As this motel is ranked as the #1 choice there isn't much that we can add to all the raving reviews from all the other visitors. We will give you an overview of the reasons why we loved staying here:
1. Price/Quality: the rates compared to what you will receive is above expected. The rooms are of a fair size, the bathroom is complete and very clean, you will have lot's of channels to choose from if you plan to stay in your room and you will have free wifi.
2. Location: even though you will not be staying next to the falls we found the location excellent. A shopping mall and a grocery store are just down the street.
3. Visiting the Falls: you can buy a pass at the front desk which will give you access to the major attractions, yes maid of the mist is included and no you don't want to miss out on the maid of the mist even though it's a short trip with maybe a bit to many people and the guarantee that you will get soaked.
4. Parking: parking at the motel is free. To visit the falls we found cheap parking at the casino for $5 a day...and lost some money at the casino on our way back to the car ;-)
5. Hotel management: the motel is privately owned and we liked the personal approach very much. They will always help you with whatever you need and will give you advise on your trips if you want to of course.
One final comment: when you are still trying to make a decision on visiting the Niagara Falls from the US or from CA. We found that the Falls were easier accessible from the CA side. You can just drive by the falls and, with your window down, you will even be able to feel the mist. There is a lot to do in the environment everything is within walking distance and otherwise there is a shuttle service which will bring you to all the highlights. As we were returning to the US we decided to have a look at the falls from there as well. After finding a parking place we took a stroll through the park and then arrived at the falls. We did enjoy seeing it from the US side as well but found the CA side much more to be "into" the Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rex Motel in Ontario, Canada is only within a 5-minute drive of the breath taking Niagara Falls, MarineLand and the Niagara Convention and Civic Center. Also it is in a very close distance to most of the city attractions, theatres, restaurants and attractive shops.The Rex Motel is a family managed and operated business and it is open for its guests all year round. Our selection of 15 boutique rooms with individual unique character, fantastic budget rates, convenient location and peaceful surroundings will definitely make your stay a memorable one.The motel is providing its guests with a free Wi-Fi and free on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Rex Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rex Hotel Niagara Falls