakfast.... bagels and muffins and cereals, scrambled eggs and waffles, sausage and bacon, yogurt and fruit, and a made-to-order omlette station. The regular price is $25 per person which we would definitely NOT have paid had it not been included in our package.

The hotel is beautiful and I just can't say enough about our room. We had booked a king bed jacuzzi room, but with our upgrade we got all that PLUS a fireplace that was pretty cool because it didn't actually produce heat but had "fake" flames for ambiance. The bathroom is enormous and the tub was just fantastic. There is also a separate shower stall.

The hotel staff seemed fine, although we didn't have too much interaction with them. The girl at check-in was very pleasant, and our waitresses at breakfast were cheerful. The only time we had to call for our car was when we were checking out (we just walked everywhere we needed to go while we were there) and the valet was very nice. So no complaints there! We didn't do the Elite tour, although I have heard many nice things about it.

• Stayed August 2004
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

My girlfriend and I purchased the 2 night Rejuvenating Spa Package for July 28 – 30 2004. After reading many of the reviews on this site I decided that the Marriott was the best hotel in Niagara Falls.

When we first arrived the very nice bellhop opened our door and informed us that there was mandatory valet parking for all guests at the hotel. This struck me as a little odd since there were parking lots around that boasted $5 parking per day. It turns out that the Marriott parking was $20 per day plus tax so I did feel a little bit cheated but hey it is Valet.

As many of the other reviews say when you check into the hotel they immediately try to get you to upgrade your room. I initially ordered the Junior Presidential Suite figuring that I was purchasing the second best room in the place what upgrading would be needed. When I checked in they had the room that I requested but it was only on the 8th floor of a 23 floor hotel. The clerk told me that I could upgrade to the 18th floor for $75 dollars and I naturally said yes. It turns out that the $75 dollars that he quoted me was American money (everything else quoted was in the Canadian dollar) and it was a per night charge. Of course I only realized this at the end of the trip and what’s done is done.

When we got up to our room it was amazing. I never got to look at the view from the 8th floor but the one from the 18th was breathtaking. My girlfriend and I were blown away. Since we got a suite every night we sat in the living room with the fireplace on (the fireplace is super tacky) listening to the falls through a screen since you can’t open up the windows. The rest of the room was very nice too, especially the Jacuzzi tub. The jets were a little weak but it was still very nice. The hotel’s webpage did say that you could see the falls from your tub but that was impossible since the windows were nowhere near the bathroom and you are 18 stories above the falls, but it was still very nice.

When you purchase one of the packages from Marriott you get your meals included in your package. At least that is what we thought. We went to breakfast both mornings at the Terrapin Grill and it was OK, I have had better for the $25 price tag that they were charging. The real scam was at dinner. When you check into the hotel they give you vouchers and one of them is for a $75 certificate for dinner at the Terrapin Grill. Now I understand that $75 isn’t going to buy you a great meal but it should at least take off a little of the burn. When we sat down we were dumbfounded by the prices of the food $30+ for a pasta dish is absurd, and I quickly realized that the $75 dollars that was given to you for a voucher was more of a scam than a deal. Together my fiancé (I proposed to her before the meal) and I had 2 glasses of house wine, a fried calamari appetizer (it was very small and cold), and 2 pasta dishes (neither of them were very good). The total bill came to $183. I was absolutely shocked that even with the voucher I have to pay $108 plus tip for a meal that consisted of Chef Boyardee. The waiter was very nice though and gave us a free desert since we had just gotten engaged. There was also a guy going table to table showing Magic trick’s. This isn’t the kind of thing that I would expect at a nice restaurant.

There were 2 things that you got in the package that were very good. The first was the massage. I think this was the highlight of the trip for my fiancé. She got a 55 minute aromatherapy massage and loved every second of it. She told me that everything in the Spa was perfect and that she would recommend it to anyone. The second was the Shuttle passes. It brought you from the front of the Marriott to the old casino. It was very helpful to walk all day and to know that you don’t have to walk or take a cab back and the drivers were always very professional.

If you are still reading this you probably think that I dislike this hotel. The truth is that it is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in and my fiancé & I had an incredible time. Both of us plan on going there again next year. It just bothered me that I payed for a package deal and it felt like the hotel was taking more and more money out of my pocket every 2 seconds. The price that they quoted me was in the mid $700 CAD plus tax. My final bill was $1105.15 (tax included). This is a pretty sizeable difference. Also the US dollar prices on the website are incredibly wrong. At today’s conversion rate .78 – 1 the US prices were off by around $200.

If you are thinking about staying at the Marriott Fallsview I encourage you to do so. Just make sure to be prepared to pay additional costs for the hotel and stay away from the Terrapin Grill at dinnertime.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!