We bought Livingsocial coupons for this property and booked a trip for American Thanksgiving, our stay was TOTALLY PREPAID except for the local taxes (about $50 total due at check in). When we arrived, the front desk staff took our credit card and swiped it, we thought for only the taxes. But hotel policy had her swipe for the total value of our stay (over $300), she never told us how much was being held on our card. In fact we were never informed of this policy, not at booking, purchase of the coupons, not unitl we tried to charge a dinner somewhere else and our card was frozen. When we questioned the front desk we were told the whole amount of the trip was charged to our card and would be refunded after check out, and it would take 5-7 business days for the charges to be removed from our card and our money to be available for use again.
Cairn Croft ESSENTIALLY RUINED our family trip, thankfully our package included some hotel food credits. Two adults and 2 teenagers were left to share meals to make it through the trip. The hotel food was adequate, not very hot, and service was slow. No refills on over priced soft drinks or milks. Our family is not in the best of financial situations and after 4 months of savings we were able to put funds on our credit card for safe travel and do some once in a life time activities. As a result of the hotel's policies we went hungry for 3 days, barely had enough cash to buy gas to get home (5 hours away), and only got to look at our dream activities.
Facilities were clean, pool was warm, but notihng spectacular. Definitely nothing to write home about.
Instead of a great family holiday trip, we got SCREWED by a hotel that had no sense of compassion or fairness. They were paid a month ago when I bought the coupons from LivingSocial (I know this because my company uses this broker regularly). I should have cashed in this set of coupons and gone with another deal that was at the Falls that ran a week after the one I bought.
I'll never recommend Cairn Croft to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Niagara's most popular resort hotels, located just minutes from the Falls. This charming property features a beautiful indoor courtyard. A welcoming indoor pool and two family hot tubs enhance this area. 165 Immaculate guest rooms, various whirlpool and fireplace rooms and suites. Bourbon Street Bistro is poolside for snacks and drinks and drink. Enjoy the all new Doc Magilligans Restaurant & Irish Pub on site for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Featuring live entertainment four nights a week. McDonald's is on property and many other dining options close by. WeGo Falls shuttle available. Find us on Facebook to stay in the loop! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Cairn Croft Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Best Western