“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa

You added Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6740 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Earth City, Missouri
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This review is long overdue. We stayed here for our 10th anniversary in August, and Marriot's staffs made the celebration unforgettable. They reserved us a beautiful and quiet room, with an amazing view of the Fall. Their breakfast was sumptuous, and likewise with their dinner course.Thank you, Marriot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,266)
  • Hebrew first
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Let me just preface with saying I would have probably rated 5 star if not for the uncooperative Front Desk Manager Elena in regards to the whole "DMF"/"TIFF"/"DMDF" fee scam (the scam fees soured the experience a little as well but I will elaborate).

Okay so, let me proceed : ) The Hotel actually is a very nice property. Charlene@the Front Desk was extremely helpful upon check-in helping us with upgrading to a higher floor/higher class room on the 17th Fl. from the 9th Fl. For $30/night upgrade it was definitely worth it for us. The room was nice, it had a "sitting" area near the windows, and there was also a cool looking, electric fireplace.

The hot tub is nice & big and able to accommodate the both of us : ) The lighting controls are a TAD funky, as they are just not logically laid out. No biggie but I just found it odd :shrugs: We decided to rent an "on-demand" movie one night & I was a little surprised at the old, analog TV cable system.. the signal clarity/quality is extremely poor. In today's day & age, especially if you're going to have HD flatscreens in the rooms, this Marriot is in desperate need of an HD upgrade as far as the TV/Cable systems. Again, not a big deal at all, I just happen to work in the Audio-Visual field so I already have a critical eye for these things 0= )

The Pool & hotubs were nice to dip in for a minute, although I will confirm past reviewers' reporting high levels of chlorine, which honestly while reading those reviews I was a little skeptical but it is true, my eyes were burning & could not partake for too long. Additionally, the area is (as of November) under construction. Just a heads up if that might be an issue for anybody.

Breakfast was very nice as well, no complaints what so ever here : ) The omelette guys were great, our server Steve was super friendly & helpful. As it is not too varied however, I could see one tiring of the selection after several days or more (we were there 2 days).

On-site parking. Yes, $25/night CAD is a little steep in my opinion, but hey.. convenience comes at a cost :-/ We thought it best though as we just parked the car for the duration & that was the easiest course of action in our opinion.

Now, onto the disappointing aspect of not only our stay/experience@the Marriot, but with the businesses in general in regards to the fees I mentioned up top, the "TMF/TIFF/DMDF"s. Now, I am & was fully aware that these "fees" are optional, and I contacted our Travel Agent to see if she could assist with helping us recoup that portion of what we paid. We received instruction from Barbara in Reservations to speak to the Front Desk manager upon check out & they would take care of that for us. Upon arrival I inquired with Charlene@the front desk as well and she confirmed that YES, they could do that, and that YES, it would be done upon check out.

Upon check out though it was an entirely different story. Elena was ADAMANT that those fees could & WOULD not be refunded. I explained to her everything I just reported here, and received about 3 excuses about why she would not, or "could not" refund the fees. I asked to speak to the "Front Desk Manager" (per Barbara) and sure enough the reply was, "I am the Front Desk manager" .. naturally :rollseyes: Well I was adamant as well, and pressed her to AT LEAST refund the fees pertaining to our incidental & parking charges, which she eventually, reluctantly agreed to.

I am in no way a "nickel & dime" kind of guy, we do not skimp on our travel & accommodations .. but its the principle of it. I mean lets be honest, this fee has THREE different aliases, and businesses will NOT notify you about it .. it just felt very "scammish" and deceitful. I must echo sentiment from the Ontario Forum here that if those businesses really need that additional %3 revenue, than just be honest and transparent about it & raise your rates instead of disguising this fee with three different names & keeping it secret. Really Niagara Falls/Ontario? I must say however that the Restaurants we dined at would remove this fee at our request with no hassle and a smile.

All in all it was a fun trip & stay, and I hate to sound "tight" about this "fee" issue as it really is nominal but again, its the principle of it, and my own principles & morals prevent me from tolerating or accepting with ease how they try to get you with those fees. I wouldn't let this deter anyone from visiting, just reporting & offering my opinion on it : )

Happy Travels my fellow travelers!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I got upgraded to the Presidential Suite and could not be happier on the lovely location I stayed at. My room's full view glass faced the Falls and the view was indeed spectacular. I visited the Falls in the summer so I had no desire to go outside but decided to stay inside and enjoy the amenities, catch up on my readings and meditation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This place is in the far south section of the hotel rows in Fallsview Blvd. There is a downhill car - excellent shortcut to the falls. Unfortunately, it was closed for repairs (and I believe it closes in October as well). If you watch what you eat, this area is a problem. Lots of junk food. For an affordable, non-buffet breakfast, try the Konika Tower Hotel a block away. Nice cute place at the lobby and everyone gets what they want. Go online and get the Adventure Pass which includes 2 days of their shuttle service around the various attractions. Plan your days to maximize this service. This is my third time to the falls, the first with my family in ~20 years and I notice a “Vegas” slant to it. Casinos (I understand the need for revenue streams) but the loud music taking over the streets coming out of Margaritaville?!? I was expecting a Canadian experience not an American in-your-face, loud, over the top experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a falls view room, it is worth it. (Life is short....splurge a little).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Bought a deal for a night stay here for two rooms. The hotel and rooms are a little bit of an older fashioned style, but it was clean and classy. The staff was kind and hospitable. Valet parking was a bit pricey and backed up at times. There's a Starbucks in the lobby and the on-site restaurant is pricey but absolutely delicious with an amazing fallsview. The beds were super comfy, and the fallsview from the rooms was phenomenal. Heating in the room was adjustable, worked well and quietly. Just a note that the walls are fairly thin, and you can hear the people in the room beside you. Breakfasts are costly around the falls (including the hotel restaurant and the IHOP across the street), the cheapest breakfast we found was at the Casino Niagara's Grand Buffet, and it was delicious. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Fallsview rooms are wonderful! We had two rooms on the tenth floor in the 1001-1005 range and they w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ONTARIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have just returned from this Hotel. I asked for a higher floor, and was given the 15th floor. What an amazing view!!! The room was clean andI felt very comfortable here. It was my friends first visit to this hotel, and she was very impressed with everything from the lobby, to the check in, the extremely friendly & helpful staff in all areas. The buffet breakfast had everything you could want. Of course there are taxes added on to everything. but the T.I.F. Tourist Improvement Fee, added to the parking fee? I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on the Fallsview side, the higher the floor the better the view of the Falls.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had a great room with a view of the falls! However the weather prevented us
from seeing the fall's early evening to mid morning. Nice hotel, good location and
enjoyable.
Lot's of activities so plan it out before you go..don't waste time deciding once you are
there.

Room Tip: Hgher floors on falls side have room better view . Upon arrival ask to see different type of rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!