“A local gem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Mississauga, Canada
“A local gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Perfect for those nights when you can't decide if you want Thai or Indian... you can have both, or each have your own!

We've been going for a couple years, and have enjoyed a number of their dishes.
Butter Chicken is a favourite of mine, and the Vindaloo is a popular choice of my husband.
We have also enjoyed the Pad Thai, and the Vegetable Pakora's.

The food is always fresh, so it does take a bit longer to get to the table, and there is no air conditioning which can be a draw back if you are there on a hot summer night.

Waitstaff are friendly and for the most part attentive, they do get a bit distracted when the dining room is busy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mississauga, ON
“very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've been wanting to try this restaurant since I saw it open up but hadn't made it. Last night I went with a couple of friends and was very impressed! We ordered shrimp and chicken skewers as a starter and they were excellent, make sure you try them without the peanut sauce first because YUMMY but make sure to try the peanut sauce as well because it was very good too LOL. I particularly liked the shrimp. For mains we shared butter chicken, green curry (chicken) and prawn laziz. The butter chicken was the best I've ever had, very unique flavours. Apparently it is their most popular dish. I also asked what they would recommend for something 'different' that we may not have had and the waitress recommended laziz because it is her favourite. I must admit it might be a favourite of mine now too! The friends I went with are not so fond of spice so we got mild-medium for everything. I found it all very flavourful with just enough burn (and I actually like spice) and it might have been a bit on the spicey side for them so I'd suggest you err on the side of caution when choosing your spice level.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Good Service, Food not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We visited Mango Rain based on the Trip Advisor reviews we had read. We were looking for a good Asian/Indian food restaurant in the Missisauga area.

The service was good and we got a lot of personal attention. I don't know if that is the norm or it was because we were the only party in the restaurant on a Saturday night at 8:00! The food was not bad, but we have had better. A little pricey for what we got and will think twice, before visiting again. There must be better choices out there in Missisauga.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, ONTARIO
“YUM Clarkson Village / Lorne Park GEM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Clarkson / Lorne Park gem. Don't overlook this cozy spot - there is ALOT of
Love going into the food and service here. Great value! Freshest ingredients!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga
“A little neighbourhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We have found Mango Rain a much more enjoyable experience than other Indian food restaurants we have tried in Mississauga. The food is delicious (try the Butter Chicken!) and the service is very attentive. We have become regular visitors and are never disappointed.

• Visited May 2012