enjoy the Hoblet, the animals and all of Natures Energy here in the country in Niagara Falls, Canada
more outside views
hoblet porch
open concept living room, kitchen,  3 large skylights, 5 double patio doors
dinning table (right), wall unit with books, games, stereo & DVD library for your use
Niagara Falls

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Like a dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

What a great escape! My husband and I spent five nights here. It was our one year anniversary . We were greeted with a card, flowers even a gift ! Petra is a wonderful hostess. Very professional in every way. They were the best neighbors we have ever had. This is an ideal place to stay visiting the falls. Only 15 minuets away from all the action. So nice to come home to a relaxing place after all the touristy falls. All the animals and peace and quite you want. Great kitchen and grill. I cooked breakfast and dinner every day. That saved us a lot of money. I would like to think that we made new friends in Canada! Thank you Petra for all you did for us. We will be back some day.

Liked best: So peaceful
Liked least: It was all good !
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Cin55
USA
“Home away from home!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights at the Hoblet house and had such a warm welcome and stay. The house was set in a lovely setting and so peaceful. Would hope some day to return. Petra was a very gracious hostess and full of great ideas of things to see and places to eat:)

Your age range 50-64
Karen T
Mississauga, Canada
“Incredible place to stay. The best in the area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

We just returned from our second stay at The Hoblet in 4 months. We found this gem in September and it is the 1st place where my husband and I enjoyed our stay so much that we did not want to leave. When we discovered The Hoblet was available for New Years we booked our return visit prior to leaving that day.

The Hoblet is a beautiful cottage in a rural setting. You feel like you are getting away from it all. It is perfectly located as it is also close to Niagara Falls if you want to venture out for sightseeing, shopping or dinner. Truly the best of both worlds.

There are so many layers as to why The Hoblet is an incredible place.
-From the moment you enter the drive you will sense a positive peaceful energy in the air. This is hard to describe but you will know it when you feel it.
-The hosts Petra and Mush make you feel completely welcome.
Their home is fair distance from the cottage so if you need anything Petra is a phone call away. They do a great job of giving privacy and they leave you to enjoy the property.
The cottage has many floor to ceiling windows that brings the beautiful outdoors in. There is also a fabulous patio to enjoy the sights and sounds.
The Hoblet is also an animal rescue sanctuary with the main focus being on donkeys. There are also other rescue personalities from pot belly pigs, goats and a miniature horse. These animals are much loved and you can actually feel their happiness. They are loving pets that will greet you continuously throughout your stay. Incredible.

If you are hesitating or considering other properties...stop. BOOK The Hoblet.
The accommodations and surroundings will exceed your expectations. It is a hidden gem that we are so thrilled we discovered.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The surroundings are gorgeous
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
EileenM32...
“Beautiful relaxing retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

The hoblet is an amazing little retreat! My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and it was perfect! Petra and Mush go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy every bit of your stay. Petra is the sweetest person you will ever meet.The animals were a great little bonus. We loved feeding them. Loved Homey! We can't wait to go back!

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
TammyC201...
Friendship, Maryland
“Relaxing, highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Our party of 4 (2 adults and 2 children, ages 13 and 15) spent a very relaxing and pleasant week at the Hoblet from November 24th through December 1st. The weather even cooperated as we woke two mornings to fresh fallen snow, 4 inches one morning and 3 inches another. The snow was just enough to make our surroundings more enchanting and idyllic but not enough to get in our way. We spent two enjoyable evenings around the fire pit, roasted marshmallows and told stories. It was a bit chilly but fun was had by all.

The Hoblet is small but cozy. My three concerns; no oven, no fireplace and close proximity to the owner’s residence quickly vanished. As for the oven, we were there over Thanksgiving and I was concerned about cooking a turkey but had absolutely no problems on the grill outside and our 15 year old son proclaimed it the best turkey we have ever made. I was delighted to find that the owners had recently installed a fireplace (electric, I think) in the corner of the room beside the couches. My husband was concerned with the proximity to the owners dwelling. I can say without reservation that it felt like we were on the property alone. The Hoblet faces toward an open field and the animals and away from the owner’s house.

I won’t repeat all the other reviewers that talk about the ideal location and surrounding restaurants and entertainment. Please read the other reviews for this. I would however like the echo the other reviewers on how pleasant the owners are. I can’t say enough about Petra and Mush. As we were first time vacationers to Niagara and Ontario, they were happy to share their knowledge but not over attentive in any way. The animals are awesome and I am so thankful that there are kind hearted people in this world like Petra and Mush. We enjoyed our meet and greet and learned a lot about donkeys and pigs. My 13 year old daughter and I enjoyed Monte, George and Cuddles the most. We like taking them apples and pears and greeting them in the mornings. Having said all that, you don’t have to be an animal lover to enjoy your stay here as my husband and son can attest.

Niagara was an easy and picturesque drive from Maryland. We would like to visit Niagara in the summer time and will defiantly plan on staying at the Hoblet on our return visit.

Traveling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Dec 15, 2013
Thanks so much,it was a pleasure to have you here celebrating Thanksgiving. We too were worried about your turkey, thanks for tip on "turkey on a barbeque"! Who knew! Hope to see you again,(and oh...the fireplace is gas, glad you enjoyed it).
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Tracy and Chris
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
4 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Speaks English, German
Listed since : Oct 2009
Response Rate: 95 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing