“Can't quite put my finger on it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6740 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 138 hotels in Niagara Falls
Tampa, Florida
“Can't quite put my finger on it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I typically stay at the Hilton down the street but thought I would try something different.

The weather was terrible, so it was nice to have a dry place to drop the car. The valet area is large and the service there was good.

Inside I was a bit surprised to see a fairly large stain on the main entry rug. By morning most of the weather tracks and such on the lobby floor were gone, but the stain remained. In a Marriott, I was a little surprised. It's interesting the type of tone that can be set by the outside, entry and lobby.

This is a nice hotel and typcially I would get very comfortable here, but all I found on the beds were the mush pillows. It seems doubtful that anyone working at hotels actually sleeps with this type of pillow, so why are the so common? In any event, I never got comfortable (in a pretty nice fallsview room), so I did not sleep well. I highly value sleep during business travel.

I ask about the best places to eat and found it a little intereting that the front desk suggestions were all off property. Hats off for being honest.

While they treated me very well, the staff was certainly professional and this is a nice hotel, I will probably try something else for my next stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

3,085 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
surfinginflorida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with a Travel Zoo coupon – I will address each of the “benefits” that were included in our purchase. First, for sure pay the extra $20 to get a Falls View. We were upgraded to a suite that had a nice whirlpool bath for two and a separate sitting area. The view was amazing; we just spent the night looking out over the falls. The bathroom was nice, except for the shower area which was a little dark and small. The bed was comfortable, but our room was extremely hot. After reviewing other reviews, I see that room temperature is a constant problem. Service was wonderful, after we checked in, Charlene called us to make sure our room was okay. Valet was awesome. Parking is expensive; suggestions by other reviewers to park in the Fallsview Casino parking lot is a great idea – it was $5 versus the $25 we paid. Plus they add several taxes, so it actually ends up costing closer to $30. A previous reviewer mentioned that some of these taxes are optional; wish I would have read that beforehand because the additional fees are incredible! Taxes and parking added up to over $60 for one night on top of the $209 we paid for the Travel Zoo Voucher. We were a little frustrated with all these fees so we cancelled our second night at the hotel and moved to the US side, which saved us over $200 for the night (but we missed the view!)
Now about the value of the Travel Zoo options. First, $40 off at the restaurant Terrapin Grille. I had read other reviews, and had not planned on going there because the reviews were poor. But they said we could use it for room service, which we did. I’m reviewing the restaurant separately, but even with the coupon our bill was $40 – mostly delivery charges, taxes and fees and tip. And it was poor quality, except for the Marriott Burger. We did not use the $40 spa credit. The breakfast for two included all taxes and fees, and was good and included fresh fruits and a made to order omelet station. The $50 in casino credit was nice, and if you are a new Seneca casino member you get an additional $10 per person in credit. The WeGo ticket is useful if you don’t want to walk to and from the Falls; we didn’t activate ours. We also used the wine tasting coupons valued at $40 and the winery tour tickets valued at $10; they actually saved us $30 not $50.
We had a great stay; this would be rated a 5 if it wasn't for the heating/ac isses.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get a view room
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is fantastic, the location is great, the rooms are exceptional (especially if you have a Fallsview Room)
From check in to check out this hotel was great, we will definitely be returning. We go to Niagara Falls frequently and from now on this will be one of our top picks.
The pool and hot tubs are so nice, the valet parking is easy and stress free!! We could even pack up our car on check out and leave it there while we walked around Niagara Falls.
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious.
Check in and out was quick, the staff are very efficient.
Todd the restaurant manager is great, very helpful!!
We were here with a teenager and a group of family members and everybody was pleased with our stay. This will definitely be our meeting place for the next family get together and hopefully we can stay longer next time!!
I highly recommend this hotel, we've stayed in the area at other hotels but found the Marriott Fallsview to be the nicest.

Room Tip: Ask for a Fallsview....if possible 10th Floor, the view is incredible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toronto,Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my first time ever getting a Fallsview Room and first tiem staying at the Marriott. Friends and co-workers had suggested this hotel to me as they said it is a terrific place. They were so right on the money.
We took the bus from Toronto to Niagara Falls, cheaper than driving there and back and paying $25 a night for parking. The feel when we walked into the lobby was great. We felt welcomed and not out of place. The front desk staff were pleasant and very nice, went over the package we had booked. Travelzoo package. The room was fantastic having a huge King Size Bed, Fireplace, Jacuzzi. We were on the 22nd floor and the view of The Falls was spectacular. I could sit there all day admiring the beautiful view of The Falls. The bed was comfy and the pillows, 6 of them, were great. Not a bad night of sleep, two nights. The breakfast buffet at the Terrapin Grille was very good. It was busy and it took only 10 minutes to get seated. The hotel is clean top to bottom, great housekeeping too.The Bellhop was great. We dropped off our bags to go do stuff after checking out seen as our bus home was at 3pm, he said "That is what you should be doing, enjoying Niagara Falls on your last day. Go enjoy for me too." Great staff you have there, I will be returning no quetions asked.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a nice hotel for the most part. We were here for 3 days 2 nights. Parking was a hassle considering it was so cold and rainy. We originally had planned to park @ the Fallsview Casino for $10 a day but it was so cold to walk 2 blocks to get back to our hotel so we ended up paying the $25 a day @ the hotel to park. The room was super clean and cozy. The view was amazing we were on the 14th FL.. Definitely worth paying a little extra for the fallsview window. Its nice to wake up to such a beautiful view. I originally read here that the food was not that great for the price so we ate elsewhere. The first night we had dinner at this Italian place right near the hotel called Zappis.. and it was pretty good and reasonably priced. I would reccomend to carry canadian $ to get a better price for stuff. For breakfeast we ate @ the Dennys which is also near the hotel and it was not great and over priced. Due to the rainy/weather we went to the Fallsview Indoor water park and it was pretty nice. The kids really enjoyed themselves. They have a planet hollywood beach restaurant right inside of the park.. The food again was average.. and overpriced. We had to pay $25 to park here.. Parking was very expensive everywhere we went.. Due to the rain we had to drive.. even to view the falls upclose we had to pay $15 to park!!!! We also went to the Fallsview casino at night and it was nice.. to my surprise the drinks were good and they were not expensive ex: pina colada was $6. and it was yummy :)

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa,Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Marriott, I would like to start off by saying this was the WORSE EXPERIENCE at a Hotel that we've experienced and we travel internationally as well!! To start things off when we pulled up in front of the hotel the valet parking attendant asked us "repeatedly" if we were at the "right hotel"?? He even went as far as stating what the "address" was, really??? Finally with convincing he took our vehicle and we went inside. Upon going inside the front desk attendant was "very short" with us and rushing us through our reservation details (we had booked through Travelzoo). Needless to say this didn't start off on a good note...the other staff at the hotel were pleasant. As I was looking over our "final bill" I noticed that there were "additional cost" added on our bill. I approached Michael (who was in training) and he was attempting to explain it to me when Jessica piped into our conversation and spoke to me like I didn't know what I was talking about!! I spoke to her and advised that I didn't know there were additional taxes and that I thought that I had paid for them via travelzoo. She was curt and very un professional and said "No, this is your bill"...I am quite disappointed with our over all experience we've NEVER been treated with such disrespect in our travels thus far and wanted to share our experience....we will NOT return again!

South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Fallsview for two nights, April 8th and 9th. It was my wife’s birthday, of course I won’t say which one, but most people consider it a biggy. We hadn’t been to Niagara Falls, so we decided to cross it off our bucket list and did a lot of research on TA and other travel sites. It’s about a seven and a half hour drive from Southern NJ through some very scenic countryside. Our check-in was quick and easy. Lawrence at the front desk was very friendly and efficient. He offered us an upgrade to a preferred floor but told us we would be on the 9th floor with a falls view even without the upgrade, so we declined. We had done our homework and knew about the valet charge for parking, the fee for in-room internet, and the fees added to the bill. I have to agree with a recent reviewer, the internet fee is ridiculous, especially since you can go down to the lobby where it’s free! Marriott needs to re-think this one.
Our room was great and the view was spectacular. I can’t imagine it being any better on a higher floor. The weather was clear when we arrived, so we decided to walk down to the falls. Big mistake! It’s about a half-mile walk, even though the hotel is right on the falls. The problem is that the incline train is being totally renovated and the “skywalk” out the back of the hotel is also closed. So, you have to walk down to Murray Street past the casino, then down to the Parkway, and then over to the falls. Of course, when we got to the falls, it started to rain. We tried to figure out the “We Go” bus system, but it’s way to confusing. There’s a blue line, red line, green line etc. with each having its own scheduled stops. So we walked back up to the hotel in the rain. The next day we drove down, even though the weather was much more cooperative that day. The $15.00 (US or CA) parking fee seems a bit steep, but I guess the falls are worth it.
We visited the Butterfly Conservatory and highly recommend it. The entrance fee is $15.26 each (plus $5.00 parking) because we didn’t have a coupon. We were told you can get them through the casinos. I was expecting to see a few butterflies of various species, but there were literally thousands. My wife’s only disappointment was that we didn’t have our six year-old granddaughter with us to see it.
We had the buffet breakfast both days at the Terrapin Grill and it was pretty good with a reasonable selection and a very good omelet station. Over the last several weeks, we’ve been lucky enough to experience fantastic buffet breakfasts at a resort in Mexico and then after our return home at a local restaurant on Eater Sunday, so we were a bit spoiled regarding buffets by the time we reached the Marriott. We had the $40.00 voucher for dinner but didn’t use it. Applebees is a block away and the prices there, even considering the voucher, are easier to take. There are several other dinner options within easy walking distance of the hotel.
The Maid of the Mist wasn’t running yet. We heard it was scheduled to start on April 13th, so that’s a good reason for us to return. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valet service was quick and efficient. The room was clean and nice, and housekeeping was very good. We will recommend the Marriott Fallsview to our friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!