“Incredible view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6740 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Rogers, Arkansas
“Incredible view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Oh my gosh- the view from our room was incredible. You felt like you could touch the falls. The breakfast was fantastic- breakfast buffet was to die for!! We checked in about 11 pm because of a late flight, and the bellmen were "resting" and couldn't stop visiting with each to do their job, I thought oh no, but once u got past them, the people at the front desk were great! I couldn't get the coke machine to work, and the manager went and got me TWO! The rooms were so clean. This as a perfect place to stay!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,220)
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in early August 2012 during a brief stay in Niagara Falls. This is a lovely, well-located hotel with a tremendous view of the Canadian falls. Valet parking was convenient and hassle-free. The checkin staff were friendly and helpful and the waitress at dinner was pleasantly-mannered and attentive without being overbearing or intrusive. The food was beautifully-presented and delicious. Breakfast was OK, a fairly ordinary buffet and the waitress on duty was nothing special. Checkout was efficient and we were able to leave our bags and car at the hotel while we spent some time at the falls.
My biggest criticism of this hotel is the lack of free wi-fi. When you're paying $350 a night, there are some things you expect to be included. If starbucks can offer free wi-fi for a customer spending $3, surely a Marriott can.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed last weekend with my best friend (girls trip), to Niagara and she decide to booked this hotel... What an excellent choice she made!!!!

Our check in was made by Charlene, very quick and easy... She explained ALL what need to know about the hotel and service, when we arrive to the our room 2018 this has an AMAZING view, although there was a little mist, we enjoy this a lot!!!

The room is very spacious, clean and the beds very so comfy... Just a quick recommendation, the AC should be a little colder:(!

After we decide to attend the wine testing and dinner in the restaurant/bar area... ALL the staff as sooo friendly, nice and accommodating, THANK YOU TO Anna, Coulette and Todd, who treat us like a queens... XOXO!

I work in the Industry and, because of that, I have a critical eye, specially in the service provided, because I understand that people is the asset that make difference in any property, after this been said, I WILL DEFINITELY WILL COME BACK TO THIS BEAUTIFUL HOTEL IN A HEART BIT!!!

Thank you ALL!

Isabel & Terry

Room Tip: Room 2018 have a beautiful view to the falls!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Greenbank, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place still sticks in my mind after over a year has passed. We had a King size whirlpool suite fairly high up (9th floor or so) and the view was to die for. If I didn't live on the other side of the country from this hotel, I would go back regularly. The room was very nice, the help gave fantastic service, and we totally loved our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gardendale, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa in August and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. We did receive an upgrade with view of the Falls which was fantastic. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade, if there is a room available, they will try to accommodate. Higher floors have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Earth City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This review is long overdue. We stayed here for our 10th anniversary in August, and Marriot's staffs made the celebration unforgettable. They reserved us a beautiful and quiet room, with an amazing view of the Fall. Their breakfast was sumptuous, and likewise with their dinner course.Thank you, Marriot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Let me just preface with saying I would have probably rated 5 star if not for the uncooperative Front Desk Manager Elena in regards to the whole "DMF"/"TIFF"/"DMDF" fee scam (the scam fees soured the experience a little as well but I will elaborate).

Okay so, let me proceed : ) The Hotel actually is a very nice property. Charlene@the Front Desk was extremely helpful upon check-in helping us with upgrading to a higher floor/higher class room on the 17th Fl. from the 9th Fl. For $30/night upgrade it was definitely worth it for us. The room was nice, it had a "sitting" area near the windows, and there was also a cool looking, electric fireplace.

The hot tub is nice & big and able to accommodate the both of us : ) The lighting controls are a TAD funky, as they are just not logically laid out. No biggie but I just found it odd :shrugs: We decided to rent an "on-demand" movie one night & I was a little surprised at the old, analog TV cable system.. the signal clarity/quality is extremely poor. In today's day & age, especially if you're going to have HD flatscreens in the rooms, this Marriot is in desperate need of an HD upgrade as far as the TV/Cable systems. Again, not a big deal at all, I just happen to work in the Audio-Visual field so I already have a critical eye for these things 0= )

The Pool & hotubs were nice to dip in for a minute, although I will confirm past reviewers' reporting high levels of chlorine, which honestly while reading those reviews I was a little skeptical but it is true, my eyes were burning & could not partake for too long. Additionally, the area is (as of November) under construction. Just a heads up if that might be an issue for anybody.

Breakfast was very nice as well, no complaints what so ever here : ) The omelette guys were great, our server Steve was super friendly & helpful. As it is not too varied however, I could see one tiring of the selection after several days or more (we were there 2 days).

On-site parking. Yes, $25/night CAD is a little steep in my opinion, but hey.. convenience comes at a cost :-/ We thought it best though as we just parked the car for the duration & that was the easiest course of action in our opinion.

Now, onto the disappointing aspect of not only our stay/experience@the Marriot, but with the businesses in general in regards to the fees I mentioned up top, the "TMF/TIFF/DMDF"s. Now, I am & was fully aware that these "fees" are optional, and I contacted our Travel Agent to see if she could assist with helping us recoup that portion of what we paid. We received instruction from Barbara in Reservations to speak to the Front Desk manager upon check out & they would take care of that for us. Upon arrival I inquired with Charlene@the front desk as well and she confirmed that YES, they could do that, and that YES, it would be done upon check out.

Upon check out though it was an entirely different story. Elena was ADAMANT that those fees could & WOULD not be refunded. I explained to her everything I just reported here, and received about 3 excuses about why she would not, or "could not" refund the fees. I asked to speak to the "Front Desk Manager" (per Barbara) and sure enough the reply was, "I am the Front Desk manager" .. naturally :rollseyes: Well I was adamant as well, and pressed her to AT LEAST refund the fees pertaining to our incidental & parking charges, which she eventually, reluctantly agreed to.

I am in no way a "nickel & dime" kind of guy, we do not skimp on our travel & accommodations .. but its the principle of it. I mean lets be honest, this fee has THREE different aliases, and businesses will NOT notify you about it .. it just felt very "scammish" and deceitful. I must echo sentiment from the Ontario Forum here that if those businesses really need that additional %3 revenue, than just be honest and transparent about it & raise your rates instead of disguising this fee with three different names & keeping it secret. Really Niagara Falls/Ontario? I must say however that the Restaurants we dined at would remove this fee at our request with no hassle and a smile.

All in all it was a fun trip & stay, and I hate to sound "tight" about this "fee" issue as it really is nominal but again, its the principle of it, and my own principles & morals prevent me from tolerating or accepting with ease how they try to get you with those fees. I wouldn't let this deter anyone from visiting, just reporting & offering my opinion on it : )

Happy Travels my fellow travelers!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!