“Great Location, and friendly staff..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5685 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 6W7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #32 of 138 hotels in Niagara Falls
Sydney, Australia
“Great Location, and friendly staff..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here in June as part of a couch tour and were very surprised to get a room with a view of the falls. The room was very comfortable and had everything you need. The staff were very friendly and we would go back and stay her again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

982 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in July. When we arrived at the hotel the parking was adequate and the staff was professional and courteous. Upon check in we told the staff we were staying for our anniversary and we were from Florida, they surprised us by upgrading our room to a balcony suite. The room was impeccably clean and gorgeous. Our view was outstanding. When we go back I will be booking an upgraded room. We also had breakfast at the Rainbow Room. It was so nice. The food was good and the view spectacular. We had such a romantic and enchanting stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked a two-room suite that overlooked the falls. We ended up on the 12th floor with room 1210. We were travelling with a 3 year old and a 9 month old.

Easy parking and access to check-in, friendly doorman, and a beautiful lobby. Check in was easy but the young trainee (who was very friendly), didn't tell us that we had to take a separate elevator to the 12 floor, nor were we informed that there was a free children's dinner offer for the Rainbow Room. I don't blame her though, her trainer should have stepped up. Quite a hassle with two kids and all our stuff in tow. We were given late check-out so that was a bonus.

The rooms are on the smaller side but that's to be expected with an older hotel. We were happy with the set up with the two little ones. The pool area was great and we had lots of fun in there.

What we didn't know was that one of the bedrooms (ours) in our suite was right beside the old elevator. It was loud and woke us up a couple of times.

Upon checkout we expressed our concerns and the front-desk person (Karen) was amazing. She gave us a discount equal to an amount we were quite happy with. Checkout was smooth, friendly, and fast.

I like that this hotel was so close to the falls and the light display. Our daughter had a great time. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask if your room is beside an elevator. If so, ask for a different one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hanover, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just finished dinner at the Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra. I was hesitant having read TA reviews about staned carpets, not the cleanest servers, etc! Glad I took a shot at it!! The restaurant was empty so this review may be somewhat biased - not by me but by lack of patrons!

I had a glass of Cabernet suggested by Lindsy - who answered every question I had. 5* there for starters. being on a diet, i ate a filet of fish on top of a crabcake, covered with a tiger shrimp. Hot (not cold as suggested in some reviews) - excellent 4.5* food (crab cake contained a bit too much potatoe for my taste).
The hotel offers a $40 discount card (restaurant) for couples. I travelled by myself and asked if I could have a discount for $20. Noy a problem - staff was already called prior to my arrival making sure this would happen. Excellent.
The food is not cheap but worth it! One recommendation when sitting down for dinner: You will be asked if you want still or sparkling water with dinner. I ordered the still, thinking tap water. But you get a bottle of Evian for $8 - not worth it if by yourself.
Room:
As a Platinum Royal Ambassador, was upgraded the the Executive Level. Very nice room with a balcony overlooking both falls. Not huge - but dont need it by myself Clean, functional, LCD TV. bathroom also not huge but functional for sure.
Bed qyality excellent! My turn down service provided me with a complimentary bottle of red wine - to be changed to white if I would have preferred. A nice touch by management!
All in all - will stay here again on my next trip. Zero complaints - and check out the restaurant!
Also stopped at Jamie Kennedy's restaurant next door at the Sheraton to check out the menu - looks good - maybe next time.

Room Tip: Floor 10 - 12 is executive - you get a private elevator. Very quite (in December).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mertztown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Crowne Plaza was perfect for my trip. Took my daughter there and the room was perfect. Clean and pretty. She loved that we could see the falls from our room. The staff was kind and helpful. The hotel had great water pressure- which may seem strange to mention but it is a personal pet peeve of mine. Also, I accidentally left the light on in my car and the parking security kindly jumped my car for me. I highly recommend Crowne Plaza!

Room Tip: Did not use the spa
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lindenhurst, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Disheartened with Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls: On November 10th, 2012, our American passports & two other important documents were stolen out of our room at the Niagara Falls Crowne Plaza. The General Manager Joseph Legace gave the corporate line: They are not liable for personal property and that they conduct a good background check on their employees. It should also be noted that apparently Crowne Plaza comes under the Casino Unit of Niagara Falls Police Dept.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Crowne Plaza was simply outstanding. The service truly was exceptional, the food at the restaurant local and fantastic, the views of the falls was perfect and the entire feel and decor of the hotel is sensational. I truly felt that my business mattered to the staff. This is a hotel that truly goes above and beyond and allows you to fully relax and enjoy the magical setting on the falls.

Room Tip: If there are any specific preferences you have be sure to provide a description as they are very acc...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview? Share your experiences!