“Good value outside of the action” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Cairn Croft Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Cairn Croft Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cairn Croft Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6400 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1T6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #15 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Montreal, Canada
“Good value outside of the action”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a one night stay as we had already spent a couple of nights at the Sheraton on the Falls a few days earlier. Since we had had our fill of the Falls, Clifton Hills, Marineland, etc we decided to stay outside of the core area and benefit from a more moderately priced hotel. While this is an average hotel it very much hit expectations. Check-in simple and quick. Rooms: clean, slightly dated, coffee machine and small fridge, slow wi-fi, and somewhat noisy air conditioner. Interestingly, the sink and vanity were outside of the washroom which housed the toilet and bath tub which can be convenient when family members choose to linger under the shower or spend some extended time on the other receptacle finishing off a novel.
Pool area and arcade make this the hang out place of choice in the hotel for the kids. I was told by other guests that the restaurant was fine for basic grub. One peeve was that we were charged $7 for parking (in the middle of nowhere) huh? ... blatant money grab.
Overall good value hotel outside of the main Falls area.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room around the pool area which allows you to sit outside the room (perh...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Vineland, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We took our 2 granddaughters, age 4 and 6, to Niagara Falls, Ontario for an overnight to this hotel. They loved it. We had accomodations on the main floor next to the courtyard. Very convenient. Children could play in the playpark right outside our door. Room and facilities were clean. Room furnishings were up to date and the small fridge was great to have for snacks and drinks. Lots of towels available at poolside. We from enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We had dinner in the Croft lounge and ordered pizza from Mattoli's Pizza and Wings which was excellent. Great thin crust and toppings. Our waitress was very friendly and offered the children colouring books and crayons, while we waited for our order. The staff in the hotel always spoke and asked if you needed anything. The only negative was the check in clerk who seemed like she did not want to be there. She could have been more friendly and offered some information about the location. All in all, a great experience. Would return again with family

Room Tip: If travelling with children, main floor accomodations would be best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reston, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

we found this hotel on this website. we went with my family. the rooms are clean, and the staff are really polite, and kind. there were lots of families. It is quite enough, and comfortable to have beautiful sleep. It has indoor pool and jacuzzi. I think it has best location becuase it is not too far from the falls, but it doesn't have lots of crowds and noise that hotels near the falls have it.

The WiFi speed is too slow, and terrible. I had a massive issue with that. I could not even check my emails.

overall, everything except the WiFi was fantastic!

Room Tip: choose the that are far from the pool. because the pool has Chlorine smell.
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is outside of town but there are regular buses outside the door literally . The staff from the reception to dining room to bar were top , friendly nice people. Met the owner I believe too a very friendly person her staff reflecting on her.
Clean felt nice there
Thanks

• Stayed May 2013
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was very worried reading the recent reviews of this hotel as I'm VERY picky with hotels especially with cleanliness. It is only my first day (3 nights stay) here and I like to give my 1st day review before I forget anything. Not sure if being here on a weekday contributed to all the good things I see so here they are... by the way before you read on I write very serious reviews and they are LONG!

Check in
Lots of parking ($7 per day), check-in was super fast, no line ups, reception was very professional and friendly even though I had a dozen (more than enough) questions for her. I asked her if she can give me a very clean and most quiet room. I was also worried that courtyard rooms may not be as clean as the Tower rooms which is away from the courtyard since guests would run in/out a lot from the pool/courtyard. She said I got a a very clean room and my room is located on the 2nd floor facing the pool in the court yard which is less quiet than the ones on the 1st floor. she did asked if that was OK with me even though they are full house today. She wasn't kidding.

Room
A lot of reviews mentioned that the courtyard rooms are very noisy as there are lots of traffic in the pool and courtyard. This area closes at 10pm and it is soooo quiet now we can't hear a thing. I guess given today is Tuesday the bar only opens on the weekends so no loud music either. Even in the afternoon when we came back for nap, there were a dozen people swimming in the pool it was still quiet Pool bar was closed though. The room is very spacious and very very clean (We have a family of four here). It is cleaner than a Sheraton at the Falls which we stayed at few months ago. There is a fridge with no microwave which is normal. The different thing here is that the sink vanity is outside of the bathroom like a little make up counter which I actually like so we don't need to cramp into the washroom if one person needs to shower/ use toilet and the other need to put make up on. Free wifi and the wifi password/network info is provided in the envelope with your room key for easy access. Forgot to mention this place is definitely best for value for $122 per night right in the middle of August high season, you probably cannot even get a decent motel room anywhere in the area. Also I do not find anything outdated decor/furniture maybe I have not stayed in other Best Western Plus.

Courtyard + Facilities
Needless to say, my boys (3+5) totally loved the courtyard with an open indoor playground and swimming pool (remember to bring socks for them though). there are lots of places to sit around i just brought my laptop and watched them while my husband took a nap. the only thing is that the courtyard is very hot as it is glass ceiling so lots of sunlight and I was sweating just from sitting there. I guess it would be great for the pool though. Haven't tried the pool yet and will do so in the next few days.also the play structure was a bit wet from swimmers using it. There is also a coin laundry facility which is kind of nice for guests who have longer stays (like me).

Location
Many people complained about the location. it is not walking distance to Clifton Hill/casino/falls and that was not what we were looking for anyways. we mostly drive and there is a WEGO bus that takes you to anywhere in the area. the fee is $7 per adult kids are free, the info is also avail at reception. No Frills and Macdonald is 2 seconds walk from the hotel with many many restaurants all down the street like Red Lobsters, Pizza Hut, Wendys right across, Flying Saucer, Dollarama, I forget the rest but restaurants at your finger tips for sure.

Only suggestion so far is to have some hooks in the room to hang used towels or jackets or bags... there is none aside draping them off chairs.

Another observation is that there are notes and signs everywhere in the room asking you to leave feedback and comments on your stay. It appears that they are very serious in keeping their customers happy and ensure that they have a happy stay. So... first day I'm totally pleased with BWCC and it surely passed my test!

Room Tip: I am on 2nd floor courtyard room, you do need to take an open flight of stairs in the courtyard to g...
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were reluctant to pay extra for staying in hotels with "Falls View", so we decided to give it a try and chose this place. What I can say? It's acceptable value for the money they ask. Rooms were nice and relatively clean. The washroom was big and convenient to use.

What we didn't like, though, is noisiness. Strange and loud sounds were coming from everywhere: from super-noisy old-style A/C, from refrigerator, from somewhere behind the walls. Not surprisingly, our sleep wasn't that good, and we were even considering going to a different place for our second night.

Parking was so-so - most of the spots were already taken, and we had to search for a spot, even though we paid for it. We've also seen once that someone parked his truck just in front of the hotel entrance, partly blocking it.

Location was not something that we expected. You certainly _can_ walk to the Falls, but I really doubt that you would. It was at least 30-40 mins walk even for us - we're a young and a fit couple, and we walk quite fast.

All in all, we're not going to stay there again.
Verdict: Not Recommended.

Room Tip: Be aware that they have two different types of room: "Courtyard" and "Tower". We...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel check-in staff were friendly, and were very accommodating to our 4 bikes, allowing us to lock them up in one of the meeting rooms, so we didn't have to leave them on the back of the car all week. We had a patio room next to the pool area, and we liked that we could put our kids to bed in the room, but still have somewhere to sit and relax/have a drink without having to hide out in the dark, trying not to disturb the kids. We didn't have an issue with noise, but the poolside bar was closed the week we were there. There's not much in the immediate area, unless you like to eat at McDonalds and their ilk. We prefer the restaurants in Niagara-on-the-Lake anyway, so that wasn't a concern for us. I also recommend going elsewhere for breakfast - the food was ok, but the staff were extremely slow and when I inquired about the glass of water I had asked for 15 minutes earlier the waitress was a little rude. If you plan on going on the Maid of the Mist, get the "Adventure Pass" - it includes unlimited travel on the WeGo bus that goes from right outside the hotel down to the Falls. Works out cheaper than buying the WeGo pass at the hotel reception and paying for the attractions individually.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cairn Croft Hotel? Share your experiences!