“Authentic Greek and great value - a top pick in Port Credit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 1,219 restaurants in Mississauga
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Authentic Greek and great value - a top pick in Port Credit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Growing up in downtown Toronto, moving to the burbs meant fewer good restaurants to pick from but I was encouraged that the well known Port Credit area was only a short walk away. Surely, there had to be lots of good restaurants there - not so much along the most frequented area west of Hurontario; however, if you venture a few blocks east, you'll be pleasantly pleased with Collosus' village salad which is more than a meal so my fiancée and I share that and the grilled calamari to enjoy great Greek food on a sunny patio.
Admittedly nothing fancy or high end, just real good food in a neighbourhood restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
“Not What It Used To Be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Colossus used to be one of my favourite Greek Restaurants in Mississauga. Unfortunately, my last three visits have convinced me that it's not what it used to be. Although the greek salad is still really good - as is the pita with hummus, the service and atmosphere leaves little to be desired. Not once did the waiter ask us if we wanted any water. Not once did he even bother to check up on us to see if we were ok or needed anything else. The reason? He and the other waiters were too busy flirting with all the single women outside. When they came back inside they then began to talk inappropriately about these women in front of customers! On top of this, the place has become very dated - almost appearing dirty. I'm sure a good paint job and new flooring might help, but until they put an emphasis on customer service, I won't be going back. I also cannot recommend this restaurant with good conscience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga
“Bad Service and Possible Death”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Informed server of allergies, received a dinner containing foods I'm deathly allergic too. My party was the only one on the patio; staff consistantly creeped out the door and at us making us feel uncomfortable. It was evident they were talking about us behind our backs. Lipstick on my water glass from a previous diner. We had a 5 different waiters... All in all horrible experience, horrible service. Worst restaurant in the city

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ottawa
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant on May long weekend as the reviews were good.Unfortunately,we found the experience disappointing. My wife opted for the grilled octopus for her starter,which turned out to be tough..Her main was pork souvlaki..This was ok,but rather small portion of meat.
I had the sea bass as a main,which was tasteless,and covered in sauce.
The service was very rushed and poor in general. I would definitely not go to this restaurant again.again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, ON Canada
“The Best Mediterranean Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Fantastic restaurant. I've experienced both dine-in and take-out, and the food was impeccable both times. If you like Mediterranean food, you'll love Colossus. To top it off, the staff is incredibly helpful. I ordered take-out most recently and my pick-up time got mixed up - I arrived 30 minutes before I was expected. I'm not going to blame them - I may have messed up the time. Anyway, my order was ready in 10 minutes.

Talk about turning a negative into a positive!

I've given them average ratings below for "Families with children" and "Special occasions" only because the restaurant is small given the number of people in there (at least during the weekend.) Consider that a testament to how good the food is and how popular it is.

One important tip - while I was there the last time, they had to deal with two separate customers who called the wrong location (they also have a location in Oakville.) Make sure you're calling the right location when you're getting takeout or making reservations!

• Visited March 2013