“Good to have a business lunch here” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Mississauga, Canada
“Good to have a business lunch here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Topiary's is close to the airport, located on Derry, east of Airport Road. I used to go to this place when I worked in the area and it's been years since I've been. I decided to go back for lunch with a business associate.

Nothing much has changed ... the decor is still the same, ornate looking. The waiters were attentive and friendly. I ordered the lobster bisque and it was good. There were huge chunks of the meat. My associate and I split an oyster rockefeller as an appetizer - 3 pieces of each. It was a good portion. I am not sure what topping was used but it was light and creamy.

Main entree was the lobster salad .. which was substantial portion as well. They didn't hold back on the lobster meat, and the raw veggies, eggs, and potato salad made this a very filling meal.

I will go back once more to try their dinner ... I heard their steaks are good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
toronto
“"Terrible food and Atmosphere"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We recently had our business group dinner at Topiary's...Big Mistake!!! The interior is very old and in need of a facelift, very 80's looking. The servers looked very unpolished.
The food was terrible, very poor quality. I was very disappointed, I should have checked this place out before I made reservations!!

Won't be going back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Ont
“Always a great meal here for me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I have been going here for years. The last time we went we took visiting guests from out of town. They loved it as much as we do. It's one of 3 of our go to places when we are taking guests out. Good food, reasonable portions, friendly service.......we love it.

Visited April 2012
mississauga
“Enjoyable dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently had the opportunity to have a small dinner party (10 people). My food was very well prepared and exactly the way I had asked it to be. The balance of our party also enjoyed their meals. Service was very warm and friendly, they were not over bearing nor absent.
The deserts were a bit small but everything was very well received.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto Ontario
“Topiary is Tops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I took my Mother and two sons to Topiary's for Mother's Day and everyone really enjoyed the experience. From being greeted and seated to the wine list and menus...service is friendly and professional. The menu covers everything from steak to seafood with chicken, pork and pasta dishes as well...truly something for everyone at fair prices. They still make the Caesar salad table-side (although for some reason our waiter made it far away from us on the upper level but I could see/hear him chopping the lettuce) and you can taste the difference of freshly made. Everyone's food was delicious...the atmosphere is very elegant and for a first date or special occasion you can't go wrong by booking Topiary.

• Visited April 2012