My wife and I with extended family recently booked this hotel through Groupon. I have always been skeptical about some of these “deals” because of their ratings on this site. Upon arrival we were greeted by staff that immediately found our reservation and offered the usual “upgrade” which we declined on this trip. My worries started, and my mind raced to the shabby, musty smelling rooms I have endured in the past when I have turned down such promotions. However, to my surprise when we arrived at our room we were greeted with a spectacular view of the falls. The room itself was clean but seemed to be a bit dated. One big positive we had too many towels. Another bonus - traveling with family and requiring two rooms we were surprised to receive adjoining rooms (a nice touch) and we did not have to pay extra.
The pool area is fairly large and spacious but in need of a little TLC, with two hot tubs, steam room and dry sauna. Workout equipment seemed to be clean and modern. Staff seemed to want to keep the property clean and tidy – something I did not experience on an earlier trip to a Marriott in Miami.
As for getting a great “deal” hotels find ways of making a profit. Parking at the hotel is valet, and cost $30.00 per day. You may park your car yourself but it is still $30.00 per day. One nice touch with valet, when in need of your vehicle just call the front desk 15 minutes beforehand and it’s waiting for you. Our Groupon deal included meal credits to use at the hotel’s restaurant overlooking the falls. Again be prepared to spend, main dishes started at around $20.00 for pasta with meat sauce and salads start at $9.99. For the best views I suggest reservations. Breakfast buffet was about $20.00 as well but was covered under our plan. Food for the two meals was adequate and service was great.
Overall our experience when combined with the view was impressive. If one wants to save money other parking and dining options are within walking distance but will not offer the same level of service or priceless views.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Marriott Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Fallsview Niagara Falls Hotel & Spa has the enviable distinction as being the closest hotel to Niagara Falls. As the area's premiere AAA Four Diamond, five-star luxury hotel in Niagara Falls, this Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel overlooks the majestic waterfalls and is located just minutes away from a variety of exciting attractions and casinos, as well as the Scotiabank Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.