“Great food, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 1,254 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Japanese
Mississauga, Canada
“Great food, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have been there 2 or 3 times recently, and always the service was excellent, the food came fast and was very good.

Visited October 2012

Mississauga, Canada
“My Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I love Sushi Tei Japanese Restaurant.I went there on October 2nd because it was always my day to choose a restaurant to go to.I think Sushi Tei Japanese Restaurant is excellent because my favorite food is sushi.My personality to sushi is that I like the cucumber sushi roll. To: Sushi Tei Japanese Restaurant,I just want to tell you that I like you the most!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great Japanese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was a busy Friday evening, we had to wait for awhile to get our table. Staff was very friendly and she tried her best to get us our table. The sushi and sashimi were good and fresh. Donkatsu was also good.
The waiters gave us free soup and appetizers because of the long wait. We will definitely return

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Gone downhill. Will not return.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Gone downhill. Would not eat here again.

My family used to come here all the time but the quality of their food and service have gone way downhill in recent years.

On my last visit, I ordered the Katsu Dong and was surprised to find that the pork had gone bad. I brought this to our waiter's attention and he looked at me like I was trying to scam him. After about 20 minutes of "inspecting" my food in the kitchen (at this point my family had finished their meals) he came back to tell me they'd make me a new meal. I would normally be very appreciative of attempts to correct a problem but I was not impressed by the fact that I had to eat alone!

Last night we went back to give them a second chance. Our rolls came to our table looking like someone smashed them onto the plate. It honestly looked like they fell off the plate and the chef just slapped them back on haphazardly. My meal came 15 minutes before everyone else's and by the time their food came, mine was cold! When the other dishes came, the waitress put the tray full of our food on a neighboring table (there was a couple sitting there!!!) The looks of disbelief that we exchanged with the couple were priceless. I cannot believe that anyone in the service industry would actually set a serving tray on someone else's table. Ridiculous.

I will not be returning to this "restaurant".

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Good, affordable, clean, friendly, Japanese, some Korean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went first time and arrived shortly before their closing time. Yet, the staff was friendly, quick but not pushy.

My choices were Seeweed soup, seafood salad and sashimi of 4 different fish. All seemed to be fresh, were well prepared (not overly fancy, but nicely decorated), and well tasting. They came out of order and in short distance, but the soup was still too hot for me to eat and had just been prepared.

I cannot speak to the authenticity, as I am not Japanese nor have I spent any significant time in Japan, but I certainly sampled a fair number of Japanese restaurants around the world and this is one of the better neighborhood restaurants.

Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited June 2012