“after many visits the indifferent service finally turned us off” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 1,253 Restaurants in Mississauga
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“after many visits the indifferent service finally turned us off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wrote a really positive review many months ago, but sadly I have to say that despite having come back for their very tasty salad and grilled calamari we've decided to stop eating here despite the fact that it was convenient, because the attitude from some of the servers finally turned us off this place. Some of the younger gents that served us on the patio were engaging but a couple of the middle aged gents who served inside made us feel like they were doing us a favour by serving us. It also felt like when we ordered wine, the service was better which is a bias I find at a lot of restaurants and I wish servers would understand that not ordering alcohol doesn't mean we won't tip well.
Sadly, it was how we saw a young lady serve others that finally convinced us we didn't need to come back ... we had a nice table right by the front door and saw her randomly turn people away telling them to come back in an hour when the restaurant was half full then seat others, tell another couple they could eat now if they would finish within an hour --- we couldn't make head or tale of how she was deciding to tell different people but it was clear to us that although eating there about a dozen times over a year that we were tired of playing "Russian roulette" with wondering how the service would be and that it wasn't just happening to us. I will close by saying the food is quite good and place is busy but I just had to update my earlier very positive review.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Authentic Greek and great value - a top pick in Port Credit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Growing up in downtown Toronto, moving to the burbs meant fewer good restaurants to pick from but I was encouraged that the well known Port Credit area was only a short walk away. Surely, there had to be lots of good restaurants there - not so much along the most frequented area west of Hurontario; however, if you venture a few blocks east, you'll be pleasantly pleased with Collosus' village salad which is more than a meal so my fiancée and I share that and the grilled calamari to enjoy great Greek food on a sunny patio.
Admittedly nothing fancy or high end, just real good food in a neighbourhood restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Ontario
“Not What It Used To Be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Colossus used to be one of my favourite Greek Restaurants in Mississauga. Unfortunately, my last three visits have convinced me that it's not what it used to be. Although the greek salad is still really good - as is the pita with hummus, the service and atmosphere leaves little to be desired. Not once did the waiter ask us if we wanted any water. Not once did he even bother to check up on us to see if we were ok or needed anything else. The reason? He and the other waiters were too busy flirting with all the single women outside. When they came back inside they then began to talk inappropriately about these women in front of customers! On top of this, the place has become very dated - almost appearing dirty. I'm sure a good paint job and new flooring might help, but until they put an emphasis on customer service, I won't be going back. I also cannot recommend this restaurant with good conscience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga
“Bad Service and Possible Death”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Informed server of allergies, received a dinner containing foods I'm deathly allergic too. My party was the only one on the patio; staff consistantly creeped out the door and at us making us feel uncomfortable. It was evident they were talking about us behind our backs. Lipstick on my water glass from a previous diner. We had a 5 different waiters... All in all horrible experience, horrible service. Worst restaurant in the city

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ottawa
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant on May long weekend as the reviews were good.Unfortunately,we found the experience disappointing. My wife opted for the grilled octopus for her starter,which turned out to be tough..Her main was pork souvlaki..This was ok,but rather small portion of meat.
I had the sea bass as a main,which was tasteless,and covered in sauce.
The service was very rushed and poor in general. I would definitely not go to this restaurant again.again.

• Visited May 2013