We have stayed at this property several times in the past five years and always enjoy its pleasant staff and overall cleanliness. However last month we stayed overnight on a weekend and was surprised the little on-site convenience store was closed by 6 pm as was the Starbucks coffee kiosk. As usual, the bar adjacent to check-in with a nice view of the Falls was empty most of the day and early evening and I'm sure it has something to do with the very high prices for a glass of wine or a beer. What was most disconcerting was the in-house marketing incentive of dinner at the Terrapin Grille with a large discount to enjoy, which is a fallacy. This restaurant is so-over-the-top expensive that you are actually paying FULL price for your meal and the 'discount' is meaningless. We refused to even order an appetizer and left the restaurant and our server looked astonished as apparently people will mumble about the prices but no-one seems to actually do something about it - such as leave. We assured her it was definitely not her fault. We did notice there was a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse across the street which is also very pricey but it wasn't yet open. As it was a rainy/snowy night we walked next door to the Keg, secured a lovely window table, enjoyed nice wine and lobster dinner - at a fraction of the price at the Marriott.
Otherwise, the room was very clean, the view from the 21st floor was wonderful but we are used to sleeping with our bedroom window open and most hotels have either little vents for fresh air or you have to adjust the thermostat to not have hot/cold air blowing in your face all night. I understand why hotels do this but it's not always to the benefit of the paying customer.
We will continue to stay at the Marriott as it's become a familiar haunt and it is close to the Casino where we can be assured to lose any money saved! As an aside, the Casino was 'very tight' with paying machines. New OLG rules - or just slow times?
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Marriott Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Fallsview Niagara Falls Hotel & Spa has the enviable distinction as being the closest hotel to Niagara Falls. As the area's premiere AAA Four Diamond, five-star luxury hotel in Niagara Falls, this Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel overlooks the majestic waterfalls and is located just minutes away from a variety of exciting attractions and casinos, as well as the Scotiabank Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.