“Okay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 137 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Well, This Hotel is is okay.

Pros.
No Bed Bugs
Great Nice swimming pool
Nice Bathroom
A great sleep
A great area

Cons.
A party was still going at 6:00 pm to 2:00.
cuts all over the bed cover up with tape.
Only two towels each per room
No towels at swimming pool. The manager said to bring your room towels so, - one towel
Smell of Drugs.
and the Maids never come

I guess I would stay here again...

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
waterloo on
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Ended up here because my significant other and I came into the city pretty late, and the hotel we were planning to stay at, the check in was closed... we drove up the street and just randomly stopped here.

we got the jacuzzi room, it was clean, plain, had a fridge, microwave, and was stocked well enough with towels, etc

they gave us an ok deal,and gave us the room for $60.00 for the night... not bad... ( I think cause they were not busy, and I asked the price on our walk to look at the room before committing.. lol ...) The place looked like a typical motel in the dark....

Room Tip: after reading the reviews, I would just make sure you look at the room first... lol ( the jacuzzi ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Please think twice before you book this low budget motel!!!! All negative comments are true. The motel was absolutely gross. We had a horrible sleep. The ambulance woke us up because one of the motel residents either overdosed or had alcohol poisoning from the huge party they were having. There are many locals that call this place home. Please beware!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

It is a right place to stay for a comfortable night and I say so from perspective of the price. the service is good and the room is clear, My wife and I had a very peaceful sleep there, it will be our first choice to stay for next trip to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Niagara Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I spent a night with my boyfriend here , they had the floral bed spread, only one sheet, so you had to use the top cover, which is disgusting, or you would freeze to death because the heat didnt work. the spa bath was nice to relax in, unless you dont have motivation to clean it yourselves. it had hair stuck in the filter and hair all around the edge where the water sat last time someone had a bath. the bed was actually comfy, but the pillows were rock hard and there werent any extra sheets or pillows to use. the best part? the next morning, the phone went off non stop and people knocking on the door. We finally got up and went into my boyfriends truck, when a guy opened his curtians from his room and was just staring at us, giving us the death stare, as we backed out of the parking spot slowly he came out of his room and started walking fast towards the truck with the same death stare on his face, i was terrified and told my boyfriend to drove away but he wanted to see what the guy wanted, my boyfriend opened the window and the man came up and ask what the [--] we were doing, and asked where we were going with his moms truck. this guy had scabs and scratches all over his face, and was wearing dirty sweats. My boyfriend told him it was his truck (which is it?) and the guy said "I need my medication out of my moms truck!". My boyfriend told the guy to go back inside and we started to drive away, the guy started running after the truck screaming. He obviously lived there, like many other "sketchy" people did, and he was deffinalty a drug addict or had serious mental issues. This is not a place for kids, couples, or anyone. do not even waste your time. When we got back to my house, we found finger and face marks all over my boyfriends truck, as if someone was touching it and rubbing thier face on it. it was disgusting, and we were lucky the guy didnt do anything, or break into the truck. Absolutely disgusting. worst place ive ever been to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This place was nasty.
The room had vile stench. Somewhat like the smoking section of a bar

Don't ask me how, but there appeared to be fecies stains on the ceiling of the washroom.
In hindsight, I should have slept in my car.

On a positive note, the owner/ manager/ housekeeper/ cashier (i.e. the only guy working in the whole place) demonstrated excellent customer service. Took the time to make sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

i understood when i decided to come down to the falls with my friends that i was not going to be sleeping in the Bellagio or anything, but this was ridiculous. we decided to get a motel on lundy's lane nothing special just somewhere to sleep after the bars.

when i walked into the room i thought i was in a crack-den in eastern europe. it smelt like smoke every bodily fluid imaginable was somewhere in the room, urine on the walls (no joke) semin on the carpet, blood on my comforter plus a rip in the sheets( when i went to ask for a clean one it appeared that the desk clerk was doing cocaine on the front lobby desk).

i went to have a cigarette outside when this obliterated 60 year old man who lived in one of the rooms came over and introduced himself as jesus and asked for i cigarette i thought he might have stabbed me(looked long term his door was open all night could hear him and his wife fight)

I will never go back to Avenue inn and i strongly recommend that you never go there either lol. i have never written a review before i felt it was my duty to fellow travellers out there i uploaded some photos to share my experience with you :D!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Avenue Inn? Share your experiences!