Stayed here for two nights over the weekend and were very impressed with the service. It was top notch all the way through.
First, important thing to know is that the incline railway is out of service, as it's being completely renovated. What that means is that it is at least a 20 minute walk all the way down to Murray Street and then down the hill to Victoria Place, then back along the river to Table Rock and Journey Behind the Falls. (Once the incline railway reopens, you could jump on it basically right behind the hotel and it drops you right at Table Rock and the information center.) It's downhill all the way and uphill all the way back and it was impossible for us to find a cab, so just be aware.
The room design is good -- we had a fallsview king room and it was quite large with lots of floor space to roll out my yoga mat. It was also great to have the opening above the Jacuzzi (that does have doors, if you want to close them), so you could still see the view when you're brushing your teeth at the sink (the shower and toilet are in a different, enclosed room).
Our main frustration with the room is that the door that connected to the next room was very easy to hear our neighbors through. The first night, the poor lady next door coughed ALL NIGHT and it was difficult to get to sleep. The second night, a family with what sounded like twelve kids checked in next door and I could hear every word they said. I've been meaning to update my profile with Marriott to request no adjoining rooms, and this was definitely the final push to have me do that!
Our room was on the 5th floor and the view was just ok. We could see part of the American Falls and then a very small part of the Horseshoe Falls between the trees. Don't get me wrong, it's the best view I've ever had from a hotel room, but they ask $399 per night for these rooms because of the view and the view from the 5th floor is just not worth that. The front desk did offer to upgrade us to a two level suite for an additional $200/night, but we declined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Fallsview Niagara Falls Hotel & Spa has the enviable distinction as being the closest hotel to Niagara Falls. As the area's premiere AAA Four Diamond, five-star luxury hotel in Niagara Falls, this Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel overlooks the majestic waterfalls and is located just minutes away from a variety of exciting attractions and casinos, as well as the Scotiabank Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel And Spa
- Niagara Falls Marriott