“Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6740 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 139 hotels in Niagara Falls
San Antonio, Texas
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I've stayed at many hotels and this stay was disappointing. We looked on-line prior to choosing this hotel and believed we would have an excellent stay and planned to spend extra for the room overlooking the Falls. Upon arrival, we were advised that despite having a Fallsview room, we would not be able to see the Canada Day fireworks unless we upgraded to a more expensive floor. The valet area was so busy that we elected the self-park to have easier access to our car when needed as it was the same price as Valet ($35/day). The staff was friendly. Also, there was a tour operator in the hotel lobby trying to sell tour packages for $135/per person for views of the tours and other attractions. She misrepresented that there would be up to two hour waits for attractions, such as the boat ride into the Falls, that actually had no wait at all on a national holiday at mid-day.

Room Tip: Expect to pay a lot for the view and choose a higher floor room. The trees are high enough on the 7...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

3,341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Stayed here two nights for a work conference. Room was nice, bed was comfortable. Front staff were ok, I tried to check in early (around 1:30) and was told I could sit in the waiting area by the Starbucks while they checked with housekeeping. I sat for a hour before going up and asking again. Eventually I ended up getting into my room right at regular check in. River view is a pretty mediocre view. A bit of water and a parking lot. I did not have a car but noted that parking is valet only and $35 per day. Overall a nice hotel but fairly expensive. Location a little out of the way for Niagara's attractions.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am a Marriott Rewards holder so my husband and I always travel and stay at Marriotts. in fact prior to arriving at this Marriott we stayed at the one in Buffalo.I was so disappointed in the Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel and Spa. So much so that we decided to leave early and head home.
They nickel and dime you for every single thing which is not usual for Marriotts. The Marriott in Buffalo we had free wi-fi and bottled water in the room. Here at the Fallsview, we have to pay extra for wi-fi or you have to go down to the lobby. It is 2014- what hotel does not give free wi-fi in the guests room?????? Parking- we can go down the road and pay 5.00 at the Casino for the day, where Marriott cahrges $30 a day- really??? Bottled water was over 6 if you opened the one in your room again 2014 what hotel does not give free bottled water. It is these little things that turn a guest off and why I will not return to here.
The only thing that this hotel has to offer in the view of the falls and that is it. The rooms are outdated and need to be updated. The bathrooms are old and the showers are small. When we arrived we had hair on the tile of the shower and it remained there for the 2 days that we were there, so I don't know how well they are cleaning their rooms.
The beds are not comfortable, the mattress was very thin.
Please know that I am not one of those people that find things wrong but I was so disappointed with every aspect of my stay at the Marriott. When I went to the front desk to complain about the WI-fi and bottled water, the employee agreed with me 100%.
The restaurant was terrible, I had the lobster fettuccine and it was drenched with terrible sauce. My husband had the steak and it was very tough. Again, not cheap prices so I would expect a great meal.
I have never had to write a review like this but Marriott needs to do some re-thinking on policies here and I would suggest you find another hotel.

Room Tip: The views are good but that is all this hotel can offer.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ringwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had one day to do Niagara Falls and decided to stay at this special hotel. The views looked stunning in its reviews. We were finally able to get the car into the valet car park area, very busy parking area and went to check in. We were offers an upgraded room (higher level) which we agreed (choice of 20th floor vs 6th floor - no brainer).

Views were stunning and the room very good - large with a separate sitting area that overlooked the falls and the rest of the Niagara Falls experiences.

Room Tip: You need a falls view room to make this a worthwhile trip.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

So, we stayed in this hotel in the first week of June 2014. We arrived around 5 pm and were promptly accommodated by the squared away front desk staff. We received a room on the 20th floor with a breathtaking view of the horseshoe falls and the American falls. I was so happy when I pulled back those curtains.The beds were comfy with an ample amount of pillows. (I like extra) The Valet staff were professional and friendly no matter how many times I asked them to retrieve my car.The hotel had a fair an easily accessible money exchange system. I had an overall positive experience and would stay here again. It was close to the falls visitor center and all the Clifton Hill "touristy" attractions. We had a car so we ventured out to Niagara on the lake area. It was just a beautiful little town. Much more grown up and scenic than the Clifton hill area. I would highly recommend and have recommended this hotel to others. You can't go wrong staying at this Marriott.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get a Fallsview room.
hot springs, arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great place to stay! The view of the Falls will take your breath away!! When we walked into the room it was just OH MY GOODNESS, LOOK AT THAT.The hotel staff was unbelievable. They made suggestions about what to do and how to get around that saved us a lot of time. There is a nice gift shop with some souvenirs that other places did not have. You HAVE to take the tram down to the visitor center to see the fireworks !!

Room Tip: You MUST get a Falls View Room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at this Marriott in mid-June 2014 and it is worth its ranking, without question. We stayed in room 827, and our view of both the Horseshoe and American Falls could not have been better. Our room was on the side of the building closest to the Horseshoe Falls, and the view was spectacular, but it also appeared that all the rooms faced the Falls, so I doubt there was a bad view to be had anywhere in the hotel. The pool area had a great hot tub. There were actually two hot tubs, one very near the pool, and one is a separate room just to the left of the pool. The one to the left avoided the noise from the pool and seemed less used, so more private, so I preferred it over the other.

Another favorable comment to offer about Marriott, one that applies to both of our recent Marriott stays - one in Times Square and one in Niagara Falls. Marriott has a “Check In” smartphone Ap that we used at both hotels. I think it is relatively new, but am not 100% sure on that. I was able to check in about 24 hours before arrival, and when we arrived they had a little packet ready for us, complete with room keys. So, we truly were “checked in”. This was particularly important in Niagara Falls, as we didn’t arrive until around mid-night. I was concerned with arriving that late, that all the good view rooms would be gone, or worse yet, they would have overbooked and we would have been out in the cold. So being able to pre-check in was a great feature. I even called the hotel at around 2pm that afternoon to make sure the Ap worked, and they had us all set, and even told me we were already in room 827. We had a similar positive experience in Times Square, we arrived at about 3pm, our little packet was waiting for us, and we had a great room with a view of Times Square. I told my wife that I think this “check in” Ap is a new thing, and that they gave us good rooms for using it, so we would do exactly what I am doing now and say good things about it on-line. If that was Marriott’s angle, I am very happy to oblige

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!