“Turn back the pages of history............in Prague” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #167 of 451 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: French, German, Vegetarian, Central European
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Fabulous European cuisine made from scratch using our own grown organic vegetable, spices and fruit. Romantic ambiance of house built in year 1850 set up as an old European chateau. Dine in a shadow of a candle on your table and listen to our romantic music selection.Beside all of this unique experience brining to our guests, please know that to EAT WELL AND STAY HEALTHY is our concept and priority. Your executive chef Jarmila S.##################################################THIS IS NOT OUR MENU! TRIPADVISOR POSTED THAT WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE!WE ASKED FOR REMOVAL.
Annapolis
“Turn back the pages of history............in Prague”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This would be the perfect safe house for George Smiley. It's very likely that Jim Prideaux was stashed there after his luckless intrigue in Prague. Jarmila is the owner/chef and has been in Canada for 30+ years. She's a buxom Eastern European hostess who entices her guests with exotic Czech and Hungarian dishes. A spicy as you want, the sauces are extraordinary. The Eastern European aura and 60's-like interior were a surprise to us. Only one other couple there, dimmed (no, very dimmed) lighting, only Jarmila there to serve and wait on us, you just have to look for cameras or microphones. A tad overly expensive, I highly recommend this restaurant as much as an "attraction" as a restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

Ft. Erie
“European Food at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This well kept secret in Niagara Falls , Ontario was visited last night to celebrate my Father's birthday. we went for the schnitzel and came out of the restuarant not only satisfeid but delighted that we discovered such great food. The chef recommended her home baked garlic bread which was totally awesome. i could have eaten that and some cold cuts and been very happy! The bread was incredible. WE ordered salads with unique ingredients and were very satisfied with the flavourings. The schnitzel came with potatoes and this was incredibly good. I coudl not identify some of the spices and the chef was not revelaing her ingredients but I sure was hankering for more cause it was that good. The meal was roudned out by delicious tortes and pavlova. Very tasty and the chef infomred us that whenever possilbe she uses organic ingredietns form her own gardens. this was truly a magnificnet meal. I regret not knowing about this location alread. (It has been at this address for 8 years.) by the way, the chef made yoy feel right at home and was a pleasure to interact with. (I perceive this place as a restaurant where you would go with adult company.)

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Maybe the best food in Niagara falls - definitely cooked with the most love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Went there last night for a romantic dinner and couldn't be happier that we did. The pride and knowledge that the chef/owner has in her food shows. She makes everything from bread to cheese herself and grows her own organic vegetables. Even the simplest thing like garlic bread was the best I've ever had. She took the time to explain the food and fresh ingredients and turned the lights down low for our ramantic ambiance. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.... (had the rabbit and.pork loin - yum)

Gravenhurst, Canada
“Too pricey to visit often”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lovely, intimate, and reminiscent of my Mother's and Grandmother's cooking, however the prices were prohibitive and we could not afford to visit more often than once per year on special occasions. I was hoping for at least a token piece of cake for my husband, as the owner knew it was his birthday, however none was forthcoming. I can buy a week's worth of groceries for the $100.00 spent. They do not accept credit or debit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Back to Red Chateau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

For our New Years meal, my wife and I returned to this restaurant. Again, it did not disappoint. In fact, we were very impressed. There are some new menu items that we found interesting. We started with the Czech dumplings and garlic bread. Listen to my words: If you come to this place, have the garlic bread. I never order garlic bread in restaurants. This is other worldly. It is so good I cant even explain it. Different than any other bread Ive had either here, or in Europe.

Mains were pork and schnitzel. Both were delicious. I wanted the rabbit, which IMHO is the best item on the menu, but they were out of it. I ordered pork, which I have never done in a restaurant in my life, and loved it. For dessert we had a chocolate wafer torte. I have never experienced decadence like this. Simply the best dessert Ive had. Ever. There are a lot of superlatives one uses when going to this place.

To the detractors: You need to understand where you are going when you go to the Red Chateau. This isnt a chain restaurant. This isnt a place that pumps out assembly line food and values table turnover over food quality. Cooking like this takes time. The service is run by one woman - the owner. She cooks, serves, bartends...all of it. If you do not want to wait just a little longer, if you cannot sit with the person you are with and enjoy some cozy ambience and conversation, then dont go here. If you value the unique, the comfort, and good wholesome ingredients, then this place will impress you, as it impresses us each and every time we go.

Cant wait to go back.