“best stay ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Clifton Hill - Niagara Falls Hotel

You added Comfort Inn Clifton Hill - Niagara Falls Hotel to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Clifton Hill - Niagara Falls Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4960 Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3N4, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Paris, Canada
“best stay ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

very friendly staff nice indoor pool decent breakfast very clean hotel & room, couldve been little more shampoo & conditioner & free parking wouldve been nice.there was no load noises for our weekend stay, even the pool was not load. this hotel and staff looked after all needs.staff extremely very friendly and helpful. i reccomend this hotel to anyone and will be for sure returning for another stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
toronto, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It's all about the location - this hotel is right off the strip so very close to all the action- but was quiet enough in the evening.
The rooms are comfortable and clean but dated. We booked a family roon with an extra queen bed/tv in a separated room - good value for our family as we didnt have to pay for an extra suite.
The downside was that they did not have elevators and we had to walk up a couple flights of steps with a stroller.
The indoor pool was a great bonus and the rooms adjoining the pool are a great idea - there is a sitting area/terrace for parents to watch by their rooms while the kids are in the pool. Although smallish in size the kids enjoyed it.
Parking was plentiful despite a busy weekend.
Free breakfast included but was all cold items (you werent allowed to heat up the hard boiled eggs they served in the microwave) except for toast. Lots of prepackaged waffles, muffins, some toast, yogurt - the basics. It was very difficult to get a table and they didnt have enough room for all the hotel guests.
(Stayed at the Hampton Inn on a previous trip - see my review - and the breakfast included was far superior)
Would I come back? maybe - if the price were right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NiagaraFallsFun, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clifton Hill - Niagara Falls Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review for the Comfort Inn Clifton Hill. Our Family Rooms are very popular and do offer a significant savings over booking two rooms. We updated our continental breakfast last July to “Your Morning Breakfast” that includes hot items such as; scrambled eggs and sausage patties, and make your own fresh waffles. The waffles are a sure hit with the kids.

Louise
comfort@cliftonhill.com
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been staying at the Comfort Inn on Clifton Hill every time I visit Niagara Falls since approx. 1998 or so. It was one of the hotels you could stay at if you booked your stay through the Casino. This package is no longer available but the staff has made me feel very comfortable and very welcome for every stay I have had. Over the years they have helped me enjoy every minute of my time in Niagara Falls and have kept me up to date with anything new that happens... and over the years it has been quite a bit. Niagara Falls used to be pretty much closed up for the winter but now it's booming, especially since they started the Festival of Lights and Niagara Falls New Years Party! In all those years, I have never once had any incident that displeased me. All your necessities are within this hotel, it has an indoor pool, buffet breakfast, lots of parking and it's right on clifton hill where all the fun is! They often able to offer discount tickets to local entertainmentas well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
NiagaraFallsFun, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clifton Hill - Niagara Falls Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hi Dee D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your continued loyalty to the Comfort Inn Clifton Hill. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Louise
comfort@cliftonhill.com
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I will start off by saying that I knew what I was getting when I booked this hotel. I picked it because we were there for New Years Eve and everytime I've been in a hotel New Years Eve there are rooms booked by noisy drunk teenagers and this time was no different. They always choose the fire alarms as their target for fun and again this time was no different. Of course, this is not the fault of any hotel. How can they know who the people are that will do this. I didn't want to be in a highrise hotel and worry about dealing with Fire Alarms so compromising on the quality was my choice.

We stayed in the family suite which opened up to the pool. The suite had a table outside by the pool and that was really convenient. We had a place to eat breakfast comfortably. The rooms in this hotel have always been clean when we've stayed here so that isn't a problem. The place needs to be updated badly. The blankets even though were clean looked like they had been washed a few too many times. The TV in the bedroom was older than me I think. That wasn't even the biggest problem, it was screwed on to a table that was shorter than the bed so watching it was near impossible. We were going to place it on a table but then found out it was actually screwed on to what may as well have been a footstool. My husband is a real TV watcher so he was completely disappointed. The bathrooms aren't really big enough for a family of four. Nowadays most hotels have half decent countertops so you can bring along your own things and have plenty of room. This is not really the case here.

I have to say that the staff has always been amazing everytime we've stayed there. This isn't the kind of place where people are wearing suits and barely crack a smile when you're checking in. I felt like I was dealing with humans that actually liked their jobs. The location can't be beat with plenty of parking. The only problem really is the decor and maybe it doesn't really matter because they can still draw in crowds because of the location. The pool is very clean and the hot tub was actually emptied cleaned and refilled. We weren't really impressed with the breakfast options either, but that might just be our taste. Thankfully the Tim Hortons was just a short walk away. I almost feel bad saying anything negative but I am hoping that they will update their place a little so I don't have to stay anywhere else when I go to the Falls.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NiagaraFallsFun, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clifton Hill - Niagara Falls Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel in light of your reticent stay. We are continually upgrading our room amenities as outlined by Choice Hotels and have just completed the process of adding new Flat Screen TV's to all rooms. Keeping our rooms clean and comfortable is important to us. We do take your concerns and comments seriously and thank you for bringing them to our attention.
Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The only good thing about my recent experience at this hotel was the location. The kids enjoyed the pool, but I didn't go in and the pool room was dirty. The cleaning staff was very friendly, but the rest of the staff I encountered were miserable. The girl that checked us in was incredibly rude and tried to charge us for parking, even though we told her twice that we didn't have a car. The room was clean, but smelled like wet dog, and since we couldn't open the windows we were stuck with the odour the whole time we were there. The heater was out of date and the room was either freezing cold or boiling hot; we stayed for two nights, and both nights I woke up at least 2 times either drenched with sweat or shivering. One of the room keys didn't work, and on the day we left I got 2 separate calls from the front desk saying that if we didn't leave they would have to charge us for an extra night, even though we had confirmed that we would have a later check-out time.
Also, the room didn't have a mini fridge. I don't know if this is standard with Comfort Inn rooms, but I can say that even in the sketchiest, low-budget, independently owned motels that I have stayed at I have never had a room without a fridge.
I wasn't expecting a five-star experience, I know the Comfort Inn is far from the Ritz, but even by budget family hotel standards it was terrible. It's the little things that make a difference, and these are the things they miss. If a hotel can't even be bothered to give me a tiny bottle of cheap conditioner then I can't be bothered to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Clifton Hill - Niagara Falls Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience during your recent stay.
To say the least, your visit did not measure up to our standard level of service.
We enjoy a high degree of repeat guests and it is of great concern to us when a guest is displeased with their stay. Please feel free to call me on our direct “800” number so that I may look further into the issues that you have addressed about your stay.
Regards,
Pat
1-800-263-2557
Guelph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed here for a 2nd time, but for a family room this time. I'm not sure how many family rooms they have in the motel, but well worth the extra $30 per night. Along with the regular queen room there is another attached room that has a queen bed and TV. Perfect for a family of more than 4. The pool area is great too and it's always busy enough for the kids to find friends to swim with. The free breakfast is the best arround - there's a waffle station, there sausage and eggs, along with the regular continential breakfast items.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello Claire,
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Comfort Inn Clifton Hill.
Our Family rooms are very popular and offer a significant savings over requiring two rooms. Pleased to hear you enjoyed our new “Morning Breakfast “ Hope you are able to return soon.
Best Regards,
Pat
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My friend and I stayed here so we could go see the falls. The room was large enough to be comfortable for 2 people. It was clean but was in bad need of a refurbishment. Saying that, the value for money was excellent. The breakfast was included - it was alright for a complimentary continental style breakfast. This would suit a family with children up to their teens as it is right by an amusement park. The hotel faces the falls but you need to step out of the hotel to gain a view as it is all on ground level. This hotel would not suit those whose mobility is compromised or whom use a wheelchair.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Clifton Hill - Niagara Falls Hotel? Share your experiences!