“Bad Service and Possible Death” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 1,305 Restaurants in Mississauga
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Mississauga
“Bad Service and Possible Death”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Informed server of allergies, received a dinner containing foods I'm deathly allergic too. My party was the only one on the patio; staff consistantly creeped out the door and at us making us feel uncomfortable. It was evident they were talking about us behind our backs. Lipstick on my water glass from a previous diner. We had a 5 different waiters... All in all horrible experience, horrible service. Worst restaurant in the city

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

ottawa
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant on May long weekend as the reviews were good.Unfortunately,we found the experience disappointing. My wife opted for the grilled octopus for her starter,which turned out to be tough..Her main was pork souvlaki..This was ok,but rather small portion of meat.
I had the sea bass as a main,which was tasteless,and covered in sauce.
The service was very rushed and poor in general. I would definitely not go to this restaurant again.again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, ON Canada
“The Best Mediterranean Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Fantastic restaurant. I've experienced both dine-in and take-out, and the food was impeccable both times. If you like Mediterranean food, you'll love Colossus. To top it off, the staff is incredibly helpful. I ordered take-out most recently and my pick-up time got mixed up - I arrived 30 minutes before I was expected. I'm not going to blame them - I may have messed up the time. Anyway, my order was ready in 10 minutes.

Talk about turning a negative into a positive!

I've given them average ratings below for "Families with children" and "Special occasions" only because the restaurant is small given the number of people in there (at least during the weekend.) Consider that a testament to how good the food is and how popular it is.

One important tip - while I was there the last time, they had to deal with two separate customers who called the wrong location (they also have a location in Oakville.) Make sure you're calling the right location when you're getting takeout or making reservations!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Canada
“Fantastic Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My BF took me here this past weekend for my birthday dinner. It's always been one of my favorite restaraunts and once again we weren't disappointed. For our appy we had the calamari (11.95) - SO good! Cooked to perfection, with an excellent tzatziki, you can't go wrong. For our meals my BF had the Lamb & Sea which is a combination of lamb chops, lamb tenderloin and pulled lamb with sauteed shrimp & scallops topped with a muscat wine reduction, served with lemon potatoes and grilled vegetables (32.95) - this served as a full dinner for him as well as a full lunch the next day. I had the Exohiko which is pulled lamb, spinach, olives, caramelized onion and feta cheese rolled in phylo pastry and served over a spiced tomato rice pilaf and grilled vegetables (19.95). Our server was excellent, as they always are - they don't bother you every 5 minutes and they allow you to enjoy each course without rushing you out. With a bottle of wine our bill was a very reasonable $100. Can't wait to come back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Ontario
“Authentic dishes, good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Been there a couple of times now - for lunch and dinner. More to choose from for dinner but prices more reasonable for lunch. Wine is average but food is above average and service is excellent all the time. Very good Greek food.

Visited January 2013